More embarrassing ‘true confessions’

‘Coach’ brand clothing and accessories are named for the buggy people ride in, drawn by a horse.  Not for the guy who looks like Rob Ryan, and acts like Hank Bullough.  Until September of 2018, I was clueless on this.  (Among many other things, as some of you may well mutter.)

15 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Not mine, but my sister once asked in complete seriousness how they get the seeds out of a seedless watermelon.  As if they somehow opened it up, removed the seeds and then sealed it back up for sale.

This reminds me of a good one from Thanksgiving this year.  My aunt asked me if they have Starbucks in Florida.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Not mine, but my sister once asked in complete seriousness how they get the seeds out of a seedless watermelon.  As if they somehow opened it up, removed the seeds and then sealed it back up for sale.

you inject a quart of vodka into the melon to get rid of the seeds

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When I was little and Vietnam was raging, I thought Vietnam was a place where you went to  have wars, and it was  just a big open field with soldiers and tanks..could not conceive of actual villages, towns, people getting bombed   I had heard of WW1 and WW2..I just assumed they were fought in/on Vietnam too .

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

When I was little and Vietnam was raging, I thought Vietnam was a place where you went to  have wars, and it was  just a big open field with soldiers and tanks..could not conceive of actual villages, towns, people getting bombed   I had heard of WW1 and WW2..I just assumed they were fought in/on Vietnam too .

it's been good to live in North America the last 100 or so years.... very good....

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

When I was very young, I thought that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure played a mean guitar.

Pinball and guitar don't even sound close at all?  How can you think that? 

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

But you were soooo very young. I am shocked that you were even alive then! Are you just making this up for attention? 

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's been good to live in North America the last 100 or so years.... very good....

I’m not THAT old!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

But you were soooo very young. I am shocked that you were even alive then! Are you just making this up for attention? 

he didn't reference Boat People as his memory from when he was little

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not THAT old!!! 

Canada hasn't really heard about the troubles of veterans outside of those who got mustard gassed in WW1....

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

The draft was active, several older cousins, none who had gone on to college., a couple who ended up in country...better believe it was a topic of conversations at almost every family gathering. I certainly wasn't part of the conversation at age 6-11, but trust you me , you pick things up at that age. 

Had a cousin as well at the same time married this dude who had defected from Romania and i completely remember the adults talking about the Iron Curtain, and I took it literally. I thought this dude had lived behind some huge Iron Curtain like the Wizard of Oz

20 minutes ago, bbb said:

Pinball and guitar don't even sound close at all?  How can you think that? 

Like I said, I was very young. I suppose it was because right after the line, there's a cool guitar riff.

Also, my older brother owned the album. For some reason, I thought Tommy was the lead singer, as in "Tommy and The Who."

image.png.188048e278128195a87b574a38fb5841.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Canada hasn't really heard about the troubles of veterans outside of those who got mustard gassed in WW1....

Well that's not true at all.

1.1 million Canadians served in WWII for example; of those, like 45,000 died and more were injured.