Crossman and Castillo? Who stays and who goes?

LabattBlue

Crossman and Castillo  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets fired

17 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

That's not fair though. He did great when Cog, Wood, Glenn and Dawkins were starting together and I think Wyatt Teller showed growth under Castillo. Guy had Russell Bodine, Ryan Groy and a bunch of scrubs to work with. Castillo is a fantastic coach.

I don't go that far.  He did better, yes, but between 2016 and 2017 everyone's YPC dropped, and significantly (eg not just Shady, which could be age).  Wood looked worse.  Miller, who won "most improved" in 2016 somehow suddenly couldn't see the field and Ducasse did not look good in run blocking.

It's not as clear-cut due to personnel change, but I felt the Ravens OL looked better in 2017.  Fewer sacks for Joe "Statue" Flacco and the best rusher gained more YPC.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:44 AM, TPS said:

I don’t think McD will fire either one. ST actually looked good yesterday after being the cause of the previous Miami loss. The new guys thrown in there looked good. 

For O-line, I think Daboll will take more control of the process. I just can’t see McD letting Castillo go. 

Happy to see McD pull the trigger here. I didn't think he had it in him, but he is going into year 3 which will be all about performance.

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m shocked...I thought he would have stayed status quo for at least one more season.   For someone who is not a fan of McD, I am pleasantly surprised.  

Now let’s see who the replacements are.  

First name I found when looking for OL Coach replacements ...

Ray Brown could be looking for work after the Arizona Cardinals fired their head coach. Brown has worked with offensive lines in the NFL since 2008, when he was given his first chance by the Buffalo Bills. Brown is a former lineman himself, playing in an impressive 20 seasons. At age 43, Brown was still starting for Washington. Brown coached for the Carolina Panthers from 2011 to 2017. This covers the entire time Sean McDermott was on the Panthers and is one of only two names directly tied to McDermott.