Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Just dawned on me Whaley came up in Pittsburgh.

He sort of had the same knack Pittsburgh looks to have prioritizing individual talent above team first guys. 

One could argue the Steelers have perpetualy underperformed for the past decade 

Can’t win pin the Antonio Brown fiasco on Whaley somehow?

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Can’t win pin the Antonio Brown fiasco on Whaley somehow?

Look up, way above your head... the point made, that’s what was passing over.

Whales had the pattern of priotizing talent over teamwork. He found and retained talented players.  That pattern is similar to Pit, where he grew up.

im not blaming him for jack.... well maybe I could blame him for not taking miles jack, over Shaq? ?

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good, I hate world culture.  How was NE’s culture when Hernandez was murdering people?

Culture and arm talent are some of the most overused words constantly being thrown around.

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Because they don't fire HCs.  When was the last time Pitt fired one?  They've only had three in my lifetime - Chuck Knoll, Bill Cowher, and Mike Tomlin.

So they would watch 2-3 seasons of not making the playoffs, likely the retirement of Ben.....and only then decide to fire Tomlin?  That's what the poster I was responding to said.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So they would watch 2-3 seasons of not making the playoffs, likely the retirement of Ben.....and only then decide to fire Tomlin?  That's what the poster I was responding to said.

This is a possibility, at the very least it can't be dismissed.  Ben might end up retiring before the Steelers can even consider firing Tomlin.  I'm not saying holding onto Tomlin is a good idea; I would have fired him if I were the Steelers' brass.  He has lost control of the team and makes some very bad in game decisions.

18 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

It's time for the Bills to sacrifice themselves and bring Brown in. I know he's not needed but he needs a job. Let's help him out.

I really want to bring him in badly but am very worried AB is a complete headcase and could spoil all the good that is happening in Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is a possibility, at the very least it can't be dismissed.  Ben might end up retiring before the Steelers can even consider firing Tomlin.  I'm not saying holding onto Tomlin is a good idea; I would have fired him if I were the Steelers' brass.  He has lost control of the team and makes some very bad in game decisions.

Also tripped a player running full speed during a game. Disgusting

37 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Also tripped a player running full speed during a game. Disgusting

He tried to trip Jacoby Jones on a Thanksgiving night game, but was not successful.  Like no one was watching and wouldn't see him stick his foot out from the sideline.  Tomlin got a $100,000 fine for that.  Embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I really want to bring him in badly but am very worried AB is a complete headcase and could spoil all the good that is happening in Buffalo. 

He's not a headcase, that's just the crap one of the most respected franchises are putting out there.

AB, Bell headcases.... White rapist who crashed motorcycles... no problem there. The franchise is going to be garbage in 10 years. They're living in the past and their past accomplishments. That won't work with millenials. We don't care about that.

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

It's time for the Bills to sacrifice themselves and bring Brown in. I know he's not needed but he needs a job. Let's help him out.

Eh... he's absolutely needed. Our wide receivers are crap.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

He's not a headcase, that's just the crap one of the most respected franchises are putting out there.

AB, Bell headcases.... White rapist who crashed motorcycles... no problem there. The franchise is going to be garbage in 10 years. They're living in the past and their past accomplishments. That won't work with millenials. We don't care about that.

Why do you have to bring race into this?!?!?

Cmon man....

1 minute ago, wppete said:

@SDS

Really? I didn't say anything offensive or wrong, was just my opinion on the matter. Lol.

Is this like when you run to your parents because you dont like what someone else said? Really, what are you doing there?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

46 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He tried to trip Jacoby Jones on a Thanksgiving night game, but was not successful.  Like no one was watching and wouldn't see him stick his foot out from the sideline.  Tomlin got a $100,000 fine for that.  Embarrassing.

Deserved a ban from the season with possible reinstatement at the end. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no

I see both sides of it. I'm interested in how much money of that contract Pitt is eating. If it's the majority of it, I think you absolutely considering it.

You'd have a number 1 cheap and the QB on a rookie contract and you can go after whoever or spend wherever after that