Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude, what’s with this whole mick you are where you want to bet everyone on this nonsense.  He may not get traded, where did I day he for sure will?  You’re the only one talking in absolutes.  

And people said Raiders absolutely won’t trade Mack.  People said absolutely Steelers wouldn’t lose Bell.  People said Allen will absolutely be a bust.  People said we absolutely took the wrong Josh.  People told me I was nuts when I said Mayfield was best QB in draft all college football season and then they told me Mayfield absolutely wouldnt be drafted in the first round.  

Being absolute about things that haven’t happened yet is foolish.  And Steelers history suggests Iran possible they might trade him.  Doesn’t mean they will, but this “bet me” bravado over something this insignificant is a waste of energy.  Good for you that you can see the future, hopefully you put that skill to better use like the lottery than wasting it on ABs and the Steelers future.  

Maybe because I'm extremely confident....

and think your justication is completely worthless.

Let's recap, you think AB is possibly traded and I don't.  I'm suggesting a friendly wager, because I'm extremely confident, if you don't want to wager so be it...but I'm allowed to be confident and provided plenty of justification....

Not crap, that is completely unrelated like yourself.  Bell, Mack (not even the Steelers), or past situations with Steeler WRs are NOT reasons to justify your case....or any other situation where people didn't think it would happen then it did. 

How about you provide some direct justification of your opinion...dont let my confidence get in your way

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, cle23 said:

They cant pass the hit on to any other team. If he is traded or cut,  they have to eat it. No way around it unless, as was mentioned, AB gives back money, which won't happen.

Okay.  Thanks.  They basically screwed themselves.  You have to wonder at this point is Tomlin the right man for the job with all the dysfunction this season.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Debatable to say the least.   McCoy complained a lot about Kelly making him train hard and eat right.   He refused to do what his coaches asked and played freestyle football.  He was traded for cause and then he brought his uncoachability to Buffalo for a disappointing 2015 season.   After a thorough humiliation on multiple levels he came back a changed player/teammate in 2016.  

Certainly it's debatable since we can debate it.  It is a fact that McCoy did not have as productive a year in 2015, but he was also sharing carries with Karlos Williams and Mike Gillislee as well as Tyrod.  Now maybe you have some inside gouge, but I hadn't heard anything on "uncoachability".  In fact, ALynn was said to have put a weighted vest on McCoy at the start of the season and persuaded him to eat right and lose 10 pounds.  That doesn't sound like "uncoachability".

If you've got inside gouge to back that up, spill.  And as I said, I never heard of him outright skipping team meetings, walking out of practices, etc etc and still expecting to play.

I grant you that McCoy is a bit gangsta off the field.  There was that off-season off-duty LEO brawl.  As for AB being pretty clean off the field as you say below, why then is he being sued for throwing furniture off a 14 story balcony, narrowly missing killing a toddler then?  "innocent victim of circumstance" sha, sha.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

AB and some players have an issue with Big Ben being treated like a boss when he's gotten away with rape numerous times, nearly killed himself on a motorcycle and has backstabbed his teammates at times in the media.   It's been coming to a head.   Unlike McCoy or Ben.....AB is pretty clean off the field which is why you see him sipping' pepsi and eating pizza in commercials and they aren't.  

Let's break this down.  The motorcycle thing was 2006.  Big Ben was accused of rape twice: in 2010 and 2008.  In neither case were charges filed.  After the 2010 incident, he was suspended for 6 games.  I haven't heard a thing since.  He got married in 2011 and has 3 kids.  Yes, folks remember that, especially Bengals and Ravens fans, but do you really think a guy like Antonio Brown, a rookie when the whole Roethlisrapist thing went down, is still carrying salt over that?  And he's one of maybe what, 3 players on the Steelers who were around for that?

That's a tough sell here.  No, I don't think that's the issue.  8 years is ancient history in NFL time, let alone 12 years.

Now, that said I believe you're absolutely right that players have an issue with Big Ben, but it's not because of his past - it's because of his repeated backstabbing and blame-shifting and throwing under the bus of his teammates in the media and on his weekly radio show.  It's been published that he had to learn to be a good teammate and supposedly by 2015 he'd turned things around.  If that's so, by all accounts he's regressed completely.  He's gotten a big head to go with his big body and his big completion percentage, and he's forgotten it's a team game.  And if he's like that in public, one can only guess what he's like in practice and the locker room.

Sucks to be Tomlin.  "To whom much is given, much is expected"  He's got all the talent in the world on that team and he can't get them to get along. The Pittsburgh "Me" lers.

This thing is going off the rails I’m shutting it down.. Lol

in all seriousness why would some of you want to trade for a guy who demands targets and is going to throw a temper tantrum every time Allen looks for another teammate? I personally don’t think Pittsburgh can let him go unless they get an impact player plus elite draft picks to compensate the cap issues it will cause them. Those dead cap hits are no joke for a team like them with limited cap wiggle room. 

