7 out of 10 losses against Playoff bound opponents.

ImpactCorey

24 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I watched this team improve all year.  I cant remember the last time I have seen that out of a Bills team.  That is a result of this coaching staff.

Then they should have no problem making the playoffs next season. That's good news!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

True Incognito and Wood took serious steps back.

So the fact that the Bills finished 30th in Red Zone Defense, or Dawkins falling off, or White's issues, and the continuance of penalties isn't a problem for you? How about special teams continuing to implode? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's huge. When you get better and play the playoff teams competitively and still beat the teams your supposed to beat, you have a chance at going 10-6. 

Most frustrating thing was losing to teams like the Raiders in 2014 in a critical game in the playoff hunt. Playoff teams can't be doing that. See: Steelers.

Fun fact. We definitely knocked the Vikings out. They'd be in if they had won. Have to be the worst team they lost to. Boy did they lay an egg.

I would say we knocked the Titans out as well. Their season came down to the last game they played vs Indy. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

So the fact that the Bills finished 30th in Red Zone Defense, or Dawkins falling off, or White's issues, and the continuance of penalties isn't a problem for you? How about special teams continuing to implode? 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Definitely places they need to do better. But we really werent 6-10 because of our defense now were we.

Probably a big difference between playing next to Richie and TireFire gaurd/Rookie Teller.

Crossman does need to go.

If you want to cherry pick without thinking about all the circumstances which I think you are very aware of then carry on.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely places they need to do better. But we really werent 6-10 because of our defense now were we.

Probably a big difference between playing next to Richie and TireFire gaurd/Rookie Teller.

Crossman does need to go.

If you want to cherry pick without thinking about all the circumstances which I think you are very aware of then carry on.

At least 4 losses were defensive collapses. So not great. Those are just the blowouts. Dawkins loses a lot of 1v1 battles with terrible footwork. That isn't because the guard is bad. What about White falling off once teams finally started to go at him? Or the penalties and the disappearance of the pass rush? There are so many holes and problems on this team. McD still has trouble calling time outs. That doesn't bode well for a rebuild.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/31/2018 at 3:41 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Same amount of wins as the impeccable franchise QB Aaron Rogers and his Green Bay Packers. Pretty sure Green Bay didn't have 10 games against playoff bound teams.

Look at franchise QB Matt Ryan and superstar Julio Jones with their big 7-9 record.

TBD darling Josh Rosen, with future HOF Larry Fitzgerald and D Johnson went a whopping 3-13.

Buffalo tore it down to the studs,  is in the same conversation or better with these teams mid rebuild, with a more difficult schedule and far less talent.

The insane expectations and lack of discourse with anything approaching reality by some members of the board is disconcerting.

I believe many on this board did not feel a playoff team in year two of a new HC/GM warrants a tear down. The defense played well enough to win. The o-line did not. I won't fault Beane for the KB trade. I liked it in 2017 and thought he was going to be good this year. But the o-line disaster is all on Beane. He admitted he didn't put a competitive team on the field.  

I agree the playoffs with a rookie QB were unlikely. But in year 2 the team should not be out of the playoffs before Halloween

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Nope but Looks like the next couple years we will be finishing up the process of building the team and moving onto the process of maintaning it.

LOL.  McDermott and Beane have spent their first two years "tearing down" without adding much top young NFL caliber talent except for a promising young QB and a MLB and  a young DB and LT who did not progress all that well in their sophomore seasons, so what is there to "finish up"?  It's more like these clowns need to START building an NFL caliber team because except for Allen, Edmunds, White, and Dawkins, most of the young players are fringe or even non-NFL starting caliber players while almost all of the players with genuine NFL talent are older or even at the end of their careers.

The Bills need to rebuild their entire offense except for QB.  They need to get younger and better on defense.  Nothing McDermott and/or Beane have done so far would indicate that they are capable of doing one or the other, much less both,  in a single off season -- or five more.  

18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yup You have to watch how they playnot what the final score is.

Ah, yes, the "moral victory" excuse for crappy coaching!  Except that the Bills didn't play that well all season long.  Seven of their losses were blow outs.  Penalties and poor red zone defense were problems all year long.  They lost a close game to Houston with DeShaun Watson hampered by a partially collapsed lung.  They beat Tennessee when Mariota was limited by his recurring elbow injury.  They thumped the Jests with McKown playing for Darnold, and got spanked by the Jests when Darnold played.  The Bills did beat the Carp twice -- once without Tannehill and in the season ender when Miami was clearly in "run for the play" mode even before the game started.  They were uncompetitive against Green Bay, Indy, and New England twice. 

