Are the Bills satisfied with their current RB's ??

PUNT750

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, PUNT750 said:

It's seems Shady seems to be in the Bills plans for "19.  Ford and Murphy showed quickness and promise. Chris Ivory ran tough and down hill Sunday.

Do we keep them all - or-  draft a RB like Justice Hill from Oklahoma State in the 2nd Round?  He's 5'10", 190, and runs a 4.47 40. 

Just posted in another thread

I see us going after Tevin Coleman.  25 years old. Fast and multi dimensional.  Huge weapon catching the ball out of backfield.

We continue to develop Marcus Murphy

depth would be:

Shady -  Upgraded OL and some receiving weapons will do wonders for his numbers

Ivory-  Straight ahead runner that can start and carry the load

Coleman- Can run between the tackles and catch ball out of backfield. Daboll can line up in slot as well.  Super fast.

Murphy-  Continues to develop.  Will benefit like Shady w/ improved OL.  Can also catch out of backfield.

PS:  Ford/UDFA RB

Probably not, but I suspect they will be looking to fill the holes at OL, WR, TE, CB and DT first under the belief that they can still get decent production from Shady and Ivory. I suspect they might use a day 3 pick or bring in some UDFA's to compete there after filling those holes mentioned above. Of course, that all depends who shakes loose in FA. Would they pay Le'Veon Bell what he's asking? Would he even want to play here?

Being rated close to the lowest run game in the league i'm not sure McD or Bean will be happy the only way they will be happy is if they are #1 & in win a SB with who they had i think they will always be looking to be better & that shows with the firing of Castillo .

The guys they have may be on the 90 man roster going into OTA's but if some one else out performs them they won't be on the final 53 !! 

On 1/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, racketmaster said:

Quality running backs can make an impact and I just don’t see anything of quality on our roster at present. Shady looked hesitant and slower most of the year and at his age I just don’t see him getting back to what he once was. The other rbs on our roster are replacement level. It should not be necessary to make a huge investment in the rb position in order to find some quality players. Year after year, rbs drafted in the 3rd round and later are making significant impacts on their teams. I’d like to see a power/inside runner that can close out games and pick up short yardage. I’d also like to see the Bills acquire a pass catching speed back. I suppose Ivory could be the power back if needed but we are definitely lacking the speed back. 

The thing is, on passing plays, McCoy looked as good as ever - explosive with still-ridiculous quickness. It was on display vs. the Dolphins in week 17 too. How many times did you see him slamming his helmet down this season after walking off the field, right after being slammed to the turf immediately after the handoff? It was a joke. He is still a talented player, but the line was *awful*. I would bet a small amount of money that his little to-do with McDermott had to do with his frustration over that.