Buffalo needs a complete rebuild on Offense

Socal-805

Outside of the below player/positions, who do you really need to keep?

1.  Josh Allen - QB

2.  Robert Foster - WR

3.  Dion Dawkins - LT

o  The O-line is probably the worst in all of Pro football.  COMPLETE rebuild outside of Dawkins, who may possibly be the only actual NFL starter at O-line on the roster.

o  Running Back - McCoy is probably finished, and no RB or FB under 30 years old when season starts next.  

o  Tight End - Clay?  Stop it! Croom!  That's it?

o Receivers - Robert Foster has stepped up this season, but AGAIN this is almost certainly the WORST group of receivers in the NFL.  How long can this go on???

Nothing stated above is really an exaggeration.

=======================================================================================

Buffalo is 30th in yards/game, 30th in points/game and 31st in passing yards.

Josh Allen accounts for more rushing yards than anyone I believe.

Push the reset button this year, and start the rebuild before it's too late - please.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

• Like (+1) 1

I;m ok with Shady coming back. Is he the same as a few years ago, no. But he seems to be loved in the locker room and is a Captain on the team. Bring in a young FA or draft pick and him mentor him in his last year. With Kyle gone, we need as many leaders back to fill the void

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

I;m ok with Shady coming back. Is he the same as a few years ago, no. But he seems to be loved in the locker room and is a Captain on the team. Bring in a young FA or draft pick and him mentor him in his last year. With Kyle gone, we need as many leaders back to fill the void

I have never thought much of keeping players simply to be good in the room: I do understand it however.

Shady looks like he's certainly hit the wall.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoLe01.htm

Barry Sanders in his prime would have been ineffective with this line.  Shady will bounce back next year with the Oline overhaul.  And Zay Jones has been emerging as an effective receiver when he doesn't drop the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's more a 3/4 and he can definitely be improved upon.

Ok, I said ceiling is 2/3. I also think we’d all be annoyed if we didn’t bring in 1 or 2 WRs via FA/High Draft Pick so we’re all assuming he will be improved upon.  

He’s clearly good enough to keep around on a rookie contract and see how he develops.  

Edited by SCBills

In addition to the ones the OP listed, I'd keep Zay Jones, Isaiah McKenzie, and Shady.

Zay goes back and forth between good games and bad, which shows that he's got the talent, he just needs a little time to become consistent. Give him one more year to see how he progresses, but definitely get some WR help.

McKenzie seems pretty versatile and he's young. See what he can do next year.

Shady has at least one more good year in him, assuming we fix the o-line. He can help in the passing game and he's a leader. He's worth his 2019 salary. Beyond that, who knows?

Edited by WhoTom

Zay Jones still has some potential.  Isaiah McKenzie is a decent gadget player.

Maybe Wyatt Teller has a chance after another offseason of conditioning and working with coaches.

Other than that, we are probably looking at an overhaul of 7-8 offensive positions.

The good news is, we don't need much help (if any) on the defensive side.

23 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

Zay will be a 1000 yard receiver next year

It would be a pleasant surprise along with Foster continuing to improve, but I just don't see ZJ being a 1000yd receiver. I just hope to see more improvement and a lot less drops on his part along with getting better separation.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are good on the left side. They need to upgrade the right side of the line and they can add N'Keal Harry to the WR group in the draft and that will give them a solid core of young guys with Jones, Harry, Foster and McKenzie. Croom has been decent but they could use an upgrade at TE and they def. need a young RB. 

RG, RT, RB, WR and TE. 

Lets hope they can find OL help in FA and draft Harry out of ASU. 

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

In addition to the ones the OP listed, I'd keep Zay Jones, Isaiah McKenzie, and Shady.

Zay goes back and forth between good games an bad, which shows that he's got the talent, he just needs a little time to figure it out. Give him one more year to see how he progresses, but definitely get some WR help.

McKenzie seems pretty versatile.

but

Shady has at least one more good year in him, assuming we fix the o-line. He can help in the passing game and he's a leader. He's worth his 2019 salary. Beyond that, who knows?

McCoy is one strained hammy in TC, PS or early in the reg season from repeating this year's numbers.  Given his history of that problem I think the Bills will make a move to find a back that can be the starter. 

Zay Zones has improved and he certainly has upside but his speed, hands, separation need quite a bit of work. 

I agree with the O-line and Tight End assessment. We need a true #1 receiver. But I like Foster, Jones and McKenzie as playmakers going forward. I have confidence that Shady will be effective and productive next season but adding some young fresh legs to the position should be a priority, this off season. But this is the first time since the Mid 90's that I am not at all concerned about our QB situation going into next yr. 

3 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I would add ZJones Teller, Groy and McKenzie to the list.

I sould keep Miller and Mills for depth. I dont see a need to cut them. Their contracts arent big at all

I think Miller and Mills are FA