Your Bills-colored glasses need a good cleaning.

10 minutes ago, SoTier said:

LOL.  McDermott and Beane have spent their first two years "tearing down" without adding much top young NFL caliber talent except for a promising young QB and a MLB and  a young DB and LT who did not progress all that well in their sophomore seasons, so what is there to "finish up"?  It's more like these clowns need to START building an NFL caliber team because except for Allen, Edmunds, White, and Dawkins, most of the young players are fringe or even non-NFL starting caliber players while almost all of the players with genuine NFL talent are older or even at the end of their careers.

The Bills need to rebuild their entire offense except for QB.  They need to get younger and better on defense.  Nothing McDermott and/or Beane have done so far would indicate that they are capable of doing one or the other, much less both,  in a single off season -- or five more.  

Ah, yes, the "moral victory" excuse for crappy coaching!  Except that the Bills didn't play that well all season long.  Seven of their losses were blow outs.  Penalties and poor red zone defense were problems all year long.  They lost a close game to Houston with DeShaun Watson hampered by a partially collapsed lung.  They beat Tennessee when Mariota was limited by his recurring elbow injury.  They thumped the Jests with McKown playing for Darnold, and got spanked by the Jests when Darnold played.  The Bills did beat the Carp twice -- once without Tannehill and in the season ender when Miami was clearly in "run for the play" mode even before the game started.  They were uncompetitive against Green Bay, Indy, and New England twice. 

Your Bills-colored glasses need a good cleaning.

Beane really hasnt been here for 2 year so you lose cedibility there.  

QB is the big one. Dont know what happened the last few games of the season but White was lockdown for almost the entire season.

Wallace and Foster look legit and Zay seems to be developing.  Not all players have an instant impact.  Harrison and Teller I believe will develope into good starters.  You also failed to mention Pryor and Hyde.  McKenzie looks like a solid contributor.

As for moral Victories bud,  judging by your statements the only thing you look at is the score.  Probably in the paper the morning after.

McDermott has been a part of 2 solid drafts and Beane a part of one.

I guess youre just another poster who leaves out the things that would hurt your arguement.  

You fail to bring up the fact that they got us out of Cap hell which made this season rough.  You fail to mention that they had to deal with two unexpected Oline loses and not just also rand guys either, 2ProBowl talents.  The truth is all this stuff has been discuss to the point that its exhausting.  

My recommendation is for you to just give up football. Its only going to make you miserable because you play the odds with your opinion as to not risk being wrong and that will make you miserable.

You will likely claim that you knew it all along when we have drastic improvement next season.

I think Im gonna have to put down the keyboard for a while because while the Bills dont make me miserable the blind and people who leave out facts to strengthen their nerative do.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:46 PM, ImpactCorey said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

I would consider the colts a losing team for when you faced them. They had given up on average 40 points the last three games before yours.. you scored 5 points. (The Colts were riddled with injuries still is why they were so bad)

the Ravens started out 3-4 and you loss to well now their over priced backup, but that D was legit good still..

but be honest who you lose to means little, this year for the Bills was all about learning for your rookie QB.  Now they need put some talent around him, sadly per the experts, there is not many good WR talent coming out. (A very heavy D talent class )

my Pats time is almost up, I rather the Bills take the mantel than the Dolphins or ugh the Jets.. so I hope you guys draft well.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:25 PM, ganesh said:

This!   At the beginning of the season all the pundits at ESPN and NFL.com predicted that we will have the worst record in 2018.  I am glad we showed them that we are better than 9 other teams! 

funny thing is the Bills always show to be better than 9 - 12 other teams and yet they always put Bills as bottom 4 - 5 team every year

21 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

When you really go back and think about how hard the beginning of our schedule was it’s crazy

@ Bal

Chargers

@ Min

@ Gb

ten

@ Hou

Then @ind

ne

chi

ridiculous 

It's hard to win in the NFL. 

On 1/1/2019 at 2:52 AM, RocCityRoller said:

So a young team, with a rookie QB, and almost no cap space played 10 playoff teams this year, and managed to go 6-10.

6-10 seems pretty good given that situation.

Umm they “only” played 7 playoff teams, not 10. But that minor correction does not detract from your basic point which I concur with.