[Name Only Title] Cleveland Browns

PatsFanNH

I watched their game against the Ravens.. and I have to say of all the teams missed the playoffs they seem to be the team on the cusp of being not only a playoff team but a Super Bowl contender!   I know these are the Browns and if any team mess it up that orginization can.  But I’m very impressed and that team is set to dominate the AFC North for years! 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I watched their game against the Ravens.. and I have to say of all the teams missed the playoffs they seem to be the team on the cusp of being not only a playoff team but a Super Bowl contender!   I know these are the Browns and if any team mess it up that orginization can.  But I’m very impressed and that team is set to dominate the AFC North for years! 

If they had done the smart thing and fired Hugh Jackson at the end of last season, I have no doubt the Browns would be preparing for a playoff game right now.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I'll give you a possible playoff team but super bowl contender is a bit of a reach.

possible playoff team is suitable for next year, the Bills aren't quite there if Brady returns.

The Steelers were the only team who didn't make the playoffs that had a decent chance to do some damage.  They were a PI call in NO away from making a run.

Browns are up and coming, yes.  But SB contenders?  If they continue to trend up in a few years you might be able to say that.

With Mayfield at QB and Dorsey at GM, odds of that happening are better than most.

29 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I'll give you a possible playoff team but super bowl contender is a bit of a reach.

They are loaded with talent and have a good QB in the making; if they can get the right HC in there and start pushing in the right direction, they can be a very good team for a while.

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They are loaded with talent and have a good QB in the making; if they can get the right HC in there and start pushing in the right direction, they can be a very good team for a while.

and many other teams are well set and will aim to improve on that...

what is this mania of fans of bad teams thinking no other teams will go out to improve for next year, the good teams have a MAJOR advantage on picking up the best available players

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

They do look like a team on the rise; however, if that had been us, many would have likely been harping about Mayfield's inaccuracy in the clutch, and how our defense is overrated b/c we just gave up almost 300 yards on the ground.

Grass often greener, etc.

Edited by thurst44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Browns are still missing quite a few pieces to being an every year playoff threat. 

However for the first time in a long time they have a great young foundation and apparently the correct people in place to add actual talent. Let’s see who they hire for coach and draft and sign. They for sure are a few more playmakers from being a legit threat