Josh Allen end of season presser

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

God I wish we could hire Palmer to replace Culley.

Or to supplement him.

From what I've ready, Culley is good at breaking down defenses in the film room.

Palmer is good at QB biomechanics.  

Two very different, complementary skill sets.  

• Like (+1) 10

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Or to supplement him.

From what I've ready, Culley is good at breaking down defenses in the film room.

This is the one of only two major mistakes I think this FO and McD have made and that's having a lifetime WR coach as your rookie franchise QB's coach. Mistake with a kid who needs work on his mechanics as much as the mental side of the game. That and their mess on the OL.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Or to supplement him.

Culley was always known as a fundamentals and mechanics coach too and he was a D1 QB

They both emphasize footwork and upper body mechanics as well as the mental aspects of the game 

couldn’t hurt to have the most help, but Culley  was always a fundamentals coach and Allen certainly played well for a green rookie with not many weapons . His footwork while inconsistent vastly improved over the season and so did his upper body mechanics 

Daboll , Culley and Co certainly are doing a pretty good job of developing him right now and he’s certainly ahead of schedule 

i give credit where it’s due and think Culley is doing a good job developing Allen right now 

19 minutes ago, zonabb said:

This is the one of only two major mistakes I think this FO and McD have made and that's having a lifetime WR coach as your rookie franchise QB's coach. Mistake with a kid who needs work on his mechanics as much as the mental side of the game. That and their mess on the OL.

Culley was a D1 QB who is known to be a great teacher of fundamentals and mechanics .

he can coach anything on offense 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Culley was always known as a fundamentals and mechanics coach too and he was a D1 QB

They both emphasize footwork and upper body mechanics as well as the mental aspects of the game 

couldn’t hurt to have the most help, but Culley  was always a fundamentals coach and Allen certainly played well for a green rookie with not many weapons . His footwork while inconsistent vastly improved over the season and so did his upper body mechanics 

Daboll , Culley and Co certainly are doing a pretty good job of developing him right now and he’s certainly ahead of schedule 

i give credit where it’s due and think Culley is doing a good job developing Allen right now 

I defer to your insight here. Anderson seems to have been a helpful presence as well. Nothing will help more than an improved oline, a #1 wr, a te, and a rb under thirty who is good.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I defer to your insight here. Anderson seems to have been a helpful presence as well. Nothing will help more than an improved oline, a #1 wr, a te, and a rb under thirty who is good.

Of course. Anderson has been in the league for a decade.. you don’t make it that long if you cannot play and help your team

he brings invaluable insight because he has seen every single defense and faced every situation... not to mention when he had to play , he was always a good spot starter... that’s hard to find in the league.. he can show Josh the work Ethic it takes to make it a decade in the league and how to be a pro

Surround Josh with talent and I think he will be amazing.. he carried this offense this year

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Allen improved vastly from beginning of the season to the end, and made large strides the past six weeks.  Culley must be doing some good work.  Or is only the mistakes Allen makes that are supposed to be credited to Culley?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Props to Brandon Beane for this pick. If you can find franchise QBs consistently it means you're worth your salt as a GM. I'm very curious about the plan for Allen going forward, itll be very interesting to see what kind of team we build around him.

LUCKY

I like Beane and MCD and feel like the team finally did get it right there.  But finding a QB is more luck than anything.  If the GM of NE was so smart why did he wait until the 6th round to draft Brady, why not take him in the 3rd to make sure they had him.  Excluding Indy twice (Peyton and Luck) Rams with Goff and a small handful others taken at #1 when you look at the rate of finding very good to great QB's the rate is less than 50% so when you do get him it's more luck than anything. 

Why did Beane wait until #7 to get Allen, someone easily could have jumped ahead of them.  If that had happened, at the time he likely would have been almost as happy with Rosen.

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

LUCKY

I like Beane and MCD and feel like the team finally did get it right there.  But finding a QB is more luck than anything.  If the GM of NE was so smart why did he wait until the 6th round to draft Brady, why not take him in the 3rd to make sure they had him.  Excluding Indy twice (Peyton and Luck) Rams with Goff and a small handful others taken at #1 when you look at the rate of finding very good to great QB's the rate is less than 50% so when you do get him it's more luck than anything. 

Why did Beane wait until #7 to get Allen, someone easily could have jumped ahead of them.  If that had happened, at the time he likely would have been almost as happy with Rosen.

It's not luck. I knew Mayfield, Allen and Darnold to a lesser extent would be good QBs. That's not what impressed me. What impressed me was how ballsy Beane was to get his guy. I like that. Levi Wallace is also proof that Beane is an extremely competent GM. He nailed picks throughout the draft and also signed Jordan Phillips off of waivers. If Beane was fired tomorrow, a dozen teams would be in hot pursuit. He will never be out of a job. I'd fire McD loooooooooong before I'd fire Beane.