Brandon Beane press conference 12/31

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, the skycap said:

14 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Nice to have a poster that's in the Bills War Room.? #formerlyLeroi. #formerlyincarceratedBob

Actually Beane hinted at it but you probably dont follow as closely or have as good of a memory as I do.  

Or formerly of Corning NY, now in South Carolina.  Probably forget more about football than youll ever know.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Wood didn't need an extension.  It was unnecessary.

Richie hasn't been heard of since the whole paycut freakout. 

Trent's contract is terrible and wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills get out of it this year.  You don't pay a person with his injury history 7-8 million a year especially when he gave you 4 messily sacks.

They took a chance on a guy that had 9 sacks before his injury last year.  We can get out of the contract without much harm.  Gotta take some chances, no GM hits on every single player they bring in.  He was hurt this year too, he had 4 sacks in a rotation while missing games.  What'd you expect for a 7 million dollar player. Players will be paid a lot more money now with the cap rising, 7 million isn't much for an edge rusher.  Just wait to see what the contracts look like this offseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

All he has done since being here is overpay and sign absolute crap.

This much is absolutely true.

It was a mess entirely of their own design.

People now act like tearing it down was the only option when NOBODY was talking about tearing it down after Rex was fired.

I like my chances with Anthony Lynn bringing back the best offense the Bills have had in 25 years and drafting Mahomes or Watson. 

As I've said in other threads.........sh*t is about to get real for McBeane.

It starts with this years playoffs.........if Mahomes or Watson or Lynn gets to the SB the road not taken will be center stage for all the country to see.

Then FA and the draft has to be nailed.    

Next year things like 0-4 vs Belichick and 0-2 vs Lynn become things.

No excuses.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This much is absolutely true.

It was a mess entirely of their own design.

People now act like tearing it down was the only option when NOBODY was talking about tearing it down after Rex was fired.

I like my chances with Anthony Lynn bringing back the best offense the Bills have had in 25 years and drafting Mahomes or Watson. 

As I've said in other threads.........sh*t is about to get real for McBeane.

It starts with this years playoffs.........if Mahomes or Watson or Lynn gets to the SB the road not taken will be center stage for all the country to see.

Then FA and the draft has to be nailed.    

Next year things like 0-4 vs Belichick and 0-2 vs Lynn become things.

No excuses.:thumbsup:

If they don't get to the SB will you finally leave us alone and go find some other message board? Your hot takes are overdone.

Did you all listen to Beane? 

1. I won't draft for need. What utter BS! He gave away multiple picks and players to draft a QB and MLB for need.  Not one media member jumped on this.  There is nothing wrong with drafting for need.  Moving up and giving away picks is the issue.  And it would be fine if he said, not draft for need except QB.  Just total BS and a media that is so lame to not call him out.

2. The salary cap situation is mostly on Beane. He created most of the dead money.  Dareus, Glenn, McCarron, TT, Coleman.  These are all on Beane.  Not one media member asked him about this.  Beane admitted he put a non-winning team on the field in year two of his regime.  That is insane in today's NFL.  

If he got it right with Josh Allen then it may be worth a lost season.  But so far I don't trust his talent judgement.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

He has a terrible track record so what does it matter?!

We would be better off with Pegula up there announcing the firing of Beane than listening to Beane right now.

Have you read your username recently?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Must be a troll, No one can be this big of a dope??

Probably a closet Dolphin fan who is still reliving the agony of Sunday's defeat.  The Dolphins could have traded up for a QB but stuck with Tannehill.  Now they'll have to get another QB or renegotiate his contract.  The Dolphins are the only AFC East team going into next year looking for a QB.  I'd love to see Tyrod on the Dolphins next year, playing like he did in Cleveland before Baker nailed him to the bench.  The Dolphins WRs will love going out in patterns & never having the QB throw them the ball because a CB is 5 yards away and the QB thinks it's too close.  

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Wood extension How exactly was this bad.....because Wood ended up getting hurt?  Come on.

Benjamin Trade  A former 1000 yard receiver that played with Cam Newton (who rememble Josh) once again...didnt work out but you CANNOT blame Beane for trying here.......the real mistake would have been giving KBo a extension which he did not do.

AJ McCarron Contract  We needed a veteran QB.....who should we have gotten?   Then Beane turned around and got us a pick back....WHO WOULD YOU HAVE BROUGHT IN

Corey Coleman Trade No team speed.....an inexpensive pick and a boom or bust type situation...THE PATRIOTS also took a stab at Corey

Making Richie take a paycut Beane made someone take a pay cut?   Really?   A ticking time bomb if you ask me.

Trent Murphy Signing  The first real debatable one.....injured...did not put up big numbers....paid too much to be a rotation guy

Star Signing  Another debatable one....would have liked to see better run defense with him in the lineup and a lot to pay a rotational linemen

Vontae Davis Signing Not you me or ANYONE could have predicted what was going to happen there....DESPITE all that.....they found a capable replacement guy in Levi Wallace

Boldin Signing  Once again....a shot in the dark that did not work out....they Beane also found McKenzie and the Alabama WR.....does he not get credit for that?

I'm sure there is more too.   Lets be sure to leave out the gems he found because of course that hurts your arguement

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Couldn't imagine someone being this bad in less than two years, but these are just the facts

Do not let this guy be in charge of spending the money.

Beane sits there and acts like the whole issue was inherited.  All he has done since being here is overpay and sign absolute crap.

