OT Jonah Williams in the first

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

yes because of course other positions dont need time to adjust to the NFL......

Tyron Smith was NFL ready right out of the box......and Jonah Williams has a LOT of his traits

He has played those positions in his college career....similar to Dawkins

I would be for Jonah Williams but he is in no way close to Tyron Smith. I do see one of two things happening, 1. He is ranked close to Ronnie Stanley and goes before we pick or two he's seen like Jonathan Conklin and falls to or past us. Then some say he's only a RT or a G. I'd still take him at 9 if he's only a RT. Depends on who's available. Defensive players might be once in a lifetime types.

He won't be there at 9 that was one reason why i wanted the Bills to lose the game against the Fins so they would have a better shot at him with the other teams ahead of the Bills in this draft there's no way he makes it to 9 unless Bean pulls off a move to move up & get him !! 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

thanks for the insight, so you are saying we should never talk about the draft until FA is over?? Cool see you in 3 months.

It's all good. My point is that we have no idea how the draft is going to shake out right now, so it is very difficult to speculate on whom the Bills are going to draft.

Last year at the this time I knew the Bills were all in on Allen. I had no idea about Edmunds.

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

What I like is that the Bills don't have so many holes to fill this year.  They could stand to upgrade at some defensive positions but they have no suck-o starters on D.  The O line and WR are the two areas of need, so the Bills can concentrate on those areas and bring in good FAs for depth elsewhere.

Oh there’s plenty of holes.. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

luckily he isnt great on paper but great on the field and ask the colts how their 6th overall Guard is doing.

Again I have no problem drafting a guard up there if they are elite. Nelson had zero flaws in his game. Elite no doubter. They aren't even in the same stratosphere. It's not an apt comparison. 

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Doubt he’s there at 9 or 10 but if he’s there, sure.  I just don’t think he’s dominant.  Solid OL.  Would rather trade down 

He's a low risk pick, but may not have the highest ceiling of any offensive tackle in the draft.  Beane is a riverboat gambler in the draft.  If his first draft is any indication, he will swing for the fences.

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'd be very happy with a top OT, but is 300 on the small size for a tackle in this era?

Believe it or not, this concerns me too lol. I don't know how much more weight he can carry but we pay pros to figure this stuff out.

I would also like to see how many times he benches 225 at the combines. Even though he has faced great competition at Tuscaloosa, EVERY DE in the NFL is a badass and he will need endurance.

In all, Jonah has a high ceiling and a not so low floor imo.  I would think that his floor would be a pre injury Andy Levitre. Remember, Andy was a fine guard for us for a few years. He was also close to the same size as Jonah and played LT in college. I think he will surpass Levitre and become a fine LT.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nor me. I think he is a 1st round pick, but he is more in the "solid long term starter" range than "elite difference maker". 

And that's all I'm saying. I don't want a solid long term starter, who might not be a left tackle, in the top ten. I'm sorry, that's just no way to draft.

Gone by 9.  Jets probably.

The guy who scares me is Little from Miss. State.  I feel J. Williams will be gone and I fret over a reach for a guy who doesn't have requisite desire, that competitive fire.

Cannot miss on this pick, need a great player here. 

13 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

The last time we drafted an OL in the first round was 2002, when we drafted Mike Williams at 4. How did that turn out?

It would have worked out great if Donahoe wasn't trying to prove how smart he was and drafted McKinnie who was 10x better than Mike Williams from day 1. Mike Williams was an overweight RT with a chronic ankle problem. It was one of the dumbest picks ever made by the Bills, a high bar indeed. It was even about as dumb as Donte Whitner at #8.

The Bills lack of devoting ample resources to the QB and OL positions is the primary reason why they have sucked for decades. Do you disagree?

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Also a lot of film shows he struggles with a speed rush, so bigger longer guys would overpower him and a guy like Jerry Hughes would make him look silly. He's not an elite prospect. I think he's Luke Joeckel. 

So if this is the case then I’m assuming his coach from a year ago Daboll will be aware of these shortcomings and look in another direction right?

if they end up picking him and it turns out to be a reach then it would reflect poorly on Daboll..

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So if this is the case then I’m assuming his coach from a year ago Daboll will be aware of these shortcomings and look in another direction right?

if they end up picking him and it turns out to be a reach then it would reflect poorly on Daboll..

Well honestly I will say this, if Brian Daboll thinks he's elite and is the guy, I will support it wholeheartedly. I basically stating my opinion on the guy based on what I have seen and read. But I assume Daboll knows a hell of a lot more than me as a guy with intimate knowledge of the guy. I still won't like it, but I'd support it 100%. I just don't think the difference between Dawkins and Williams is big enough to use a top ten pick. 

I think Dawkins is fine and gets a bad rap here. He's been up and down at time, but he's a young player who needs to find consistency in his game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What I'm noticing watching the videos is that he is a natural knee bender, has good lateral movement with athleticism for his size, and he always keeps a solid wide base with his feet.

That right there makes him better than most of the guys on the Bills O Line right now.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Well honestly I will say this, if Brian Daboll thinks he's elite and is the guy, I will support it wholeheartedly. I basically stating my opinion on the guy based on what I have seen and read. But I assume Daboll knows a hell of a lot more than me as a guy with intimate knowledge of the guy. I still won't like it, but I'd support it 100%. I just don't think the difference between Dawkins and Williams is big enough to use a top ten pick. 

I think Dawkins is fine and gets a bad rap here. He's been up and down at time, but he's a young player who needs to find consistency in his game. 

Yeah Im not sure either about him being the right pick at 9 but you would have to back Daboll’s judgement about him on this..

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets see if it meets my criteria for this offseason. 

Does this move help Josh Allen?

Answer is:  YES.  

So yep I would be on board 

Skill players will help Allen. 

Pass or trade down.