Dion Dawkins to RT?

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Drafted as a RT, but Cordy got hurt so they moved him in.   Did pretty well last year but struggled at times this year.  Low Grade LT, might be nice at RT

II think the new NFL has as many or more legitimate LDE pass rushers.   There's a slight edge to the LT needing to be better because of the blind side factor but that gap has closed significantly.  

• Like (+1) 1

I believed this needed to happen more and more, as the season wore on.

I like Jordan Mills, but Dion Dawkins would definitely serve as that more athletic, quick, RT that the O-line really needs.  Replace Dawkins' old LT spot, with an equally athletic and reliable player, the same at RG, and the O-line should be in store for great things next season.

What the twitter ‘gotcha’ doesn’t say is that both Beane & coach addressed this question in their year-end pressers. McD said he & Dion talked earlier, acknowledging it wasn’t a better year than his rookie year and significantly pointing out all the penalties he was called for. That HAS to change! Once an OL gets a rep for penalties, they have refs scrutinizing their every play. He’ll have to bring this change early next year to negate the scrutiny.

Nothing was said to media about RT or move inside.

yet...

34 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Drafted as a RT, but Cordy got hurt so they moved him in.   Did pretty well last year but struggled at times this year.  Low Grade LT, might be nice at RT

Correct. Never intended to be LT.

Could be a very good RT or excellent LG.

OT is a FA and draft priority. Hope they bring one in through each channel.

32 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I want him at LG, not RT. Problem is, where in the world can we find a decent LT? May just have to leave him there.

I was hoping this is what they meant. Kick him inside. Move Teller to RG. Sign Paradis and Williams at C and RT. 

That leaves LT as a position that needs to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

he really struggled at rt when they tried him there, how about lg. draft a lt and the left side of the line should be fine

I’d prefer him playing guard although it may lead to him being a problem due to tackles getting paid better.  We need at least 3 GOOD OL added.  Teller is the only guy I’d pencil in as a starting guard.  Dawkins could play guard or tackle and then we get 3 more.  Most likely 1-2 in the draft and 2 in free agency.  Really hope we concentrate on putting together a great run blocking OL.  We can’t have Josh Allen being our leading rusher every year. That likely won’t end well

• Like (+1) 1