Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

James Lofton was 33 when he joined The Bills in 1989. 

For free as waiver wire pickup. Lol as a HOFer 

Scored 21 TDs as 2nd or 3rd option in Kgun. 

In just over 3 seasons as Bill. 

29 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

For free as waiver wire pickup. Lol as a HOFer 

Scored 21 TDs as 2nd or 3rd option in Kgun. 

In just over 3 seasons as Bill. 

And he was far from a locker room headache. Nor did he sleep with Mark Kelso's fiance. Nor did he pout when he didn't get "enough touches". IMO, AB is not worth it.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think the Steelers deal for a 3rd.  Someone will offer them more.

Brown is only 30, right?  So he could stop dominating in his mid-30s and still have 2-4 years of exceptional play

Antonio Brown 2019 cap hit $22,165,000

2020 $18,340,000

2021.  $19,540,000

a 3rd would be a landslide for Pittsburgh. 

12 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, the draft-your-own-instead approach is fine, up to a point: who in the draft do we believe will be close to the player that Brown is, and when should we expect him to perform at that level?

I don't expect you (or me, or Beane for that matter) to know that...and that's the point of trading. Brown is, for better or for worse, a known commodity. He's a top 3 NFL WR, and 2-4 seasons of that to help your rookie QB develop would be more worth it to me than taking an educated guess on a rookie 

This is really the key.  It’s about the development of Josh Allen and taking advantage of his rookie contract window. Even if the Bills use the 9th pick on WR this year (no sure thing that they will), it is highly unlikely that player would have as great an impact as AB will the next three seasons. What’s the plan for getting JA some quality offensive weapons?  At this point, hopes and prayers.

55 minutes ago, gordong said:

adequate compensation...  for a guy that left a game at halftime and is making huge money....

Good luck with that....    Be lucky to get a middle round pick.

He was inactive; his leaving at halftime is a non-issue IMO.

His friction with his QB is the bigger deal to me. And I do think that the Poyer thing would cause an interesting locker room dynamic. The leadership of the team would have to be convinced that they could make it work.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

He was inactive; his leaving at halftime is a non-issue IMO.

His friction with his QB is the bigger deal to me. And I do think that the Poyer thing would cause an interesting locker room dynamic. The leadership of the team would have to be convinced that they could make it work.

Hasn't it been purported that he was inactive due to a non-existent injury?

48 minutes ago, gordong said:

Antonio Brown 2019 cap hit $22,165,000

2020 $18,340,000

2021.  $19,540,000

a 3rd would be a landslide for Pittsburgh. 

I'm not sure your point here.  That's the cap hit to Philly if Brown stays on their roster.

A new team will be paying Brown $12.6M this year (plus possibly a $2.5M roster bonus), $11.3M next year, and $12.5M in 2021. 

That's very reasonable $$ for the trade partner to pay for a top WR who is under contract for 3 years - it puts AB down in the 15th-16th best paid WR to the trade partner.

Meanwhile Pitts will be eating $21M dead cap after the trade, without a top WR to put opposite JJSS and enable his gaudy stats.

We paid a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin.  We received a 2nd rounder and a 1 yr rental of a good cornerback for Watkins.

a 3rd would be a landslide?  C'mon man.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure your point here.  That's the cap hit to Philly if Brown stays on their roster.

A new team will be paying Brown $12.6M this year (plus possibly a $2.5M roster bonus), $11.3M next year, and $12.5M in 2021. 

That's very reasonable $$ for the trade partner to pay for a top WR who is under contract for 3 years - it puts AB down in the 15th-16th best paid WR to the trade partner.

Meanwhile Pitts will be eating $21M dead cap after the trade, without a top WR to put opposite JJSS and enable his gaudy stats.

We paid a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin.  We received a 2nd rounder and a 1 yr rental of a good cornerback for Watkins.

I'm sure Jon Gruden would love to part with a 1st rounder for AB.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think the Steelers deal for a 3rd.  Someone will offer them more.

Brown is only 30, right?  So he could stop dominating in his mid-30s and still have 2-4 years of exceptional play

He'll be 31 when the season starts. He may play for another 4-5 years, but the odds are against him being a premier receiver for more than another year or 2.

Someone who thinks they're a WR away from the SB probably would offer more, & I would not outbid them. I'd rather take a chance on a top prospect (like his brother AJ) who may be part of a dynasty than an old man who won't be around in a few years.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Per Tomlin, he was inactive because he didn’t show up for practice or communicate with the team or show up for an MRI to check out the “injury”

So he quit on his team when they needed a win.  Thanks for confirming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

he plays for the steelers not Philly, and he quit on his team.

the 2.5 roster bonus goes to the new team as well which is added to the base.

So yes 15.1 for 2019, 13.8 2020, and 15 for 2121. are the numbers.

And Watkins was making how much????   Kevin Suck Benjamin was making how much???    

Yeah a 3rd would be a landslide....   The guy is wrong side of 30 making huge money. Get real!

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 1