16 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Maybe because I'm extremely confident....

and think your justication is completely worthless.

Let's recap, you think AB is possibly traded and I don't.  I'm suggesting a friendly wager, because I'm extremely confident, if you don't want to wager so be it...but I'm allowed to be confident and provided plenty of justification....

Not crap, that is completely unrelated like yourself.  Bell, Mack (not even the Steelers), or past situations with Steeler WRs are NOT reasons to justify your case....or any other situation where people didn't think it would happen then it did. 

How about you provide some direct justification of your opinion...dont let my confidence get in your way

Geezus dude, you have some issues man.  

1. Who really cares in the first place
  2. I did NOT say he will get traded, just scoffed at the suggestion its impossible.
  3. I already provided justification
  4. Being absolute on anything that hasn't happened is both a waste of time and stupid and the road of absolute declarations is riddled with the tears of failed predictions

Good luck with all that "I will bet you" bravado over things no one cares about.  Hope that finds you some sense of happiness in the new year.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

for a guy that already got his money, has help around him, a QB throwing him dozens of targets per game, gatorade commercials, amazon commercials, madden covers, he sure seems a bit needy. Definitely feeling himself a bit too much.

In the NFL Top 100 players, as supposedly selected by the other players, he came in at #2 behind Brady last year. I'm not even sure he cracks the Top 10 this year. Still an awesome player but like you mention, what does it take to keep him happy????

Big Ben is the issue. He doesn't get along with anyone. I'd take AB and Bell in a heartbeat. But that's just me. If I were Bell I wouldn't want to play with guys that talk badly about me to the media, same goes with Big Ben he blames his WRs everytime he throws a pick.

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Certainly it's debatable since we can debate it.  It is a fact that McCoy did not have as productive a year in 2015, but he was also sharing carries with Karlos Williams and Mike Gillislee as well as Tyrod.  Now maybe you have some inside gouge, but I hadn't heard anything on "uncoachability".  In fact, ALynn was said to have put a weighted vest on McCoy at the start of the season and persuaded him to eat right and lose 10 pounds.  That doesn't sound like "uncoachability".

If you've got inside gouge to back that up, spill.  And as I said, I never heard of him outright skipping team meetings, walking out of practices, etc etc and still expecting to play.

I grant you that McCoy is a bit gangsta off the field.  There was that off-season off-duty LEO brawl.  As for AB being pretty clean off the field as you say below, why then is he being sued for throwing furniture off a 14 story balcony, narrowly missing killing a toddler then?  "innocent victim of circumstance" sha, sha.

Let's break this down.  The motorcycle thing was 2006.  Big Ben was accused of rape twice: in 2010 and 2008.  In neither case were charges filed.  After the 2010 incident, he was suspended for 6 games.  I haven't heard a thing since.  He got married in 2011 and has 3 kids.  Yes, folks remember that, especially Bengals and Ravens fans, but do you really think a guy like Antonio Brown, a rookie when the whole Roethlisrapist thing went down, is still carrying salt over that?  And he's one of maybe what, 3 players on the Steelers who were around for that?

That's a tough sell here.  No, I don't think that's the issue.  8 years is ancient history in NFL time, let alone 12 years.

Now, that said I believe you're absolutely right that players have an issue with Big Ben, but it's not because of his past - it's because of his repeated backstabbing and blame-shifting and throwing under the bus of his teammates in the media and on his weekly radio show.  It's been published that he had to learn to be a good teammate and supposedly by 2015 he'd turned things around.  If that's so, by all accounts he's regressed completely.  He's gotten a big head to go with his big body and his big completion percentage, and he's forgotten it's a team game.  And if he's like that in public, one can only guess what he's like in practice and the locker room.

Sucks to be Tomlin.  "To whom much is given, much is expected"  He's got all the talent in the world on that team and he can't get them to get along. The Pittsburgh "Me" lers.

1) People start forgetting your past when you start being a great teammate who holds himself accountable.   It's never happened with Big Ben.

2) Don't forget McCoy going Kareem Hunt on a woman on his party bus back in his Philly days.  His off field history is purdy bad.    Throwing a piece of furniture and almost hitting somebody wouldn't make McCoy's off-field highlight reel.

3) Sucks to be Tomlin?   Let me know when McDermott wins a couple SB's and has his team in contention for a decade.:doh:

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'd trade a 1st and Poyer to the Steelers if that's what it took. Antonio Brown is a top 10 player in the entire league and immediately fills our biggest need. You don't let someone like that go because he has bad blood with an above average safety. If Brown is available we should do whatever it takes to get him. I'd offer a 1st and a 4th and maybe a player.

To me it's more than the Poyer thing or what would we be willing to give for him. I wouldn't put JA in the position of having to feed him the ball for fear of AB whining and sulking. 

