Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

29 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont think you ever have to rebuild when you have A QB and Oline like they do.  I would say they need to Retool.  A few adjustments on offense and D and they will be legit contenders again.

They say that every year with the D and haven’t been able to make it happen. They suck at drafting CBs and still haven’t overcome the loss of Shazier. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Brown is a headache so we won’t even consider it.

Brown is also the best WR in the NFL and probably the closest thing to Marvin Harrison you can get. I would give up 9 for him and think nothing of it. We won’t draft a player (anywhere) better then him. Maybe ever. I would absolutely give them anything within reason but again...never going to happen with Bean and Mcd in charge.

Is he still that guy though? Brown is undersized for the position and turns 31 next year. Also, football is a team sport. I like the fact McD targets guys who buy in to the team culture first. We might not always get the most talented player but it takes 53 to make the playoffs, and so if your more talented guy is taking things off the table for the other players it doesn't always work. The worst kind of player is the former star on a big contract who thinks he's still a big time player, and distracts the team with his selfish behaviour.  

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Is he still that guy though? Brown is undersized for the position and turns 31 next year. Also, football is a team sport. I like the fact McD targets guys who buy in to the team culture first. We might not always get the most talented player but it takes 53 to make the playoffs, and so if your more talented guy is taking things off the table for the other players it doesn't always work. The worst kind of player is the former star on a big contract who thinks he's still a big time player, and distracts the team with his selfish behaviour.  

Is he still that guy? Yes. There is nothing else to say

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I really liked Rudolph coming out of the draft.  I actually believe they already have Ben successor in him.

Ya. I’m not buying Rudolph. I live in Steeler country. It’s a land full of self righteous, spoiled fans that take having a HOF qb for granted. They’vd basically already fitted rudolph for his gold jacket because they don’t know how to register the concept of not having a top ten qb that can carry them to wins....

Rudolph May eventually take over, he won’t be a hall of famer and it will bring them clear on back pack to the pack, if not worse. 

Odds stack against teams hitting on qb after qb. 

On 1/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Just a reminder..........he was inactive for the game with a knee injury.

People act like he pulled a Vontae.  ?  

It was immature - and WR's, especially good ones can have a diva streak. He's hungry, wants the ball, probably feels he can still get it done (he can), and he is losing reps to Ben's new favorite. That, and probably a lot of other dysfunctional things going on in that org that we are not even aware of.

AB is not KB the skills are still there.

We all know that he is going to be grilled about this episode from every team that shows interest. He is probably better off just being honest about why he was fed up with Big Ben and the Steeler's org... it happens. I think he could be a solid contributor and I would not mind the Bills taking a flyer on him. Having someone like Josh who can lob it a mile downfield is likely an attractive option too for a player with his skills who will want to put in an "I told you so" kind of year.

If there is nothing more to it than the above, considering the weak WR class this year, I could see OBD talking with him. Jordan Phillips was not even near the difference maker that AB is and they were willing to bring him in when he and the Dolphin's org were having issues getting along... there is precedence. 

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ya. I’m not buying Rudolph. I live in Steeler country. It’s a land full of self righteous, spoiled fans that take having a HOF qb for granted. They’vd basically already fitted rudolph for his gold jacket because they don’t know how to register the concept of not having a top ten qb that can carry them to wins....

Rudolph May eventually take over, he won’t be a hall of famer and it will bring them clear on back pack to the pack, if not worse. 

Odds stack against teams hitting on qb after qb. 

While I respect your opinion on Rudolph I disagree. I watch all of his college film and he threw the prettyest deepball of the group.  He was also exstremely accurate and seemed to command the huddle well.  Maybe he wont be able to transition that to the NFL you never truely know 100%.

I had him as my 3rd rated QB on draft day with Mayfield 1 and Allen 2.  So far I think Im right on the money.  While a lot of people called the later 2 busts.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So you are saying havig a QB and Oline isnt that important.

Nothing to do with that. They have a great QB and OL (and WR, and RB....) and haven’t won the conference in 8 years.  I was simply commenting on the “few adjustments on offense and the D”... they say that every year with the D

Edited by YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nothing to do with that. They have a great QB and OL (and WR, and RB....) and haven’t won the conference in 8 years.  I was simply commenting on the “few adjustments on offense and the D”... they say that every year with the D

I guess youre saying they lack the scouts to find those defensive guys.  Thats a fair arguement.  I guess it backs up the old defense wins championships.

I think he would be bad for the locker room and team chemistry. Google Brown, Poyer and Rachel Bush; it's tawdry. If we're going to spend picks for an aging, albeit, excellent wr, I'd rather go after Julio Jones. Better to sign Golden Tate and draft a good one early though, imo.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeah I know it won’t happen so I’m not even going to consider it a reality. I would use the FA money to fix the line since the college game isn’t developing Olineman anymore. I would use the draft for all skill pos players. Fant in rd 1. Best WR/RB with the next 2 picks and just keep adding guys that can put points on the board.

I would not tie up a lot of money into him, work it around performance bonuses and such, but if the bidding got too high you move on. Worth a look under the hood.

I am not sold on Fant, just too many flags around him as a player, and inconsistent hands. If he is not a good effort guy, doesn't block, and does not have amazing hands, I don't care if he can run a fast forty or jump over my roof. And yes, I could be wrong... but I am not sold on him enough to think he warrants that high of a pick.

Other than that, I agree with most everything you said and think there are plenty of round 2-5 bargain skill position players. I don't think we can fill all the vacant O-line positions with FA's, so there is going to be a need to draft some talent to develop (I really like a few Wisconsin prospects). That being said, I am a firm believer that an O-line needs 1 or 2 veterans to really gel and play their best.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he would be bad for the locker room and team chemistry. Google Brown, Poyer and Rachel Bush; it's tawdry. If we're going to spend picks for an aging, albeit, excellent wr, I'd rather go after Julio Jones. Better to sign Golden Tate and draft a good one early though, imo.

Golden Tate is going to want one last payday, the team that signs him will regret the last few years of his deal. If he would come to Buffalo on a one year deal it would be worth the overpay. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I would not tie up a lot of money into him, work it around performance bonuses and such, but if the bidding got too high you move on. Worth a look under the hood.

I am not sold on Fant, just too many flags around him as a player, and inconsistent hands. If he is not a good effort guy, doesn't block, and does not have amazing hands, I don't care if he can run a fast forty or jump over my roof. And yes, I could be wrong... but I am not sold on him enough to think he warrants that high of a pick.

Other than that, I agree with most everything you said and think there are plenty of round 2-5 bargain skill position players. I don't think we can fill all the vacant O-line positions with FA's, so there is going to be a need to draft some talent to develop (I really like a few Wisconsin prospects). That being said, I am a firm believer that an O-line needs 1 or 2 veterans to really gel and play their best.

I think we should look at Mitch Morse or Matt Paradis at center. Ju'Wuan James would be a good signing at RT.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, CommonCents said:

Has the stuff that Breer reported yesterday been added to this thread? Brown was upset about the loss in NO. Then the team had its vote for team MVP and JuJu won. 

“So he shows up for work, he’s not voted MVP, he is in a bad way, and that carried

over into the walkthrough”

Thats from Breer’s reporting and it’s a direct quote from a Steelers source. 

He led AFC WRs in pro bowl voting. My guess is he plays in the pro bowl. Now if he came in 2nd or 3rd place...hmm. 

• Haha (+1) 1