Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

43 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He's not a headcase, that's just the crap one of the most respected franchises are putting out there.

AB, Bell headcases.... White rapist who crashed motorcycles... no problem there. The franchise is going to be garbage in 10 years. They're living in the past and their past accomplishments. That won't work with millenials. We don't care about that.

Eh... he's absolutely needed. Our wide receivers are crap.

hey Ray Lewis murdered someone so

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I see both sides of it. I'm interested in how much money of that contract Pitt is eating. If it's the majority of it, I think you absolutely considering it.

You'd have a number 1 cheap and the QB on a rookie contract and you can go after whoever or spend wherever after that 

McDermott wants football lifers, ab is not happening

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

hey Ray Lewis murdered someone so

McDermott wants football lifers, ab is not happening

I agree, I dont think ab is happening. I was just giving my opinion. I'd love the move. I know I'm in the minority and that's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, wppete said:

I really want to bring him in badly but am very worried AB is a complete headcase and could spoil all the good that is happening in Buffalo. 

If we are that delicate, is what’s happening really that good?

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just watched this again and came away drooooling again.  Go get this kid!

I’ll admit I know next to nothing about this kid other than he’s fairly large and people have said he needs to run well this spring to solidify a high draft slot. 

My take away is that, while very valuable, speed can be overrated and I love this dude. Makes plays for his qb and makes up for what looks to be pedestrian field speed(he gets caught a couple times) with ELITE field vision. 

Sign me up. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ll admit I know next to nothing about this kid other than he’s fairly large and people have said he needs to run well this spring to solidify a high draft slot. 

My take away is that, while very valuable, speed can be overrated and I love this dude. Makes plays for his qb and makes up for what looks to be pedestrian field speed(he gets caught a couple times) with ELITE field vision. 

Sign me up. 

Yeah, and I’m not sure why people are concerned by his speed, he’s made several explosive plays to me.  Love this kid and love Metcalf.  

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, and I’m not sure why people are concerned by his speed, he’s made several explosive plays to me.  Love this kid and love Metcalf.  

I have unfortunately become a speed guy. Watching Kelvin Benjamin repeatedly will do that to a person. I think he's too slow. Mike Williams (USC) comes to mind. Great college player, however. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, whatdrought said:

My dad, a Steelers fan, is in hard denial that the era of the 3 B's is over and with nothing to show. I know they don't fire coaches, but come on... How do you keep someone who can't produce with that much talent?

Come on man, he has taken the Steelers to 2 SB, won 1, he has a regular season record of 131-71-1 career record, he's the winningest head coach based on win percentage with 68.8%, yeah he really blows. Marv Levy had 4 HOF players and won 0 SB.

16 hours ago, wppete said:

Why do you have to bring race into this?!?!?

Cmon man....

He already told you.....because he's a millennial.

The goal is no longer a 'colorblind society'.  The goal is to slice and dice every situation through the perspective of race, no matter how irrelevant it is to the situation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As far as Antonio brown coming here I don't think it would be a good fit and I'm not saying that as a bitter Steelers/Bills fan, I'm saying it because the moment Josh Allen stops throwing him 15 targets a game he's going to go into a tirade, this has been his thing for awhile, he was good about his first contract and then was a diva ever since and yes he is an amazing player but he signed the contract, then they extended him now another tirade. I wouldn't want Brown anywhere near Josh Allen but that's just my opinion. Brown needs a veteran QB who will know how to force feed his diva WR and I don't think that's what Allen needs to be doing in year 2.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I have unfortunately become a speed guy. Watching Kelvin Benjamin repeatedly will do that to a person. I think he's too slow. Mike Williams (USC) comes to mind. Great college player, however. 

I agree, except he is a lot faster than KB was this season IMO.  I am not sure what his actual speed is, but watching him he seems fast enough to me.  For instance, Hopkins doesn’t have elite speed, neither did guys like Boldin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc.  They aren’t slow, but also not burners.  KB was so slow he should honestly think about converting to a TE with his size.  But his ego will never let that happen I am sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree, except he is a lot faster than KB was this season IMO.  I am not sure what his actual speed is, but watching him he seems fast enough to me.  For instance, Hopkins doesn’t have elite speed, neither did guys like Boldin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, etc.  They aren’t slow, but also not burners.  KB was so slow he should honestly think about converting to a TE with his size.  But his ego will never let that happen I am sure.  

KB is also likely a genuinely terrible in-line blocker. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes, they don't have to be the fastest IMO. It all comes down to route running ability and being able to get separation and get open. Speed helps but as long as they aren't as slow as KB is then I think they will be just fine.