Tennessee 2019

boyst

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m flying in from Victoria, BC and with options at a minimum, I gave in and bought into the Nashville Bills Backers tailgate. There are a few of you that I have talked with over the years (I was formerly VanCity and joined in 2005) and it would be great to meet up there. I’m 6’5” and will be wearing a Kelly jersey and a black Bills hat and my wife is a 5’1 redhead who will be wearing a Kyle jersey or a standing buffalo shirt. Feel free to tap me on the shoulder. 

I live in Vancouver (Burnaby) and I'll be there too with my wife. We are flying out of Seattle though. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We are flying via Seattle and Chicago on Friday 

Seattle - Minneapolis & Minneapolis - Nashville. We leave Seattle at 12h40AM and arrive in Nashville at 9ish AM on Friday. Super early return flight Monday morning at 6ish but it's a direct flight to Seattle. My wife doesn't like football so she will tailgate with me but then she goes to the city while I will attend the game alone. 

I relocated from Montreal to Vancouver back in 2010 but I still own my 4 season tickets in Buffalo. My son and my friends are going to the home games. Too complicated/long for me to go to New Era Field. I go there only once every 3 years.

I also own 2 season tickets in Seattle. I sell all the games and the profit gives me some cash so I can travel and watch the Bills play on the road. :)

• Like (+1) 2

Before I opted for the Bills Backers party, I was going to setup in this lot called the Main Event lot. I had talked to the owner by phone and they are pretty lenient with their tailgating rules. A lot more so than the regular parking pass lots. They have a website.

http://maineventparking.com/

5 hours ago, JonBrooks said:

Outside of the Bills Backers party; does anyone know if there is a certain lot to target if we want to set up our own tailgate?  Are there better lots than others for Bills fans??  Thanks and Go Bills!

9 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Before I opted for the Bills Backers party, I was going to setup in this lot called the Main Event lot. I had talked to the owner by phone and they are pretty lenient with their tailgating rules. A lot more so than the regular parking pass lots. They have a website.

http://maineventparking.com/

Thanks for this.  I'll look into it!  What are the main concerns on the main parking lot?  I looked up on their website and all it says is that you can have a grill directly behind your car.  Are there other rules out there I'm not aware of?  I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't seen any details.  Thanks again!! 

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

...Nashville will be great, but there is a core belief in me that will be shocked when I take in the experience down there.

No no, you have it all wrong.........NASHVILLE will be the one who is shocked once they experience YOU down there. 

(see you soon)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JonBrooks said:

Thanks for this.  I'll look into it!  What are the main concerns on the main parking lot?  I looked up on their website and all it says is that you can have a grill directly behind your car.  Are there other rules out there I'm not aware of?  I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't seen any details.  Thanks again!! 

From what I read, you can’t use generators and you can’t even throw a football. Basically have to limit your space to behind your car, and some lots you can’t setup a canopy.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

No no, you have it all wrong.........NASHVILLE will be the one who is shocked once they experience YOU down there. 

(see you soon)

NewsFlash:  

Asian carp have been down there for many, many years... I won't be a blip on their radar.  Name was changed a decade ago to: Kentucky Bluefin.  Of course Tennessee is just south of Kentucky.

From 2012:

http://eattheinvaders.org/asian-carp/

"It’s true that a seriously bony fish is going to have a low meat yield of only 20% to 25%. But the Asian carp is a filter feeder, so it doesn’t have the muddy taste associated with the bottom-feeding common carp. Since the Asian carp feeds at plankton-level on the food chain, it’s low in contaminants like mercury and PCBs. And it’s low in fat, and some say it tastes just like cod..."

"There used to be a time when America used to use Blue Fin Tuna has fertilizer and animal feed because they lacked the pristine white colors needed to be sold as canned tuna. Only after Japanese airliners tested out a new container good enough to hold frozen fish did Blue Fin Tuna become a valued fish for American fisherman. There’s a moral to this history. Asian Carp might be a pest and useless fish in America, but always look to sushi. There’s always a market for new fish species in the raw fish sector!"

