Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

A good theory, but until you fix the o-line, none of that matters. Fix the o-lin, the running game and passing game get better with no addtions. Start at the core and build out, not in the opposite direction.

Well you use FA and the draft picks to fix the OL.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Agree. Im not putting that drama in my locker room. Ive worked hard to build a culture, im not gonna piss it away for a great WR who can't play QB.

"Fearless Price" love the name.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe the culture in Pittsburgh has deteriorated so much over the past few years, that players are beginning to not go with the flow. The Steelers now have had 2 superstar players, Bell and Brown, take issues with different aspects of the team. 

i can't remember the Steelers ever having these problems in the past.   

7 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Maybe the culture in Pittsburgh has deteriorated so much over the past few years, that players are beginning to not go with the flow. The Steelers now have had 2 superstar players, Bell and Brown, take issues with different aspects of the team. 

i can't remember the Steelers ever having these problems in the past.   

They have no culture. It’s a complete circus. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

If we’re gonna get into the trade game in addition to FA & the Draft, then I’d like to see Von Miller for two 2nds & a 4th. 

Broncos OL Coach, Center & Pass rusher would make it a Rockie Moutain High!

If we are going to become the Broncos, I rather be the Pittsburgh Broncos and add Brown and Bell to everything you added above

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can he "envision" his team with Mike Tomlin?  He should start envisioning that right now.

I agree, Tomlin is overrated.  But I doubt the Steelers fire him unless they fail to make the post-season for another 2-3 years.  Plus, once Big Ben retires, they should really struggle.

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree, Tomlin is overrated.  But I doubt the Steelers fire him unless they fail to make the post-season for another 2-3 years.  Plus, once Big Ben retires, they should really struggle.

Why would they waste the last 2-3 seasons of Ben's remaining utility watching them not make the playoffs in order to decide if they should fire the HC??

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good, I hate world culture.  How was NE’s culture when Hernandez was murdering people?

you're right. the circus in the media and locker room on top of Tomlins reputation for lack of discipline probably had nothing to do with the implosion from 7-2-1 to out of the playoffs...

while i'm not huge on "culture", lets not act like its meaningless....and referencing the exception to the rule when it comes to the pats seems like a huge reach to fortify your argument. that team has been the definition of "culture" for years.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would they waste the last 2-3 seasons of Ben's remaining utility watching them not make the playoffs in order to decide if they should fire the HC??

Because they don't fire HCs.  When was the last time Pitt fired one?  They've only had three in my lifetime - Chuck Knoll, Bill Cowher, and Mike Tomlin.

• Like (+1) 1