Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

Incredible talent. truly one of the game's best WR's. Very reasonable contract as well. But that attitude....ugh. He's a diva and a flake rolled into one.

I'm of the opinion that this could easily backfire. This guy has had the luxury of playing with a HOF QB his entire career and he has a meltdown if he doesn't get his 1,500 yards. What's he going to do if he struggles to get 1,000 yards with a 2nd year QB? He comes across as a me-first guy and not a team player.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Come on man, he has taken the Steelers to 2 SB, won 1, he has a regular season record of 131-71-1 career record, he's the winningest head coach based on win percentage with 68.8%, yeah he really blows. Marv Levy had 4 HOF players and won 0 SB.

How many important games has he lost with a top 7 QB, and the best RB and the best WR and a good offensive line? 

I know he’s a good coach, but if you can’t win with that, then there’s something wrong.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes, they don't have to be the fastest IMO. It all comes down to route running ability and being able to get separation and get open. Speed helps but as long as they aren't as slow as KB is then I think they will be just fine.

burst out of the break

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

How many important games has he lost with a top 7 QB, and the best RB and the best WR and a good offensive line? 

I know he’s a good coach, but if you can’t win with that, then there’s something wrong.

...good points bud...wasn't the last Lombardi in 2009?.....then again, with 3 HC's in 48+ years, "firing" in NOT in the Rooney vocabulary...........

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He already told you.....because he's a millennial.

The goal is no longer a 'colorblind society'.  The goal is to slice and dice every situation through the perspective of race, no matter how irrelevant it is to the situation.

I don't think it's irrelevant. In another thread two people have already convicted Vance Joseph of something charges were never brought against him for.

You can find people all over this board defending Rothlisberger. 

Yet in this thread people are trying to turn Antonio Brown into some insane monster left and right over stuff that is far less heinous than what the aforementioned have on their reputations. And the situation was exacerbated and mishandled by Tomlin.

But trot out the old man troll bull#### because the scope of the situation doesn't fit the narrative that's convenient for you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think it's irrelevant. In another thread two people have already convicted Vance Joseph of something charges were never brought against him for.

You can find people all over this board defending Rothlisberger. 

Yet in this thread people are trying to turn Antonio Brown into some insane monster left and right over stuff that is far less heinous than what the aforementioned have on their reputations. And the situation was exacerbated and mishandled by Tomlin.

But trot out the old man troll bull#### because the scope of the situation doesn't fit the narrative that's convenient for you.

Not the place for this ol D. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think he goes to the 49ers.  It makes too much sense.  The Steelers won't get the 49ers 2nd pick in the draft for him given Brown's age and contract, but I could see something like the 49ers giving up aa 2nd round pick in 2019 and 2020 trade for him.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he goes to the 49ers.  It makes too much sense.  The Steelers won't get the 49ers 2nd pick in the draft for him given Brown's age and contract, but I could see something like the 49ers giving up aa 2nd round pick in 2019 and 2020 trade for him.

Don't you think teams with young QBs will be hesitant to trade for him?  If he doesn't respect Big Ben who will he respect?

The thing that confuses me about this board is that everyone says we need to upgrade the offense. But be almost nobody wanted Landry. Now mostly nobody wants Brown or Bell. Everyone wants elite talent but when it's available almost everyone finds a reason why the elite guy isn't a good fit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

The thing that confuses me about this board is that everyone says we need to upgrade the offense. But be almost nobody wanted Landry. Now mostly nobody wants Brown or Bell. Everyone wants elite talent but when it's available almost everyone finds a reason why the elite guy isn't a good fit.

Being a bills fan requires that you aren't allowed nice things. 

• Like (+1) 1

I might guess, both were/ are considered low character guys. Landry especially !!!!
 and Brown is a Diva that needs flowers and candies every Sunday.

Not good for this Team.
and one player doth not improve the team.

and how boring would it be to have Josh be forced to chuck the ball to Brown all game. ....

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Being a bills fan requires that you aren't allowed nice things. 

Landry is a nice thing?

might have been an upgrade though.
brown ? nutbucket

With Landry it was personal.

With Brown, there's a reason why he's available.

• Like (+1) 1