Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Sure there is, he's 30 years old and hasn't played in a long time. Plus he's got a bad attitude. Giving up a first-round pick for him is just asinine.

I don’t know that it would take a 1 for sure but if you can get the best WR in the nfl for another 3-4 years it’s anything but asinine. We will almost certainly get less at #9 then would get out of Brown. I would have no issue with that trade but as I have said probably 3 times in this thread.. he’s difficult off the field which will be a non starter for the guys running our team. Zero interest in character concerns regardless of talent

Wait!? What!?  Now Steelers are open to trading him?  How could this be? @dabills21 told me it’s impossible and he will bet anyone who suggests it could happen.  

I suggest dabills21 hit up the Steelers and make a big wager with them because apparently the Steelers aren’t internally aware that it’s impossible!  I mean you could make a bunch of money off the absolute impossibility that he could ever be traded!  

Silly Steelers, so naive and ignorant to not even know it’s impososble for them to trade Brown.  Lucky us, we got prophets here at TSW who know the future better than we know our realities to keep us ahead of the curve on all things.

I am surprised how many people want Brown on the Bills considering:

1. He is aging and we have seen his peak

2.  He quit on his team going into the playoffs, that is kind of unforgiveable

3.  He is an assclown

But but but he had good stats for fantasy fooball so it has to happen.................meh

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know that it would take a 1 for sure but if you can get the best WR in the nfl for another 3-4 years it’s anything but asinine. We will almost certainly get less at #9 then would get out of Brown. I would have no issue with that trade but as I have said probably 3 times in this thread.. he’s difficult off the field which will be a non starter for the guys running our team. Zero interest in character concerns regardless of talent

Well, I could be wrong, but the Stillers are gonna have to take a big-ass salary cap hit if they trade him.

So I don't see how they can justify it unless they get the chance at a big return - like a 1st round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

He had the ability to play last week in a must win game and skipped practice, an MRI, and got into a fight with the QB. He took himself out voluntarily of a game that decided a playoff berth. You just can’t bring that guy back. He’s a great talent and football player but you cannot bring him back. Once a guy quits in an nfl locker room, it is over. He will end up on another team. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I could be wrong, but the Stillers are gonna have to take a big-ass salary cap hit if they trade him.

So I don't see how they can justify it unless they get the chance at a big return - like a 1st round pick.

Not too bad 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I am surprised how many people want Brown on the Bills considering:

1. He is aging and we have seen his peak

2.  He quit on his team going into the playoffs, that is kind of unforgiveable

3.  He is an assclown

But but but he had good stats for fantasy fooball so it has to happen.................meh

We've seen his peak?

Didn't he lead the NFL in receiving TDs and have another 1,200-yard season with close to 100 receptions?

That's a highly debatable statement 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We've seen his peak?

Didn't he lead the NFL in receiving TDs and have another 1,200-yard season with close to 100 receptions?

I think he’s in his prime and will continue to produce at a high level with a decent QB situation. But i think he’s done in Pittsburgh. His true colors have been shown. Needs a change of scenery. 

Big pass on this guy.   Get Allen Tyrell Williams & Chris Conley or a guy in the 2nd Round.  

The dude is a locker room cancer.  

This team seems to have a family feel and our biggest “diva” (quotation marks indicate sarcasm) is LeSean McCoy who is a great teammate. 

I dont feel like subjecting our franchise QB who seems to be as high character as they come to Antonio Brown’s “it’s all about me” attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We've seen his peak?

I agree that Brown is still an elite talent and will be for a few more seasons.  But I just don't want him on my team.  He sure seems to be all about himself and not his team.  You can sometimes get away with adding a selfish, but highly talented player to a mature, successful team. But you can't build a team like that.

I wonder if any of the posters here who are clambering for AB also rip on OBJ (who hasn't done done things that come close to what AB just did).

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree that Brown is still an elite talent and will be for a few more seasons.  But I just don't want him on my team.  He sure seems to be all about himself and not his team.  You can sometimes get away with adding a selfish, but highly talented player to a mature, successful team. But you can't build a team like that.

I wonder if any of the posters here who are clambering for AB also rip on OBJ (who hasn't done done things that come close to what AB just did).

Sure, that opinion holds water for me.

Basing it on a supposed decline in production doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We've seen his peak?

His career highs in receptions and yards were in 2014-15. 

Ages 25-27 avg 125rec 1677yds 10tds

Ages 28-30 avg 113 rec 1496 yds 13 tds

His catch % was also higher. Not  a terrible drop off.

But, his peak was clearly in the ages 25-27 , as the stats show and you would expect.

The saying don't pay a guy in his thirties for what he did in his twenties is applicable here.

I would happily bet you that he never never tops his peak numbers again.

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We've seen his peak?

Hes what 31 and plays with a QB that works well with him. In Buffalo his production will go down...a lot.  What do you think will happen, 5 more years of 1500 yards and 15 TD's?   5 years is not at all realistic though.

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had the ability to play last week in a must win game and skipped practice, an MRI, and got into a fight with the QB. He took himself out voluntarily of a game that decided a playoff berth. You just can’t bring that guy back. He’s a great talent and football player but you cannot bring him back. Once a guy quits in an nfl locker room, it is over. He will end up on another team. 

Not too bad 

I guess my point is that the Stillers are still going to be paying off a star player's salary cap hit if they trade AB.

So it's not unreasonable that they're going to want to get something like a high draft pick that would let them have a shot at a new star for it.

They don't have a lot of cap room.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

His career highs in receptions and yards were in 2014-15. 

Ages 25-27 avg 125rec 1677yds 10tds

Ages 28-30 avg 113 rec 1496 yds 13 tds

His catch % was also higher. Not  a terrible drop off.

But, his peak was clearly in the ages 25-27 , as the stats show and you would expect.

The saying don't pay a guy in his thirties for what he did in his twenties is applicable here.

I would happily bet you that he never never tops his peak numbers again.

Well, you'd have already lost that wager since he scored 15 TDs this season 

26 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Hes what 31 and plays with a QB that works well with him. In Buffalo his production will go down...a lot.  What do you think will happen, 5 more years of 1500 yards and 15 TD's?   5 years is not at all realistic though.

I don't think I said anything about 5 years. How about 2 years while your young QB develops?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I prefer AJ Green.  Much more of a professional.  We do not need AB teaching Foster to be a diva

I hear you, but AB doesn't have the injury history though.  He usually is available to play.  Either player would be a big help though.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's def an assclown.... as are a lot of NFL players. 

As are a lot of people in general...

57 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, you'd have already lost that wager since he scored 15 TDs this season 

I don't think I said anything about 5 years. How about 2 years while your young QB develops?

LOL! You're a joke expert. Claims victory like Trump with no argument.

Edited by Josh "Real Deal" Allen

9 minutes ago, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

LOL! You're a joke expert. Claims victory like Trump with no argument.

Says the guy that claimed his career highs came 4 years ago when he had more TDs this season than in any other year of his career. :lol:

Oh, and by the way, there's a whole forum dedicated to lousy political takes, so usher yourself on over there if you want to take that route.

And next time, try making a true statement before you throw darts.

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Two 2's and I would consider it.  In today's NFL I think a Wr can play longer.  Get a solid 3 to 4 years isnt unrealistic.

That's why I said to trade the 9th pick and our 2nd rounder for AB and the 20th pick. Basically works out to two 2s

Edited by thebandit27