So realistically, who do you want at 9?

40 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Trade down, aquire more picks, get a wr in the late teens or early 20s 

I am not sure a trade down will be available at pick 9. Unless multiple QB's get highly coveted in the pre-draft process I don't see the Bills having a talent at pick 9 that they wouldn't want but other teams would be willing to trade up for. So I think more than likely the team is stuck at pick 9 and will have to take the best player available. 

That being said if I have my choice of positions to pick it would be RT. Ideally I think WR is the teams biggest need but there isn't a player worth taking at 9 at the position. More realistically at RT would fit the teams second biggest need on offense and be a mighty fine way to add more talent around Allen via the draft. At pick 41 the team can take a WR to complement the existing talent (I also would want a vet WR, I am not going to be fooled by Zay and Foster just yet.)

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think Allen does a much better job with speed WRs. I don’t see Harry as a good fit.

He plays faster than his 40 time. 

The kid is a beast and would be a huge addition. Big body, big catch radius and will win the jump ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

BPA is a fallacy.  Teams mostly draft out of need.  If they didn’t you’d see teams take multiple QB’s high

Its not necessarily a fallacy but it is something that gets overstated. Often times the highest player on the board will not be taken if the position doesn't fit need simply because the second best player on the board is in a position of need. The draft is about value and if you are drafting 9 and you have the 7th and 9th best player on your board still available but the player that is ranked 7th isn't at a position of need and the 9th best player is then teams will take the player ranked 9th. Its splitting hairs in terms of talent level and you want the player that will help your team more. 

Now if the choice is between the 7th best player on the board who isn't at a position of need and the 14th that is then you take the higher ranked player. So its value vs. need and you weigh value more but its not the be all end all. 

• Like (+1) 6

34 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think Allen does a much better job with speed WRs. I don’t see Harry as a good fit.

He did better with speed receivers because his big possession receivers were terrible. 

Harry would be a great addition. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

This statement is wrong on numerous levels

So if the NYG had a RB as the highest rated player on the board when it was their turn to draft in the 1st round, you really believe that are drafting the RB even though they drafted Barkley last year?

I don’t think so. 

• Like (+1) 2

O-Line and speedy WRs. I would like to draft Johnah Williams and try and trade for John Ross from Cincinnati if possible. Trade a 4th for him, he hasn’t done much in Cincinnati and I think with his speed he needs to play with a strong arm QB and take the top off a Defense. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

Offense or defensive line 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

O-Line and speedy WRs. I would like to draft Johnah Williams and try and trade for John Ross from Cincinnati if possible. Trade a 4th for him, he hasn’t done much in Cincinnati and I think with his speed he needs to play with a strong arm QB and take the top off a Defense. 

John Ross sucks 

BPA

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am not sure a trade down will be available at pick 9. Unless multiple QB's get highly coveted in the pre-draft process I don't see the Bills having a talent at pick 9 that they wouldn't want but other teams would be willing to trade up for. So I think more than likely the team is stuck at pick 9 and will have to take the best player available. 

That being said if I have my choice of positions to pick it would be RT. Ideally I think WR is the teams biggest need but there isn't a player worth taking at 9 at the position. More realistically at RT would fit the teams second biggest need on offense and be a mighty fine way to add more talent around Allen via the draft. At pick 41 the team can take a WR to complement the existing talent (I also would want a vet WR, I am not going to be fooled by Zay and Foster just yet.)

Oh so you are going to be fooled later on.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So if the NYG had a RB as the highest rated player on the board when it was their turn to draft in the 1st round, you really believe that are drafting the RB even though they drafted Barkley last year?

I don’t think so. 

Its not 100% either way. Some teams may lean more towards need, others may lean towards BPA regardless of position. A team like the bills with holes everywhere should be BPA regardless of position. 

And you could argue, using your example, that the Giants drafted BPA available last season by drafting Barkley. They needed a QB  and look at how many were available to them yet they still went with BPA in Barkley. 

40 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

1.  Devin White.  Dude is a beast.  Lets Edmunds kick out to OLB.   LB corp. has the chance to be the best in the league in a year or two with Edmunds, White and Milano.  And then draft WR in Round 2. 

2.  J. Williams (OL) Alabama.  Don't see him lasting until 9.  If he does, he'd be hard to pass up. 

I'd do this if White or Williams are unavailable. 

Edmunds is our MLB he isnt kicking outside.  He has sideline to sideline speed and the brains to run the D.

25 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

BPA is a fallacy.  Teams mostly draft out of need.  If they didn’t you’d see teams take multiple QB’s high

No actually when they take a QB the QB usually isnt BPA so your thinking is kinda backwards.

41 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

BPA... unless the 2nd-best-player-available grades out like 0.1% under the BPA and plays a position of higher need for the Bills.

(how do you define “best”, anyway, especially when comparing players at two different positions?)

The highest rated player left on your board. If you have multiple players graded similarly then you obviously go with the higher area of need.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

We have one of those already.  We will be looking for a big WR this offseason.