Edited by Dopey
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

To me it's more than the Poyer thing or what would we be willing to give for him. I wouldn't put JA in the position of having to feed him the ball for fear of AB whining and sulking. 

Outside of this season, I don't think Brown has really been a problem. I never heard about him whining at all until this season

On 12/31/2018 at 3:46 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

everybody wants to have all the credit. Big Ben acting like he doesn't need Bell or Brown. Just JuJu. Blaming his picks on his coaches and WRs. Having a standoff with Tomlin vs the Raiders game. Tomlin doesn't want to have to beg Ben to play that game. Ben wants Tomlin to grovel to get him back in the game.

Locker room is a mess. They imploded bigly and I'm not surprised if many want to get out of there. They probably could have had Bell back in all honesty. What kind of offensive line throws shade at their runningback because of money? No runningback in his right mind decides to play behind those guys.. an RB's nightmare.

No idea why Brown was out.. although I think he was genuinely hurt? But Big Ben is making everything a hot mess. Must be a super annoying offense to be in with all the drama this year. Dude goes to the media about not having his texts returned..

Oof I hate the Steelers! 

Don’t forget that Big Ben also raped someone. He should have been out of the league years ago

15 minutes ago, major said:

Don’t forget that Big Ben also raped someone. He should have been out of the league years ago

I'll just play it safe and assume he's a huge creep with no game there haha.

Not a fan though. Not for Big Ben. Not for Steelers fans.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

unlikely but would be huge. what kind of contract would it be? they have cap space but I wouldn't want to see them go all mario williams on him?

Gotta be honest, while we could sure use his talent I do not want players with his me-first attitude on this team. That can be so toxic. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus dude, you have some issues man.  

1. Who really cares in the first place
  2. I did NOT say he will get traded, just scoffed at the suggestion its impossible.
  3. I already provided justification
  4. Being absolute on anything that hasn't happened is both a waste of time and stupid and the road of absolute declarations is riddled with the tears of failed predictions

Good luck with all that "I will bet you" bravado over things no one cares about.  Hope that finds you some sense of happiness in the new year.

You can portray me however you like, bottom line is that you called my post out for being foolish...its not uncivil or even outrageous to say to a fellow dude, "well lets wager and see who is right?" Confidence, absolute, etc...pick whatever word you want, but maybe you havent interacted with guy friends like this...

Sorry that you have taken my responses so seriously and felt the need to judge my character or happiness with message board posts.  

Happy New Year to you also! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Outside of this season, I don't think Brown has really been a problem. I never heard about him whining at all until this season

And if he's not getting enough. He deserves the targets anyway. Dude's a playmaker who's probably right to complain he's not getting enough targets being a HOFer in his prime on pace to rival Jerry Rice's numbers

I'd break the bank for him in a minute. Don't think he's a horrible teammate. Surely has some primadonna reciever in him but who cares. Talent far exceeds the overblown media stories he's had in what.. 3 instances including this just now? It's more the Steelers than Bell or Brown in my opinion. Too consipicuous that their two best players want out so bad.

If it's between Brown and Poyer.. pretty crazy how much that affects things. I've gotta go with Poyer. He's my boy and I respect loyalty to your players from the Bills if the beef is substantiated. Pretty sure the rift would cause resentment for anyone close to Poyer in the lockerroom. And honestly I feel the same way since Poyer's been one of my favorite places last two years

10 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

You can portray me however you like, bottom line is that you called my post out for being foolish...its not uncivil or even outrageous to say to a fellow dude, "well lets wager and see who is right?" Confidence, absolute, etc...pick whatever word you want, but maybe you havent interacted with guy friends like this...

Sorry that you have taken my responses so seriously and felt the need to judge my character or happiness with message board posts.  

Happy New Year to you also! 

"You have issues" ? really scathing retort from an internet stranger on a Bills forum.

I don't see much problem with Brown. We blow these alleged "me-first" personalities way out proportion. If you have performed so well for so long as Brown has, something tells me winning football games and giving his best effort for his team is pretty high on his list. The personality issues of one player shouldn't ruin a lockerroom for any coach worth his salt of leading grown men to play football.

I think if he's demanding a trade it's a 50/50. To your point Steelers would be much worse off if they firesale Brown and lose Bell in the same season. They'd likely lose the last of their small window with Big Ben still playing.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On 12/31/2018 at 2:37 PM, purple haze said:

The truth is no one grown person can "make" another grown person do a damn thing.  One hopes an ability to analyze circumstances, goals and sel-reflection will lead to a person doing the right things, or accepting a course of action that won't cause disruption.  But Tomlin can't make players at AB's level do anything because money is involved; he can't just cut him. 

And lo-Key, Roethlisberger is an issue in Pittsburgh and has been.  He's a blame shifter.  Bad for business when adversity hits.  People don't forget being thrown under bus, especially if, as in Ben's case, he's played poorly in stretches and big moments.

Welcome to fantasy land!