Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

Brown is a headcase. From his offseason twitter rants, to his locker room tirades, and on field incidents I don't know what to say about him. He's a top 3 WR, but will you get All Pro Antonio or bipolar Antonio is the question. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sooo, here's a notion.  Roethlisberger publically threw Pittsburgh's new WR James Washington under the bus earlier this season for failing to jump and come down with a touchdown.  Washington has struggled a bit, getting just 38 targets from Ben and hauling in only 16 of them.

Maybe we could take that struggling guy Ben don't like out of their locker room.  I coveted that Washington in the draft.  I was watching film of Mason Rudolph and I kept being drawn to watch Washington.  He made Rudolph look good IMO.

Get'erdone, Beane.

Here is an interesting tweet I saw on Twitter that ties into this:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

If that happened to the Bills some posters would act as if "it's so Billsy", as if it happened only here.

So many incidents like that point to the leadership. So Big Ben and mostly, the coach. He seems to have lost control over there. Just a weeks ago, Ben criticized Brown and other teammates. As many commentators said, you don't do that publicly, and the very rare times you do, you ALSO point to yourself first.

Anyway, if this story is true, whatever the QB-players-coaches-media say, if you are a star receiver and just decide to pout and sit out the final game when the playoff hopes hang in the balance, there is zero excuse for that!

11 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

If that happened to the Bills some posters would act as if "it's so Billsy", as if it happened only here.

So many incidents like that point to the leadership. So Big Ben and mostly, the coach. He seems to have lost control over there. Just a weeks ago, Ben criticized Brown and other teammates. As many commentators said, you don't do that publicly, and the very rare times you do, you ALSO point to yourself first.

Anyway, if this story is true, whatever the QB-players-coaches-media say, if you are a star receiver and just decide to pout and sit out the final game when the playoff hopes hang in the balance, there is zero excuse for that!

Actually from what I've read....Antonio Brown appeared to feel that he could skip walkthroughs, practices, and meetings, and STILL PLAY because the playoff hopes hung in the balance.  " According to several sources, Brown showed up at Heinz Field expecting to play against the Bengals. That surprised several players, including one who called the situation “embarrassing” and “the worst I’ve seen.” "

To me, that's a leadership failure.  Apparently this isn't the first time AB has skipped "mandatory" meetings, and previously without consequences: "A week earlier, while his teammates were attending a daily mandatory morning meeting, Brown was in the building but skipped the meeting. He still played in the 28-24 loss in New Orleans." 

It kind of sounds as though the inmates are running the asylum so to speak, down in Pittsburgh

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually from what I've read....Antonio Brown appeared to feel that he could skip walkthroughs, practices, and meetings, and STILL PLAY because the playoff hopes hung in the balance.  " According to several sources, Brown showed up at Heinz Field expecting to play against the Bengals. That surprised several players, including one who called the situation “embarrassing” and “the worst I’ve seen.” "

To me, that's a leadership failure.  Apparently this isn't the first time AB has skipped "mandatory" meetings, and previously without consequences: "A week earlier, while his teammates were attending a daily mandatory morning meeting, Brown was in the building but skipped the meeting. He still played in the 28-24 loss in New Orleans." 

It kind of sounds as though the inmates are running the asylum so to speak, down in Pittsburgh

If true, it really IS a leadership issue! And while a diva, AB is still known as a perfectionist and a hard worker, so he must not respect the coaches very much.

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Where is Todd Haley now?

Bryant is on the suspended list I believe, is that ben’s fault

No, Bryant being suspended is not Ben's fault.  But, there are guys who show leadership and build relationships and bridges.  And there are guys who break and burn them.

Roethlisberger was said to have been a guy who initially struggled to be a good teammate, and who accepted learnings over time that helped him lead the team in a period of consistent success.  Last year despite a great W-L record, they fell short (and Roethlisberger was part of that with his two turnovers).  Now he's looking like he's lost the "clue" that to win, you have to lead and to lead, you have to build connections.

IIRC Emanuel Sanders dissed Ben on the way out and Santonio Holmes may have as well. I’m giving AB the benefit of the doubt. He would be an ideal receiver for Josh Allen btw. I’ve never seen anything from AB on the field that would make me question his character.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Brown is a headcase. From his offseason twitter rants, to his locker room tirades, and on field incidents I don't know what to say about him. He's a top 3 WR, but will you get All Pro Antonio or bipolar Antonio is the question. 

I also saw somewhere where he was tossing stuff off of his balcony in some fit of rage last year and it almost landed on a kid.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow. 

WTF is in the water there in that locker room?  Le'veon Bell now AB.

Talk about a team imploding.  In the end, they did what they could (they won) and they didn't get the help they needed from Tenn or Baltimore, but Crikey.

Both are very talented guys, without a doubt but both are also making themselves Poison Pills.

Let's not forget about Ben Roethlisberger spouting off to the media every time he's unhappy.  Their best three players are the worst (publicly) behaved and spoken; that's a lack of leadership, if I ever saw one.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I also saw somewhere where he was tossing stuff off of his balcony in some fit of rage last year and it almost landed on a kid.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antonio-brown-steelers-wide-receiver-accused-nearly-hitting-toddler-furniture-thrown-from-balcony-2018-10-09/

AB said someone else threw the furniture. I can't find a better article on the status of the lawsuit. Settled out of court perhaps?