7 out of 10 losses against Playoff bound opponents.

ImpactCorey

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ImpactCorey said:

I'm not trying to make a point here, just something I noticed that I thought was interesting.  7 of the 10 Bills losses were against teams now going to the playoffs:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

2 of the other 3 losses were against teams the Bills also defeated: Miami and NY Jets.

That leaves the Green Bay Packers as the only non-playoff bound team that the Bills didn't beat.

The Bills have not fielded a playoff talented team since 1999, not even 2017!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

I thought about this myself too this morning. Another point to consider is that of these teams; Baltimore, Indy, Chicago, and NE (at home) were games with NP/DA at QB. Not saying that Josh would have beaten these teams, but it's something to factor in when evaluating the season as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, vorpma said:

The Bills have not fielded a playoff talented team since 1999, not even 2017!

it was nice to get the streak over with, hearing the names of the Jets and Browns (??) as the longest streak currently was nice on Sunday

but there was no joy in making them and then playing like that on the national stage

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I take that to mean we beat the teams we’re supposed to beat.  We aren’t on their level, but will get there.

That's huge. When you get better and play the playoff teams competitively and still beat the teams your supposed to beat, you have a chance at going 10-6. 

Most frustrating thing was losing to teams like the Raiders in 2014 in a critical game in the playoff hunt. Playoff teams can't be doing that. See: Steelers.

Fun fact. We definitely knocked the Vikings out. They'd be in if they had won. Have to be the worst team they lost to. Boy did they lay an egg.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 hour ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

and 4 of those games, the Bills did not show up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

So a young team, with a rookie QB, and almost no cap space played 10 playoff teams this year, and managed to go 6-10.

6-10 seems pretty good given that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

So a young team, with a rookie QB, and almost no cap space played 10 playoff teams this year, and managed to go 6-10.

6-10 seems pretty good given that situation.

Coming for the parade?

a banner on the stadium that you see half a mile away as you approach?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Coming for the parade?

a banner on the stadium that you see half a mile away as you approach?

Same amount of wins as the impeccable franchise QB Aaron Rogers and his Green Bay Packers. Pretty sure Green Bay didn't have 10 games against playoff bound teams.

Look at franchise QB Matt Ryan and superstar Julio Jones with their big 7-9 record.

TBD darling Josh Rosen, with future HOF Larry Fitzgerald and D Johnson went a whopping 3-13.

Buffalo tore it down to the studs,  is in the same conversation or better with these teams mid rebuild, with a more difficult schedule and far less talent.

The insane expectations and lack of discourse with anything approaching reality by some members of the board is disconcerting.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

that was last season Bills are 0-0 now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

6 of the 7 were blowouts.

It's not like they "showed resolve" against good teams........they got rag dolled.

Bottom line........the Bills sucked this year.

Try to glean hope however you like..........means nothing going into next year..........no such thing as momentum either way..........ask the Niners who won 5 straight at the end of 2017 and are now again near the top of the draft board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

6 of the 7 were blowouts.

It's not like they "showed resolve" against good teams........they got rag dolled.

Bottom line........the Bills sucked this year.

Try to glean hope however you like..........means nothing going into next year..........no such thing as momentum either way..........ask the Niners who won 5 straight at the end of 2017 and are now again near the top of the draft board.

Come on now, you know what was different. They won with a QB, and they lost without the QB. You should at least mention that rather important fact. 

Having said that, last year means nothing going into next year! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

it was nice to get the streak over with, hearing the names of the Jets and Browns (??) as the longest streak currently was nice on Sunday

but there was no joy in making them and then playing like that on the national stage

Could have been worse. We weren’t blown out. 

5 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

Baltimore

LA Chargers

Houston

Indianapolis

New England x2

Chicago

The schedule was pretty tough over the first few weeks but then again take a look at the starting QB’s:

Baltimore (Peterman)

LA (Allen - debut)

Houston (Allen 1st half/Peterman 2nd half)

Indy (Anderson)

NE (Anderson)

Chicago (Peterman)

NE (Allen)

While the schedule was harder, it alsonhirt not having the best player on offense (Allen) available in most of these games