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Beane should never care about anyone else but the Bills organization. He should lie to everyone and keep his intentions in house.

Wood... you cant add that sorry no one saw his career ending like that. 

Richie was going to go crazy no matter what so making him take less money was actually good in the end.

Trent has been fine

You are horrible at this, no wonder you troll around and barely ever respond.

He has cleared up more cap space for this year then any GM could. He has set himself up nicely actually.

The work that Beane has done to clear out that cap hell (I dont care if ppl think it was self created...the team wasnt going to go anywhere with the players that it was spent on)

The nightmare is over....90 million to spend this offseason (before we start releasing guys like Clay) and 10 draft picks.....QB room solidified....future is bright

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. I won't draft for need. What utter BS! He gave away multiple picks and players to draft a QB and MLB for need.  Not one media member jumped on this.  There is nothing wrong with drafting for need.  Moving up and giving away picks is the issue.  And it would be fine if he said, not draft for need except QB.  Just total BS and a media that is so lame to not call him out.

2. The salary cap situation is mostly on Beane. He created most of the dead money.  Dareus, Glenn, McCarron, TT, Coleman.  These are all on Beane.  Not one media member asked him about this.  Beane admitted he put a non-winning team on the field in year two of his regime.  That is insane in today's NFL.  

If he got it right with Josh Allen then it may be worth a lost season.  But so far I don't trust his talent judgement.  

Welcome to the board and nice first post.  

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Did you listen to Beane when he came here.  He said the #1 priority was to get a franchise QB.  So of course he gave away multiple picks to draft a QB, just like 10 GMs did of the last 11 QBs taken in the 1st round of recent NFL drafts.  

He didn't sign Dareus, Glenn or Taylor to their ridiculous contracts.  McCarron was a mistake, but at least he got a draft choice when they figured out he was a bum.  Coleman was a risk to try to upgrade the worst WR corps in the league.  

Why should we care that you don't trust Beane's talent judgement, his track record in his 1st rookie class indicates he's pretty good at talent evaluation.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The work that Beane has done to clear out that cap hell (I dont care if ppl think it was self created...the team wasnt going to go anywhere with the players that it was spent on)

The nightmare is over....90 million to spend this offseason (before we start releasing guys like Clay) and 10 draft picks.....QB room solidified....future is bright

I'm glad you finally figured out that the players Whaley and earlier regimes acquired weren't "going to go anywhere."  

You assume they're going to nail the entire off-season and rebuild the offense with all those cap dollars and 10 draft picks (3 of which are in rounds 1-3).  

All this from a HC/GM who entered the 2018 season with Nathan Peterman and Josh Allen at QB. The same duo who didn't think it necessary to have a veteran on hand.  The same pair who acknowledged this mistake by signing Barkley and Anderson before the 2018 calendar flipped to 2019.  

The same pair who've invested so many resources into a defense without doing much of anything on offense.  And, what they have done on offense (Jones, Dawkins) who have underwhelmed.  (Cue the Robert Foster reference)

The same HC/GM combination that admitted late this season they needed more speed at WR.  Or, traded picks to acquire Kelvin Benjamin who flamed out before he could complete a full season.  And all this knowing their QB was someone with a big arm that excels throwing the intermediate and deeper routes.   

In short, the planning on the more critical side of the ball has been nothing short of a cluster.  And now you're expecting they'll go from 6 wins to 10 or more given all this?  

It's a bridge too far to take a step back from year 1 to 2 and then expect a huge leap forward in year 3.  With 90M in cap dollars or not. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

I'm glad you finally figured out that the players Whaley and earlier regimes acquired weren't "going to go anywhere."  

You assume they're going to nail the entire off-season and rebuild the offense with all those cap dollars and 10 draft picks (3 of which are in rounds 1-3).  

All this from a HC/GM who entered the 2018 season with Nathan Peterman and Josh Allen at QB. The same duo who didn't think it necessary to have a veteran on hand.  The same pair who acknowledged this mistake by signing Barkley and Anderson before the 2018 calendar flipped to 2019.  

The same pair who've invested so many resources into a defense without doing much of anything on offense.  And, what they have done on offense (Jones, Dawkins) who have underwhelmed.  (Cue the Robert Foster reference)

The same HC/GM combination that admitted late this season they needed more speed at WR.  Or, traded picks to acquire Kelvin Benjamin who flamed out before he could complete a full season.  And all this knowing their QB was someone with a big arm that excels throwing the intermediate and deeper routes.   

In short, the planning on the more critical side of the ball has been nothing short of a cluster.  And now you're expecting they'll go from 6 wins to 10 or more given all this?  

It's a bridge too far to take a step back from year 1 to 2 and then expect a huge leap forward in year 3.  With 90M in cap dollars or not. 

I dissagree.....I think it is ENTIRELY possible to take a huge leap forward in the 3rd year of the rebiuld.

I just dont think its super bowl leap forward......wild card would be good enough for me next year.

- Defense continues to improve

- They have the resources to fix SOME of the issues....they wont fix all of them...but if they can fix their OL and WR positions this team looks much different

Much depends of course on the big take aways from this season......Josh Allen of course but player were also found in other positions from unexpected places.....

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Richie hasn't been heard of since the whole paycut freakout. 

Oh, Richie has most definitely been heard from since the whole paycut freakout.

There's this: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-docs-richie-incognito-seemed-to-think-he-worked-for-nsa-attacked-man-at-gym/.

And then there's this: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

You're just being obtuse for fun, yeah? 

• Thank you (+1) 1