The Buffalo Bills - a stable and well-run organization?

WideNine

Who would've thought, but I look around the league and it is one dumpster fire after the next...

Credit the Pegulas for this at least, the Bills no longer seem to be THAT organization. Now if it can translate into serious progress next year, then even better,

• Like (+1) 16
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

We’ll see.. I believe the clock starts now on this GM and Coach

2019 will make or break the current regime, especially the next six months; I too am optimistic! What some fail to understand is this is not just a team rebuild but an organizational rebuild from 17 years of accepted mediocrity!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2019 will tell us a lot, but so far, they seem to be making all the right moves.  

After the whole Peterman debacle, they learned and locked down Barkley and Anderson already.  

We finished 6-10 with a rookie QB and the least amount of talent in the NFL on Offense surrounding said QB.  Guys played hard all the way to the end and they seem to have a true family atmosphere on this squad.  

Our drafts have looked great under McBeane and now we get to see what they do with a boatload of cap space.  

This year was about developing Allen and young talent. I think that was an overwhelming success.  

Exciting times!

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Coach  Cowher says McD is on of the best coaches in the NFL.

KW talks highly of both Beane and McD.

The Cowher/Esaison lovefest on the Bills yesterday was truly something to watch and hear. Simms was grinning as if to say "You guys are crazy," but he jumped in as well.

Of course, when it comes to evaluating HCs and quarterbacks, none of them know anything, so I'll continue to trust the words of people who call our coach 'McClappy' and suggest Allen only did yesterday what the quarterback at Onondaga Community College could have done.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Free agency and the draft will tell us what we need to know.

My hope is they are not only diligent in acquiring talent but also in how they spend to acquire said talent.

The have shown the ability on the defensive side to find diamonds where others saw coal. Can they do this with the O and surround JA with bonafide NFL talent?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The Cowher/Esaison lovefest on the Bills yesterday was truly something to watch and hear. Simms was grinning as if to say "You guys are crazy," but he jumped in as well.

Of course, when it comes to evaluating HCs and quarterbacks, none of them know anything, so I'll continue to trust the words of people who call our coach 'McClappy' and suggest Allen only did yesterday what the quarterback at Onondaga Community College could have done.

Love Boomer, he has never been shy regarding criticism of the Bills nor has Cowher; Phil Simms is full of himself and I watched him and Boomer go at each other pretty good yesterday. Phil Simms needs to move on in life!

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Free agency and the draft will tell us what we need to know.

My hope is they are not only diligent in acquiring talent but also in how they spend to acquire said talent.

The have shown the ability on the defensive side to find diamonds where others saw coal. Can they do this with the O and surround JA with bonafide NFL talent?

Um Foster, Croom, and McKenzie

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Earlier in the year Simms was on the Allen train actually and Boomer was hesitant. Simms was praising him after the Jags and Miami games iirc

Simms cannot control or hide his undying love for the Patriots. Boomer and Cowher May have been throwing out some hot takes, but I don’t think the Bills look like a disaster and actually outperformed the pundits predictions with rookie Allen at QB. Year 3 will be critical in determining Beane / McDs futures. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Cowher has been high on the bills since 2010 when he recommended we hire Gailey as head coach. I believe the bills approached him to be the coach himself but he declined. Wonder if there's a small part of him that wishes he took the job 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We can do a heck of a side better on all three counts.

Agreed - i do appreciate them trying to improve the team mid-season though.  They made decisions that holmes and benjamin weren't going to be here next year, and weren't getting it done.  So bring in new people.  

Grabbing mckenzie off a PS, and scooping phillips off the scrap heap were both solid moves bringing in contributors and/or building blocks.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Agreed - i do appreciate them trying to improve the team mid-season though.  They made decisions that holmes and benjamin weren't going to be here next year, and weren't getting it done.  So bring in new people.  

Grabbing mckenzie off a PS, and scooping phillips off the scrap heap were both solid moves bringing in contributors and/or building blocks.

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

They were UDFA and a late season pickup.  Foster has been our number 1 WR for several weeks now, as a UDFA.  I expect 1000+ and 8TDs from him next season.

I agree and was happy to have them over KB, Clay, Holmes and Thompson.

But UDFAs are UD for a reason. Would I like to see them go over 1000  yds. ABSOLUTELY!

But, those are not my expectations.

I saw entirely too many balls that were dropped or uncontested by all our receivers.

I want a legitimate #1 receiver and TE.  I don’t believe any of them are.

Foster as an UDFA was an absolute steal.  This guy, at the very least is a 2/3 WR and isn’t even close to a finished product.  

McKenzie was a solid pickup and could probably make the team next year as a depth/gadget player.  

Croom looks like he can develop into a legit TE2. 

Teller shows a lot of potential as a mid-round pick who could become a fixture at G. 

Very similar to the mid-round pick of Taron Johnson, UDFA Levi Wallace who is solid DB depth at worst, mid-round stud LB Milano etc.. on the defensive side.  

Im pretty bullish on this groups ability to identify talent.  

Of course guys like Zay have taken a bit to develop, but he’s shown WR2 potential finally.  Star is solid but overpaid.  Murphy is meh.  KB was a move I have no problem with given the context of why and when we made it.  If this is what I’m taking issue with...they’re doing a pretty good job.  

Edited by SCBills

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Foster as an UDFA was an absolute steal.  This guy, at the very least is a 2/3 WR and isn’t even close to a finished product.  

McKenzie was a solid pickup and could probably make the team next year as a depth/gadget player.  

Croom looks like he can develop into a legit TE2. 

Teller shows a lot of potential as a mid-round pick who could become a fixture at G. 

Very similar to the mid-round pick of Taron Johnson, UDFA Levi Wallace who is solid DB depth at worst, mid-round stud LB Milano etc.. on the defensive side.  

Im pretty bullish on this groups ability to identify talent.  

Of course guys like Zay have taken a bit to develop, but he’s shown WR2 potential finally.  Star is solid but overpaid.  Murphy is meh.  KB was a move I have no problem with given the context of why and when we made it.  If this is what I’m taking issue with...they’re doing a pretty good job.  

Not to kill the moment, let us not forget this personnel move.

112718-Matt-Darr

Edited by WideNine