Crossman and Castillo? Who stays and who goes?

LabattBlue

Crossman and Castillo  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets fired

I don’t think McD will fire either one. ST actually looked good yesterday after being the cause of the previous Miami loss. The new guys thrown in there looked good. 

For O-line, I think Daboll will take more control of the process. I just can’t see McD letting Castillo go. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Based on comments by McD will be surprised if Crossman doesn't go.  Castillo will more be up to what Dabo thinks.

As to the comment about Beane not having the clout, typically assistant coaches hirng/firing are at the decision of the HC, not the GM.  Does the GM ultimately OK the deal, yes, but more of a rubber stamp of the HC.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

Crossman should be fired. 

Castillo probably should be, but the argument could be made that he didn’t have much to work with. He also did get some decent play out of young guys down the stretch. The line played better throughout the back half of the season as teams began to fear Allen’s arms and legs. 

Not much a line can do when the D is blitzing 10 guys and letting the 11th sit back in the middle of the field and get the easy interception when the QB throws it wildly into the air. 

I think it's an imperative that Crossman be let go.  Just too much inexcusable poor performance on ST.

As for Castillo, I'd like to see him go, but I think the decision should be based on Daboll's opinion.  He inherited Castillo & maybe he likes the guy & thinks he's a good fit.  Yes, our offense performed poorly, and in his tenure some players have declined (Groy & Miller).  We lacked talent on the Oline & perhaps the thought is that w/ better (& proper "fit") we can get good performance from that unit.

• Like (+1) 1

I would say both. But realistically the OL played better down the stretch once players switched out. So I think that keeps Castillo his job unfortunately. 

Now Crossman the ST unit has been a mess for years. And regressed even more this year so he will get canned IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TPS said:

I don’t think McD will fire either one. ST actually looked good yesterday after being the cause of the previous Miami loss. The new guys thrown in there looked good. 

For O-line, I think Daboll will take more control of the process. I just can’t see McD letting Castillo go. 

I think this is the likely scenario, but voting more on hope than realistic expectation.

I liked ST yesterday, but as a season effort it was pretty bad. I honestly can't say how much of that is on Crossman and how much of it is lack of an ST roster/young guys, but there is more than room for improvement in terms of our kick return packages and how we approach the ST aspect of the game overall. While it was only one play, the Titans opening kick return last night caught everyone off guard and we should look to incorporate some of that as well. The lack of innovation in the ST part of the game seems oddly overlooked, despite the belief that it's a part of the game long in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

We have the the worst non QB running game in the league.  Castillo must go.  Our talent sucks but so does our OL coach.  He had the same results in Baltimore, leading to Harbaugh bringing in Roman to lead the running game.  

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Castillo is abysmal. I think he stays, but boy do I want him gone. 

That's not fair though. He did great when Cog, Wood, Glenn and Dawkins were starting together and I think Wyatt Teller showed growth under Castillo. Guy had Russell Bodine, Ryan Groy and a bunch of scrubs to work with. Castillo is a fantastic coach.