OT Jonah Williams in the first

27 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If Greedy Williams is available at 6 don't be surprised if we do offer our 1 and 4 to go up and get him.  It would probably be worth it.

I think this place would go nuts if they traded up for a CB.

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

According to this tweet, it sounds like a lot of executives don't believe Williams is a lock to go in the top 10. He's thought of as anywhere from a mid-1st to 2nd round pick.

The question for Bills fans, if its true that his best fit may be as a guard (a la Zack Martin for the Cowboys)...do Bills fans still want him in the 1st? 

It's an ideological question, really: are you still okay with drafting an offensive lineman early if it's an INTERIOR offensive lineman?

For me, I would be okay with it IF the Bills could trade down first. I don't love the idea of taking a guard at 9. If they could get into the 16-20 range and still grab him? Then I'm all for it. Fortify the line at all costs, even if it means selecting an interior lineman early.

I wouldn't pick Jonah Williams at 9 and I'm starting to think that he wont be the first OL off the board...

In regards to the trade down scenario.,  its feasible but you really need to see who is still there at 9.. Im hoping that some of the QB's get drafted before the Bills pick and a quality Edge rusher might still be there...

I think there will be good interior OL available into the 2nd and 3rd rounds..

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

If Greedy Williams is available at 6 don't be surprised if we do offer our 1 and 4 to go up and get him.  It would probably be worth it.

Not sure. Daniel Jeremiah said there is no marshon lattimore or Denzel ward CB in this draft, meaning he didn’t see Greedy as worthy of that “elite” label/high of a pick. Trading up from 9 wouldn’t make sense. And DJ is a very reliable draft analyst with years of nfl scouting background. 

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I think the Clemson game hurt his draft stock a bunch. I remember one play he got bull rushed and knocked on his ass, couldnt have been a good look

Ferrell whooped him all night. Say, how's about we draft the guy doing the whooping?

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Per Tony Pauline, he has spoken to at least a dozen sources who do not think he’s a top 10 pick

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_draft/status/1085305626832633856?s=21

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Charlie Campbell from WalterFootball has been saying this for awhile too. From December: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Teams-Project-Jonah-Williams-in-Mid--to-Late-Round-1

Ive felt this way for a while now. He'd be a huge reach and the amount of talent you'd pass on in terms of defensive linemen would makes this pick even more ludicrous. Never draft non elite linemen in the top ten. Never! 

• Like (+1) 2

A couple things

1) o linemen is such a buzzkill first round pick.  I mean it has to be built but man, talk about a ***** killer

2). I think a lot people have a fallacy about o line being safer than other positions.  They bust a lot more than people think.

3) it’s so hard to evaluate Bama players because they are surrounded by blue chippers.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume Daboll is familiar enough with him to know if he’s worth picking him that high.

One thing I have mentioned, and I think I did in this thread somewhere, is that I think Williams could be a really good center. He's got great technique etc, but is bad against speed rushes and gets overpowered at times. This really isn't as much of a problem inside. He is also very smart and has great intangibles. I think he's a center. 

I'd be willing to draft him in a trade down and I would make him my center. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One thing I have mentioned, and I think I did in this thread somewhere, is that I think Williams could be a really good center. He's got great technique etc, but is bad against speed rushes and gets overpowered at times. This really isn't as much of a problem inside. He is also very smart and has great intangibles. I think he's a center. 

I'd be willing to draft him in a trade down and I would make him my center. 

Short arms, too.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sold on him as a LT. I think he is a good player but will probably end up as a G or RT. 

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I would defer to him on that. Likewise with the Alabama RBs.

Ya Foster and Wallace turned out well. He knows Williams well, if they draft him I would be fine with it. I would also be fine with us passing on him for the same reason.

Edited by billspro
  • Thank you (+1) 1