Tennessee 2019

boyst

Getting psyched for Tenn!  Never been there. Only time was a lame layover in Nashville.

The town won't be the same!  Look out, the hippy freak is on the loose!

You've been warned @Seasons1992... Unfortunately, @plenzmd1 knows all to well (he sold me tix to last year's MNF game) the strangeness I bring.  That's the easy part!  You know how crazy My Bro and the rest can get???  The trips to Florida (Miami-JAX-Tampa) are some of the weirder times!  LoL... Those good people of Nashville will never be the same!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:16 PM, plenzmd1 said:

paying BTC for that? You going dude? We have to have a beer..if i recalls right..i owe ya one!

hey Plenz,

sorry for the delay in responding here.

lol. yeah, no, i'm hodling my BTC for now.

i would love to go but unfortunately i am unable to commit at this point. which probably for all intents and purposes. due to the logistical nature of it means most likely not. should something change and the logistics are able to be worked out, i will let you know. 

as for that :beer: i don't remember how you owe me one but... okay :). maybe we could hook up at a home game at some point, but you'll have to let me return the favor and get you a :beer: as well.

Edited by Foxx

On 6/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, buffaloaggie said:

Sabres home opener that Saturday night! Need to find a good sports bar on or near Broadway - Bailey's, Benchmark and Corner Bar are a few.

If you want a true sports bar, The Gulch might serve you better. Maybe Bar Louie or the Pub, or places near the Dawghouse saloon at the end of Demonbreun. I’m sure there are options on Broadway, but it’s not a sports vibe, and an easy walk or Uber to the Gulch. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Or, you go to a game that actually might be fun as opposed to the Sabres and see the Preds crush the Wings .....in person. This is my choice and already have tickets! 81 more nights to watch the Sabres lose on TV

I have never been, but i see more of a bar tailgaiting scene than a lot tailgating scene...but that is entitely a guess

Thank you! Pred’s games are great, but I didn’t even think to look at the schedule. It’s a blast right in the heart of town. I’ll check with my son and may see you there. 

Again, “bar tailgating” may be problematic. Places I looked at on Broadway open at 11:00am, and a 1:00 game EST is a noon game in Nashville. Plenty of time to hit the bars post-game. 

I just bought my tickets. Unfortunately, I am on the Titans side in section 336.  There were not many seats available on the Bills side and the ones that were there were over-inflated as of right now.  Staying at Union Station hotel on Broadway, which looks really nice.

18 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I just bought my tickets. Unfortunately, I am on the Titans side in section 336.  There were not many seats available on the Bills side and the ones that were there were over-inflated as of right now.  Staying at Union Station hotel on Broadway, which looks really nice.

Union Station is very nice inside. Hopefully you'll get an upper level room. Two floors are actually below ground level. Location is ideal for walking anywhere downtown.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Or, you go to a game that actually might be fun as opposed to the Sabres and see the Preds crush the Wings .....in person. This is my choice and already have tickets! 81 more nights to watch the Sabres lose on TV

Been to plenty of Preds games. Putting up with their fans is tough, as they're idiots. Every other chant they do involves saying "you suck". Gets very annoying, so I'd rather watch my favorite team on TV. The novelty of going to a game in Nashville wore off long ago for me.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m a little late to the party but booked my flight this morning. Not sure how many in my group, anywhere from about 5 to 30. Have no tickets and no place to stay yet but can figure that out too. I’m just excited to be going.

All coming from New Orleans area?

My son and I are driving up that Friday.

4 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

All coming from New Orleans area?

My son and I are driving up that Friday.

Not all are coming from New Orleans but some of are. I’d say that the NOLA crew will probably end up being 10ish. There are 5 that I know are already booked from here. I’ll know a little more after tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Anyone doing the Nashville Bills Backers tailgate? Someone sent to me from Fcebook...kinda expensive at $50 per....i am on fence about it

I bought tickets for it and a parking pass close to it in Lot E. As of now that’s what I am probably going to do unless another idea blows me away.

Just now, CajunBillsBacker said:

I bought tickets for it and a parking pass close to it in Lot E. As of now that’s what I am probably going to do unless another idea blows me away.

yea, think we will do it as well..no car makes a catered thing easier. Im just such a cheap bastard, i think 13 of us x $50 and i think hookers and blow should be included!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea, think we will do it as well..no car makes a catered thing easier. Im just such a cheap bastard, i think 13 of us x $50 and i think hookers and blow should be included!

Same here. I first thought about setting up tailgate but the tailgating policies around the stadium lots seem kinda ridiculous. I was looking at google maps at all the lots and they don’t have much grassy area at all anywhere.

So yeah that’s why I went ahead and decided to go with the Nashville Backers tailgate. They said they sold over a hundred tickets so far, so it should be a good time.

6 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Same here. I first thought about setting up tailgate but the tailgating policies around the stadium lots seem kinda ridiculous. I was looking at google maps at all the lots and they don’t have much grassy area at all anywhere.

So yeah that’s why I went ahead and decided to go with the Nashville Backers tailgate. They said they sold over a hundred tickets so far, so it should be a good time.

@Augie, you in? @Seasons1992? @Mr Info

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

For $50, you get hookers OR blow. Don’t be greedy! 

I was going to get Edley’s BBQ for plenty of folks, but this sounds easier since I’m in a hotel. I was curious about your rental for keeping it Saturday.

I’m down for the catered event. but need to look up the details. I’ll probably Uber there, so I don’t need parking. Is that part of what I’m paying for? 

Last time we played there the tailgate was awesome. I’m not sure what funky rules we’re talking about. It was almost all on asphalt, not a grassy field, but it was a sea of Bills fans and pretty cool. 

I’ll be in Nashville this weekend. Love that town, but hope they can control the growth. 

23 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Over a hundred is a drop in the bucket. NOT saying it’s a bad thing, but last time there were THOUSANDS of Bills fans, a sea of blue. 

I think we would benefit from finding the larger group. If the larger group of thousands is somewhere else, I’d prefer that over 150 people. However, being a hotel dweller for the weekend, I’d look to @plenzmd1 or somebody to maybe store some stuff for me overnight and deliver.  There is some value in the convenience of the Backers site. We could load up and pig out there, then look for the ragged masses before heading in for kickoff.   

1 hour ago, Augie said:

For $50, you get hookers OR blow. Don’t be greedy! 

I was going to get Edley’s BBQ for plenty of folks, but this sounds easier since I’m in a hotel. I was curious about your rental for keeping it Saturday.

I’m down for the catered event. but need to look up the details. I’ll probably Uber there, so I don’t need parking. Is that part of what I’m paying for? 

Last time we played there the tailgate was awesome. I’m not sure what funky rules we’re talking about. It was almost all on asphalt, not a grassy field, but it was a sea of Bills fans and pretty cool. 

I’ll be in Nashville this weekend. Love that town, but hope they can control the growth. 

Over a hundred is a drop in the bucket. NOT saying it’s a bad thing, but last time there were THOUSANDS of Bills fans, a sea of blue. 

Yeah well I bought the tickets a long time ago, so those numbers no doubt changed since then.

This is where I bought them thetailgatetn.com

Got the link directly from the Nashville Bills Backers Facebook page.

35 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Yeah well I bought the tickets a long time ago, so those numbers no doubt changed since then.

I hope to see all our Bills brethren there in numbers!  We will all get it figured out and have a great time! 

35 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

OK, I clicked the link, and the photo gallery is full of PATRIOTS* fans! Is this some kind of cruel prank???

?

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1