So realistically, who do you want at 9?

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

BPA is a fallacy.  Teams mostly draft out of need.  If they didn’t you’d see teams take multiple QB’s high

No you wouldn't.  You would see teams trade out of their high picks instead of take multiple qbs.   Look how many high picks habe been traded for over the years.

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Devin White LB, LSU

Greedy Williams, CB LSU

Jeffery Simmons, DT Miss ST

Dark horse

Zack Allen, DE Boston College

I think we’ll address OL in FA...

like your list...

Josh Allen

Devin White 

Rashan Gary

Jeffrey Simmons

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

5 hours ago, ******* said:

Top half of the draft looks very defense heavy in talent. Would you be ok with going defense at 9 trade back? 

We found a jewel in T White in the late 1st round , I would like to trade down and possibly have two 1st round picks , unless someone is there in the 9 that we just can’t pass on , BTW I don’t care if it’s offensive or defensive pick ( as long as we hit on it) , I know offense is a bigger need especially OL/WR I would really like to have OL taken care of in free agency or even trade but as long as we keep our 1st and 2nd round picks! 

One thing for sure this will be an interesting offseason and will keep all of us on our toes 

Edited by Putin

It better be offense.  Sick and tired of investing 1st and 2nd round picks into defense.  We have a defensive coach and spend money in FA on defense.  White in 2017 and Edmunds in 2018.  Enough is enough.  Pick an offensive player.  At the end of the day, there will be a offensive player that went later that will end up being a top 10 player from this class.  Find that guy.

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

If i had to narrow it to 5 guys who legitimately have a chance at being there at 9........J Williams, G Williams, J Allen, D White, and although I doubt he falls, E Oliver.. These are guys IF we stay at 9, which IMO is probable with the weak QB crop.

Don't see Greedy Williams or Josh Allen available with the 9th pick.

If we get a G, C and tackle in FA, then grab Dez White to play MLB and move Edmunds to OLB and really shore up two positions, edge rusher and run stopping assistance

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billspro said:

Metcalf of Jonah Williams (although I don’t know how to evaluate oline)

I'm ok going defense or trading down. I also expect the FA period to land an OL or two and a WR or TE. C Paradis from Denver is my #1 wish. G Tate could help out for a year or two while younger WRs come up to speed. He also seems to be a McBeane type of guy.

Despite the general consensus on the board I feel this team has areas to address on D. Chicago and Baltimore are smothering dangerous Defenses. Buffalo has what I would term a stout D, but has little depth and can use a pass rushing DE/Edge, an OLB to learn from Lorax for a year or a game changing DT. A CB opposite Tre White would be good too. An addition to any of those positions elevates the defense into another category and could help give the offense some short fields. This draft is very deep in Defensive talent.

Not a fan of Metcalf, too little college production for me, but that is my preference. I'd rather take a guy like A Johnson a round or two later.

OT Jawaan Taylor/ Jonah Williams or trade down for Gregg Little?

Jawaan Taylor*, OT, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 340.
Projected 40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round (2019): 1.

12/8/18: Taylor has been excellent for the Gators in 2018. He has been steady in pass protection and as a tough run blocker. In speaking to team sources after the end of the regular season, multiple teams say they have Taylor as the top offensive line prospect for the 2019 NFL Draft. They feel that Taylor will be the first blocker drafted and could go high in the first round.

Team sources love Taylor's combination of size, movement skills, and strength. Sources feel that 6-foot-5, 340-pounder has an excellent skill set with upside to be a top tackle in the NFL.

Here's what one national scout texted me about Taylor, "I bet you Jawaan Taylor is the first tackle to go in the draft if he comes out. I haven't seen him hardly anywhere from the experts, haha." In speaking to a general manager of a team in need of tackle help, they said that Taylor was their top offensive tackle prospect as well. While it is still early in the 2019 NFL Draft process, entering the offseason portion multiple NFL teams have Taylor as a their top-rated offensive lineman and think he could be a high first-round pick.

8/28/18: Taylor played right tackle for the Gators last year and has impressed some team evaluators. "Taylor at Florida is very talented with size, movement skills, and strength," said one scout. "His stock could boom with a strong season. He needs to be more consistent though." In the final two games of the 2017 season, Taylor started at left tackle for Florida. If he can't play on the blind side, he could be a guard or right tackle in the NFL.

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 297.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.

12/8/18: Williams has played well for Alabama, and some team sources say they have graded Williams as a late first-round pick, while others graded him in the second round. He is a smart blocker who is steady and reliable. Team sources say they are projecting Williams to right tackle or guard, and think he would only be an emergency left tackle who could finish out a game because he's smart, but teams wouldn't want him to start at left tackle in the NFL.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Williams checks in at 6-foot-4, 297 pounds and is said to run a fast 40 at 5.10 seconds. Measurement data has him with 33.63-inch arms, 9.13-inch hands, and an 81.25-inch wing span.

Williams was a freshman starter at right tackle for Alabama in 2016 and did a nice job of opening holes in the ground game. He took over as the starting left tackle with Cam Robinson moving on to the NFL, and Williams played well on the blind side in 2017. He is an intelligent blocker who has the versatility to be effective in the run game and in pass protection. He has size, flexibility and mobility.

One AFC scout for National said he had Williams graded on the second day of the 2019 NFL Draft entering the 2018 season. They thought he may have to play at right tackle or guard in the NFL, but they said that Williams is very smart and reliable. With a good year, he could be a late first-round candidate given the need at the position across the league.

Greg Little*, OT, Ole Miss
Height: 6-6. Weight: 325.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2019): Top-25.

12/8/18: Little put together a decent year for Ole Miss. In speaking to team sources, they aren't super excited about him because Little doesn't play up to his potential consistently. Everybody acknowledges his skill set, but being an underachiever leaves a sour taste for a lot of evaluators. As a result, multiple team sources have told me they had given Little a late first-round grade. They expect him to go higher though because this is a weak tackle draft and there are a lot of NFL teams that are desperate for offensive line help. Some sources like Little, and he has enough fans where he looks likely to be a top-20 selection.

Against Alabama, Little was getting bull rushed into the pocket and was giving up some pressures to the inside. That happened in other games, too, as he gave up some pressures to players who won't play in the NFL, and he seems disinterested at times. As a player, Little should return to Ole Miss to get stronger before going pro. However given this weak tackle class, it could be a good time for him to come out, as he could be the first tackle to come off the board given how many NFL teams are desperate for tackle help.

8/28/18: Little showed a ton of potential as a freshman starter. He was up and down as a sophomore in 2017, but has plenty of upside. The 6-foot-6, 325-pounder has improved as he gains experience and could become elite as a junior. Little could end up being a good left tackle prospect. He has size, length and mobility.

"I'm holding my breath on Little. He could soar or topple but, no question, he has the talent," said one NFC scout. "He's not Laremy Tunsil as a player even though Little is two inches taller and 20 pounds bigger with great length. Little is a typical five-star kid who needs to develop the tenacity that Tunsil had. Little would be a top-five pick if he showed that."