Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Shady and our first rounder for Bell and Brown

I believe Bell is a free agent after not playing this year.  I would not pay him what he wants.  RB can be found later in the draft.  He is very good but it has a lot to do with their OL.  

When is comes to Brown I would take a chance but not for our 1st rounder.  He will turn 31 this year.  

I just don’t want him. I don’t want a guy like that conplaining to the media about allen in any way shape or form. At least with a drafted guy, or a guy they’d sign like Humphries or Conley or whoever, if a game goes bad, they’ll just blame themselves and the team as a whole. I could totally see AB just calling out individuals, the coaches, stuff like that. Just doesn’t seem to fit what they want here. I don’t want it either. Also, he’s how old? 30??? No thank you. 

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I believe Bell is a free agent after not playing this year.  I would not pay him what he wants.  RB can be found later in the draft.  He is very good but it has a lot to do with their OL.  

Bell I think can still be hit with the Franchise tag. By not playing he did not accrue a full season.  It would cost the Steelers a ton of cap space to tag him, but they have the option if there is a trade market

Edited by /dev/null
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Bell I think can still be hit with the Franchise tag. By not playing he did not accrue a full season.  It would cost the Steelers a ton of cap space to tag him, but they have the option if there is a trade market

If I'm the Steelers I'm in the mood to slap back.

I'd tag him and trade him.  He cant afford to sit out again if he ever wants a payday. Steelers have more leverage this year than last year

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, The Wiz said:

All would have been an upgrade for sure but it was meant as a joke anyways.

yes i knew that....

19 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

If I'm the Steelers I'm in the mood to slap back.

I'd tag him and trade him.  He cant afford to sit out again if he ever wants a payday. Steelers have more leverage this year than last year

I hate to admit

Brown AND Bell would improve this team immediately. and quite a bit.
Not a bad fantasy. 

even they i do not care for either of them, and consider both a risk.
but damn

Random observation

I don't think I've seen the Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster Pizza Hutt commercials today.  They were usually good for a couple airings during every game throughout the season, but nothing today.  I wonder if Pizza Hutt pulled the ads

On 1/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, 3rdand12 said:

I might guess, both were/ are considered low character guys. Landry especially !!!!
 and Brown is a Diva that needs flowers and candies every Sunday.

Not good for this Team.
and one player doth not improve the team.

and how boring would it be to have Josh be forced to chuck the ball to Brown all game. ....

Landry is a nice thing?

might have been an upgrade though.
brown ? nutbucket

I don’t think landry is low character - i think he’s a fierce competitor who plays hard and with an edge. But the aaron williams play dooms his rep among bills fans.

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don’t think landry is low character - i think he’s a fierce competitor who plays hard and with an edge. But the aaron williams play dooms his rep among bills fans.

I think he changed his game. took a season or so.
 Seems like he became a Leader after his trade.

and yes

I hold grudges..WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES I hate Bryan Cox

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think he changed his game. took a season or so.
 Seems like he became a Leader after his trade.

and yes

I hold grudges..WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES I hate Bryan Cox

Yeah, I don’t like the guy either. I don’t hate Cox. He was wild early on but evolved into an actual pro over time. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, I don’t like the guy either. I don’t hate Cox. He was wild early on but evolved into an actual pro over time. 

i never suggested i was even handed with my grudges.
 But to each their own   : )

22 hours ago, /dev/null said:

After the supposed deadline it came out that the language in Bells contract was extremely vague regarding the subject of season accrual.  Legally, the assumption is that if arbitrated Bell wins easily.   Bell for 3 years 50 isnt terrible.  If it was fully guaranteed he would do it. Though I think he is 1 test away from a 1 yr suspension.  I would def trade a 2nd plus for Brown.  3 to 4 years of top production would be worth it.  Foster and Ab is a pretty good duo.  Take Fant at 9 and the offense is pretty good outside.

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It was more than just the A. Williams incident. How about the final game last year?  You want a guy like that on your team?  No friggin way.

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

It was more than just the A. Williams incident. How about the final game last year?  You want a guy like that on your team?  No friggin way.

As I said, I don’t like him, but I don’t think he’s low character. I think he’s a hardass player who plays with an extreme edge, sometimes to the point where he’ll cross the line. He’s a process guy in his own way. Gase totally screwed his managing of a bunch of combustible-but-good players up (ie, Suh).

Edited by dave mcbride

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As I said, I don’t like him, but I don’t think he’s low character. I think he’s a hardass player who plays with an extreme edge, sometimes to the point where he’ll cross the line. He’s a process guy in his own way. Gase totally screwed his managing of a bunch of combustible-but-good players up (ie, Suh).

He took a cheap shot in the Bills game this preseason.  He's a punk.

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Random observation

I don't think I've seen the Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster Pizza Hutt commercials today.  They were usually good for a couple airings during every game throughout the season, but nothing today.  I wonder if Pizza Hutt pulled the ads

I think its just a coincidence as they have come out with those new abe lincoln ones so they were going with their new marketing campaign i think