7 out of 10 losses against Playoff bound opponents.

ImpactCorey

5 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

And other than Houston, all blowouts losses, including Green Bay.  Congratulations!

Edited by mannc

5 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

I like our slate of games in '19 much more than I did this years. Judging very,very early..I think we can go 6-2 or 7--1 at home next year.We have $$$$ and I full set of high round picks..it's such a nice feeling to be in our situation. We all saw how much the Browns improved this year.

2 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

We were also a team most predicted would win 1 or 2 games, 3 at most while setting the record for fewest points in the superbowl era. 

This!   At the beginning of the season all the pundits at ESPN and NFL.com predicted that we will have the worst record in 2018.  I am glad we showed them that we are better than 9 other teams! 

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Had a real shot in the Houston game. Outside of that I don't think they win any of those football games with Josh. Just better teams in terms of overall talent and better QBs at this point in Josh's career. 

We only got back into that game with Peterman...who then threw it away.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey it’s another sliver of silver lining I suppose! Better than having lost only to sub 500 squads. Next year however, we need to be one of those playoff bound teams, not talking about how we lost to only them. I have every confidence now that we are headed to at least a divisional round W next year. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No it woyld be foolish to rebuild a team when youre winning and foolish to think so.

I'm not saying they should, but it's the Bills. There is about a 50/50 chance they fail. I don't put a lot of stock in the staff right now, so it really boils down to the draft.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not saying they should, but it's the Bills. There is about a 50/50 chance they fail. I don't put a lot of stock in the staff right now, so it really boils down to the draft.

I watched this team improve all year.  I cant remember the last time I have seen that out of a Bills team.  That is a result of this coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I watched this team improve all year.  I cant remember the last time I have seen that out of a Bills team.  That is a result of this coaching staff.

Did you really see improvement? I saw a bad team finish the year on a very weak schedule. The game management, penalties, and missed plays we're just as bad. We clearly have different views. Improvement for me will be beating good teams consistently. Not just the Vikings in their weird blowout funk early this year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Did you really see improvement? I saw a bad team finish the year on a very weak schedule. The game management, penalties, and missed plays we're just as bad. We clearly have different views. Improvement for me will be beating good teams consistently. Not just the Vikings in their weird blowout funk early this year.

Yup You have to watch how they playnot what the final score is.

18 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Last year they improved thru the year as well.  That's why they won 9 games and got into the playoffs.  This year was clearly a step back.  Some of the decisions were just terrible.  But they get another year to show some real progress which I think they will. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Last year they improved thru the year as well.  That's why they won 9 games and got into the playoffs.  This year was clearly a step back.  Some of the decisions were just terrible.  But they get another year to show some real progress which I think they will. 

True Incognito and Wood took serious steps back.