Anyone else traveling with minors? My 13 year old son is coming with me so my options are limited on what we can do on Saturday night. Was going to do the hockey game but they are too proud of their hockey ticket prices.

I’m thinking about going to TopGolf or something. My wife suggested maybe doing an escape room. Not sure yet.

Just now, CajunBillsBacker said:

Anyone else traveling with minors? My 13 year old son is coming with me so my options are limited on what we can do on Saturday night. Was going to do the hockey game but they are too proud of their hockey ticket prices.

I’m thinking about going to TopGolf or something. My wife suggested maybe doing an escape room. Not sure yet.

Yes... My 55 year old brother and his friends.  They never left Grade 7.

...Just don't let then hang out with your son! Trust me on this one!

• Haha (+1) 2

For those of y’all coming to the game from out of town Nashville has the Music City Star train that runs from Lebanon Tn east of downtown to the stadium and you are allowed to tailgate on it! It’s 15 per person to ride and you are allowed to bring coolers onboard! It’s a great alternative for people that can’t afford the high hotels downtown or who don’t want to hassle with stadium parking. It makes several stops along the way into downtown and gets you in an hour before game time with just a short walk across the pedestrian bridge. You leave your stuff on the train and it’s locked up until after the game ends then the train leaves 1 hr after the game. The ride back takes one hour and there are restrooms at each end and free parking at train station! We have taken this in the past when it was free but still 15 is cheap for the less stress and being able to tailgate! We are coming from Cookeville Tn by the way. Go Bills

12 hours ago, JonBrooks said:

I don’t know if this helps, or is still accurate, but I went a few years ago (3?) when the Bills played there. A little S or SE of the stadium there is (was?) a bus lot. Thousands of Bills fans were in there in a certain area with busses and RV’s. Came in from all over creation! Being larger and holding more people, they seemed to get a little more room and threw a great party. 

I’m probably going to Uber in again, so I can just take the pedestrian bridge into town after the game without leaving a car behind (or worrying about driving!). It was a great plan last time, but obviously limits tailgating. I’ll have a disposable cooler bag for enough drinks to get to game time. A noon start (Nashville time) means heading in pretty early to the game, so I’ll probably eat inside the stadium.  

Good luck and have a great time...Go Bills! 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:24 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes... My 55 year old brother and his friends.  They never left Grade 7.

I can 100% vouch for this being absolutely true. Somehow, I'm the responsible one when around all those knuckleheads and I'm 41...........

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I can 100% vouch for this being absolutely true. Somehow, I'm the responsible one when around all those knuckleheads and I'm 41...........

Make that two chaperones! Story of my life.  Remind me to tell you about the time I went whitewater rafting in W.Va/Pa with them... /smh

On 9/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, freester said:

Does anyone know where pinto Ron is parking for Nashville?

On 9/28/2019 at 9:28 PM, Augie said:

I think @plenzmd1 may be able to dig this up as we get closer. I want to find the larger group, but am starting to wonder if the Nashville Bills Backers group isn’t easier and worth taking the path of least resistance. I’m happy to get stuff to tailgate on Saturday, but I’m in a hotel with no place to store stuff. I wanted BBQ from one place that doesn’t open until 11:00am, and an early start in Nashville is actually a noon game due to the time zone change. THAT doesn’t work at all! 

Does Kenny actually bring the Pinto to away games as well?

I remember reading that anything within 10 hours he would drive to but it wasn't clear if that meant actually bringing the Pinto. It is hard for me to imagine that thing would make it to Nashville.

• Like (+1) 1

Random request for anyone coming to Nashville from WNY. I'll be visiting  Nashville from California and would like to get some Bills gear (a few tshirts) because I have no gear for the game. Anyone willing to pick a few things up for me and I'll gladly pay you back in $ + ??

Please PM me if so. I'll be in Nashville starting on Friday.