7 out of 10 losses against Playoff bound opponents.

ImpactCorey

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

6-10 felt at times impossible and then like a total ripoff this season.

but it all averaged out justly, as it usually does in life

After the first two games, 6-10 doesn't seem to bad.  But don't forget there was 3 close losses that the Bills could have very well won.   

So next year 9-11 wins should be a real possibility.  

On 12/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'd have to check the math but I'm pretty sure every losing team can say most of their losses were to winning teams.

Well, there were 17 teams with losing records and 15 teams with winning records and 12 playoff teams so it may not be true that 70% of every losing teams losses came again playoff bound teams as the OP pointed out. I'm too lazy to do the math though.  ?

23 minutes ago, dakrider said:

After the first two games, 6-10 doesn't seem to bad.  But don't forget there was 3 close losses that the Bills could have very well won.   

So next year 9-11 wins should be a real possibility.  

asking a lot if Brady returns and the Bills start 0-2 off the bat.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

The Bills kept two teams (Minnesota and Tennessee) out of the playoffs as well!

the Vikings continued to bitterly disappoint their fans's high expectations, as usual

On 12/31/2018 at 2:46 PM, ImpactCorey said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

Well . . . let's say we beat  the Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Texans and the Patriots* once. The Ravens and Colts would be out of the playoffs. We would be 11-5, division champs with a 1st round bye. Then the comment would be how do we deserve a 1st round bye when only 3 of our 11 wins came against playoff teams - which is exactly what we could say about the Patriots* this year. Division champs with a bye and they only beat 3 playoff teams.

The good teams win their games and the bad teams don't.

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Well . . . let's say we beat  the Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Texans and the Patriots* once. The Ravens and Colts would be out of the playoffs. We would be 11-5, division champs with a 1st round bye. Then the comment would be how do we deserve a 1st round bye when only 3 of our 11 wins came against playoff teams - which is exactly what we could say about the Patriots* this year. Division champs with a bye and they only beat 3 playoff teams.

The good teams win their games and the bad teams don't.

i did a spit take at how deftly you reversed 5 losses...

could we have reversed any of the Bills wins just as easily in conversation

it all evens out, YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE... 

basically 6-10 for the last 20 seasons with no end in sight... 

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i did a spit take at how deftly you reversed 5 losses...

could we have reversed any of the Bills wins just as easily in conversation

it all evens out, YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE... 

basically 6-10 for the last 20 seasons with no end in sight... 

Well I didn't reverse them to illustrate how easily we could have won them. I did it to point out that winning more games tends to make your schedule look easier, while losing them makes it look harder. And to agree with your point - you are what your record says you are. And our record says we generally stink every year. Not because our schedule is hard, but because we don't win our games. And the opposite is true for the good teams. They don't win their games because they're easier, they win them because they're good teams. All the easy schedule/hard schedule stuff appears after the fact.

25 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Well I didn't reverse them to illustrate how easily we could have won them. I did it to point out that winning more games tends to make your schedule look easier, while losing them makes it look harder. And to agree with your point - you are what your record says you are. And our record says we generally stink every year. Not because our schedule is hard, but because we don't win our games. And the opposite is true for the good teams. They don't win their games because they're easier, they win them because they're good teams. All the easy schedule/hard schedule stuff appears after the fact.

yup!

but sometimes getting a cushy division to play against helps out, the Steelers division in 2014 massacred the Panthers division going 12-3-1 and grabbing 3 playoff spots off it.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1