Shaq Lawson 5th year option on the table

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah he needs to come back. He’s not the pass rushing monster we all hoped with the high draft status but he has carved out a very valuable niche in this defense 

you absolutely bring him back, he deserves to stay on this team with the plays he's made. Obviously he's not an elite DE but he does have an impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think he bought in to the process and worked hard to improve.  He batted down a lot of passes and set a strong edge.  But best of all he took on L. Fournette   and got the stadium and the team all riled up.  That was great.

I hope they keep him, and even consider an extension.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

he plays well tag him

Buffalo needs to avoid a reputation as a tagging team.

If you have a rep for tagging, that's a turn-off for free agents that visit. Buffalo is going to have a hard time attracting free agents as it is, last thing needed is a rep for tagging.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, boater said:

Buffalo needs to avoid a reputation as a tagging team.

If you have a rep for tagging, that's a turn-off for free agents that visit. Buffalo is going to have a hard time attracting free agents as it is, last thing needed is a rep for tagging.

What? I agree to disagree with you. Pretty much EVERY team uses it. Also, the 5th year option is "essentially" the same thing as a tag. The player is one more year obligated to the team without anything they can do about it. IF anything. He would make more with a tag vs the option.  I wouldnt undersell the "influence" or sure money.

• Like (+1) 1

I was reading elsewhere that as the 5th year option is only guaranteed for injury,  they can pick it up in the off season and then change their minds at the end of the season ... presumably if they are not happy with his play in 2019..

I was very much on the fence about him at the start of this year but he has stepped up this season ., 

I would like to see him get a second contract... seems like it’s been a few years that one of their rookies has done this..

• Like (+1) 1