Shaq Lawson 5th year option on the table

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, WMDman said:

id pick it up, hes been developing nicely

He was a stud yesterday...let's not forget about the many tipped balls he had this year..this was his best year as a Bill...I would much rather see him out there instead of the part time and beat up Trent Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He was a stud yesterday...let's not forget about the many tipped balls he had this year..this was his best year as a Bill...I would much rather see him out there instead of the part time and beat up Trent Murphy.

Miami somehow thought that trying to block him with a TE, T-Rex arms  O’Leary, was a good idea 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Miami somehow thought that trying to block him with a TE, T-Rex arms  O’Leary, was a good idea 

And the last time he was seen on tape prior to Miami trying to block him with an H-back was against a rookie making his first start at RT.

Disappointing final two months for Shaq after early hype again this season.

5 hours ago, eball said:

The guy improved all year, bought in, and showed his potential on Sunday.  Why wouldn't you keep him around?

And we know now from the thread, article, and what we’ve heard on this board that the kid had turned the corner and shown another level of dedication.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

He kinda sucks, I’m not excited because he “tried” harder in a contract year. He is still the last guy off on the snap and he talks more than he plays. This is a 3/15 5 guaranteed type of player, picking up the option would be bananas.

Shaq fits the definition of replacement level player, just good enough to keep and just bad enough to keep losing games.

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

He kinda sucks, I’m not excited because he “tried” harder in a contract year.

I wouldn't be excited about that, either, if it were true.

Except that it's not.

Lawson is under contract next year, and the Bills have the option of picking up his 5th year option for the season after that. (I don't know if they will exercise this option. But, let's agree on the facts first.)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Depending on the price I would actually NOT pick up his 5th year option

I would however try to sign him to a reasonable extension

if we don't pick it up and then try to low ball him, he'll say FU Buffalo and sign with Seattle where he will lead the league in sacks for the next 5 years.