Not a single one of you predicted in September that for the final game of the season

Bills fans at the stadium would be cheering wildly at Jordan Mills and giving him a wave of ovation and thumbs up as he slow walked off the field and out the tunnel.

Seriously, I felt great for the guy.  There was little doubt that he was loving every minute of it too and fired up as he left.

I love this team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

One of the only times I was really dang proud/happy to have Mills on our team. We still need a better RT, but he deserved a standing ovation yesterday. 

Couldn't agree more.

Man...I'll never replace yesterday's game in my memory for all the obvious reasons...and thank you Kiko for getting yourself ejected, you moron, while also not hurting our QB...jerk.

The last remaining Buffalo Bill still on the team my father saw play in 2007 before he died in early 2008 was Kyle Williams.  I HAD to go to this game.  I'm glad I stuck around after the game to give the man a high five and say thank you.     

Insane, but this might be the most livable 6-10 season in franchise history.  

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For the "this isn't hockey" crowd:  the Bills finally showed you yesterday how to properly respond to a cheap shot aimed at one of your star players.  

It was nice to see and that is the stuff that brings a team together and makes them better than they were before.  So he got ejected...who cares?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bills fans at the stadium would be cheering wildly at Jordan Mills and giving him a wave of ovation and thumbs up as he slow walked off the field and out the tunnel.

Seriously, I felt great for the guy.  There was little doubt that he was loving every minute of it too and fired up as he left.

I love this team.

Not fair---I would have said it had I known it was going to happen.

Agree with all else, and well worth the ejection. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott doesn't want his team losing discipline, but you know he liked that moment, too.  

I'm sure Mills was as much a part of the post-game locker room celebration as any other Bill, maybe more so, and McDermott desperately wants that togetherness.  

It was a memorable game for many reasons, with a lot of important stuff happening even though the game was meaningless in the standings.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I thought if anyone was getting ejected it was going to be Boettger tbh.

I know, right.

you know what’s funny GB, if they took a moment and asked the Bills lineman “which of you is going to be ejected for trying to protect or stand up for our QB?”, to a man I believe it would have been like something out of Rudy, or maybe even Spartacus...each man being honored to be the one to fall on the sword for the cause...and for their friend and leader.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, right.

you know what’s funny GB, if they took a moment and asked the Bills lineman “which of you is going to be the ejected for trying to protect or stand up for our QB?”, to a man I believe it would have been like something out of Rudy, or maybe even Spartacus...each man being honored to be the one to fall on the sword for the cause...and for their friend and leader.

Yeh no kiddin

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love this team.

Yes and Mills was not the one who should have been penalized but he took the blame and then accepted the cheers.

I wonder if zebras at NFL central will see this and fine the one who was involved.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Yes and Mills was not the one who should have been penalized but he took the blame and then accepted the cheers.

I wonder if zebras at NFL central will see this and fine the one who was involved.

Limeaid, that is interesting about the fine.  I never thought of that.

btw, see my post up above on what I think the other Bills linemen would do if given the opportunity to be the one ejected.

i love this team.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

For the "this isn't hockey" crowd:  the Bills finally showed you yesterday how to properly respond to a cheap shot aimed at one of your star players.  

It was nice to see and that is the stuff that brings a team together and makes them better than they were before.  So he got ejected...who cares?

its a start....the bills looked like the pussyhat march after gronk did the pro wrestling slam last yr. unforgivable

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The only thing missing from yesterday’s game was Carwell Gardner kicking Bryan Cox’s ass.

Did you miss it? PPV from the Big Tree parking lot! Awesome! 

Mills is getting credit, and maybe he deserves it. All I saw was him grabbing a guys fingers with his face mask. 

After all the praise for protecting Josh and being ejected, I hope he deserved it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Couldn't agree more.

Man...I'll never replace yesterday's game in my memory for all the obvious reasons...and thank you Kiko for getting yourself ejected, you moron, while also not hurting our QB...jerk.

The last remaining Buffalo Bill still on the team my father saw play in 2007 before he died in early 2008 was Kyle Williams.  I HAD to go to this game.  I'm glad I stuck around after the game to give the man a high five and say thank you.     

Insane, but this might be the most livable 6-10 season in franchise history.  

Great thread @dollars 2 donuts, highlighting how so many of our loose threads got pulled together yesterday, into a cohesive team win/solid effort including Mills. Can’t discount how much Kyle meant to even the younger guys on this team (someone else pointed out Zay’s running over to the ref after Kyle had tossed his catch ball so that he could retrieve it for a memento for Kyle) and how fired up they all were as a result. If ever there was a “meaningless” end of season game that actually meant more to every Bill playing than this one, I don’t know which. Glad you got to go and bring it full circle for the link with your dad.

• Awesome! (+1) 1