So realistically, who do you want at 9?

On 12/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, billspro said:

I think Allen does a much better job with speed WRs. I don’t see Harry as a good fit.

This is actually an excellent observation...to further add on to your point, slower receivers require more of a precision passer, as there is less room for error when the defender is close to the receiver (ie Kelvin Benjamin)...a faster wr (ie Foster) creates more separation, allowing a QB like Allen not to have to be perfect with location imo.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

i'm sorry but i gotta go with josh allen possibly at 9. think about it, ....a great pass rusher with lorax to mentor and bring him in. i guess if little or williams are there, that's a big thing, but if they can really crush it with the lb corp, i can't hold it against them.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:49 AM, WMDman said:

Jonah Williams

definitely would be able to anchor that line for allen.

week ago they had the bills picking him. I don't know how much a couple spots will make but it would be a good pick for sure.

7. Buffalo Bills
Jonah Williams | OT | Alabama

usatsi_11553987.jpg?w=1024

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-updated-week-17-dwayne-haskins-nick-bosa-quinnen-williams-josh-allen-justin-herbert-will-grier/

too early, just wishful thinking at this point. long off season

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Take your pick. We need a lot of offensive players. Whoever is the best one available.

Trade down if possible.

He's a freaking 20 year old rookie. Have patience.

Don't get me wrong, I really like him. Watch his college tape and you can clearly see why he was rated as an OLB. He struggles with recognition. I don't want to see him fail at MLB when he could be an all pro OLB.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:37 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

BPA.  No trade down.  Need to add a blue chip player at any position.

BPA at any position.   Where you think the guy who coaches that position is worth a shtt. 

There's lots of teams with lots of coaches, and they cant all be world-class. 

53 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Cant see this at all. We are set with Edmunds and Milano. With defenses nowadays in nickel you rarely have 3 LBs on the field at the same time 

A play maker like White would be hard to pass up, even though it is not our biggest need.  Milano would play in base and add depth to sub packages.

If we're drafting for need and not going BPA, I'd like to see a trade down and address the lines and attempt to get a couple potential offensive play makers.  That would be a solid approach too.

It is safe to assume Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams will be gone.  After that, the draft gets harder to call.  Most, but not all prognosticators think Josh Allen will be gone.  After that, it looks like a crap shoot.  Some think Jonah Williams will get drafted in the top 6 or so, some don't.  Same thing with Ed Oliver and Greedy Williams.  If he's available at #9 Jonah Williams is probably my top pick.  I would also be fine with Ed Oliver, DK Metcalf (who will almost certainly be available) or Greg Little.  I would be a bit nervous about Clelin Ferrell or Rashan Gary,  In my ideal world a couple QB needy teams in the top 8 will draft Drew Lock and Dwayne Haskins.  Then some nutcase GM will think AJ Brown is the receiver he's got to have, and some team needing defense will draft a guy like Jeffery Simmons.  That would leave more players to choose from that I favor.  I'm not holding out too much hope that will happen.  Only one thing is certain at this point.  Everything will change by the time the draft is held, and there will be a  different list of prospects we're all drooling over than we have now. 

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1