Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

We all know he’s going to end up with the Jets or Patriots.

Good. Because the minute things go wrong (read: whenever he feels he’s not enough of the focal point of the offense) he will pull the same crap. That won’t be good for Darnold and whatever young QB the Pats*** eventually get to replace Brady. 

Great player, lousy teammate. 

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is why I said a while ago that I think Antonio Brown could possibly be available via trade this year.

Beane call them and get this done!   

It would take a number #1 pick and additional high picks this year and next to get a deal done for this high cost and volatile player. No thank you. I'm not dismissing his talent because he is one of the best receivers in the game. It's well known that McDermott preaches team first. Antonio is not singing from the same choir book. The best approach is to keep building the roster with your own draft picks and judicious selection of players from the free agent market who are not caught up in their own diva act.  

On the other hand I would be very interested in taking his cousin, Hollywood Brown, a speed receiver from Oklahoma with a second round pick if he was still on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Tomlin seems to have a hard time keeping his players in check. Something is really not right in that organization at all. It's sad really, they aren't a terrible team but accountability and discipline are sorely missing.

Tomlin runs a loose ship. Which is okay when you have some legitimate leaders in your lockerroom to carry the load. Let the players self enforce themselves. Troy Polamalu. 

When you got Big Ben running the ship unchecked you're going to have problems. Not a leader of men, and that's when Tomlin's gotta tighten it up.

I hate the Steelers anyway, so screw em. They'll be fine regardless they draft the best of any team out there. This isn't the first time they've imploded, they're a really talented group of players that shoot themselves in the foot every now and then.

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like Tomlin needs to import some process—things getting too comfortable for him? Losing control of the locker room might be a part of that result? The Rooneys do a lot right, but arguably leave the HC in place just a little bit too long, to a fault. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It would take a number #1 pick and additional high picks this year and next to get a deal done for this high cost and volatile player. No thank you. I'm not dismissing his talent because he is one of the best receivers in the game. It's well known that McDermott preaches team first. Antonio is not singing from the same choir book. The best approach is to keep building the roster with your own draft picks and judicious selection of players from the free agent market who are not caught up in their own diva act.  

On the other hand I would be very interested in taking his cousin, Hollywood Brown, a speed receiver from Oklahoma with a second round pick if he was still on the board. 

Agree he’s not worth that, but he won’t fetch that much IMO.  I think at most he will go for a just a first.  And I think he could be had for a 2nd and like a 4th or 5th. 

Hes 30, and now has a teammate image problem.  He’s not gonna fetch a bounty IMO.  I would be willing to trade our first for him.  He has at least 3 or 4 years of Elite play left and those are prime development years for Josh.

And yeah, Brown wouldn’t be a bad pick in the draft.  Didn’t know they were cousins.

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

AB banged Poyers wife while they were engaged. You don’t want that beef...

that ain't good beef. No sir.

Guess I'm team Poyer on this one boys.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Tomlin seems to have a hard time keeping his players in check. Something is really not right in that organization at all. It's sad really, they aren't a terrible team but accountability and discipline are sorely missing.

The truth is no one grown person can "make" another grown person do a damn thing.  One hopes an ability to analyze circumstances, goals and sel-reflection will lead to a person doing the right things, or accepting a course of action that won't cause disruption.  But Tomlin can't make players at AB's level do anything because money is involved; he can't just cut him. 

And lo-Key, Roethlisberger is an issue in Pittsburgh and has been.  He's a blame shifter.  Bad for business when adversity hits.  People don't forget being thrown under bus, especially if, as in Ben's case, he's played poorly in stretches and big moments.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agree he’s not worth that, but he won’t fetch that much IMO.  I think at most he will go for a just a first.  And I think he could be had for a 2nd and like a 4th or 5th. 

Hes 30, and now has a teammate image problem.  He’s not gonna fetch a bounty IMO.  I would be willing to trade our first for him.  He has at least 3 or 4 years of Elite play left and those are prime development years for Josh.

And yeah, Brown wouldn’t be a bad pick in the draft.  Didn’t know they were cousins.

The problem the Steelers face (as was outlined up thread) is that they've given Brown a contract where they really have to get something good to make up for the $21M of dead money they would instantaneously acrue in a trade.

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

AB banged Poyers wife while they were engaged. You don’t want that beef...

Yeahhhhhhhh I can't say you're wrong there.

29 minutes ago, purple haze said:

The truth is no one grown person can "make" another grown person do a damn thing.  One hopes an ability to analyze circumstances, goals and sel-reflection will lead to a person doing the right things, or accepting a course of action that won't cause disruption.  But Tomlin can't make players at AB's level do anything because money is involved; he can't just cut him. 

And lo-Key, Roethlisberger is an issue in Pittsburgh and has been.  He's a blame shifter.  Bad for business when adversity hits.  People don't forget being thrown under bus, especially if, as in Ben's case, he's played poorly in stretches and big moments.

Sooo, here's a notion.  Roethlisberger publically threw Pittsburgh's new WR James Washington under the bus earlier this season for failing to jump and come down with a touchdown.  Washington has struggled a bit, getting just 38 targets from Ben and hauling in only 16 of them.

Maybe we could take that struggling guy Ben don't like out of their locker room.  I coveted that Washington in the draft.  I was watching film of Mason Rudolph and I kept being drawn to watch Washington.  He made Rudolph look good IMO.

Get'erdone, Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sooo, here's a notion.  Roethlisberger publically threw Pittsburgh's new WR James Washington under the bus earlier this season for failing to jump and come down with a touchdown.  Washington has struggled a bit, getting just 38 targets from Ben and hauling in only 16 of them.

Maybe we could take that struggling guy Ben don't like out of their locker room.  I coveted that Washington in the draft.  I was watching film of Mason Rudolph and I kept being drawn to watch Washington.  He made Rudolph look good IMO.

Get'erdone, Beane.

I approve this message.  I loved Washington in last year's draft for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1