Bills sign Derek Anderson to extension

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

I don't get it really.  He is terrible as a QB.  Why not just add him to the coaching staff?  The guy should never be on the field again IMO.

I think there is a 99% chance he won't be. Keeping him around to be the mentor Josh needs and apparently already has greatly benefited from. He'll be inactive every week, IMO.

Just now, Philo Beddoe said:

I think there is a 99% chance he won't be. Keeping him around to be the mentor Josh needs and apparently already has greatly benefited from. He'll be inactive every week, IMO.

absolutely.  unless something disastrous happens, anderson won't see the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

Meh.  It's OK, I guess as a benbefit to Josh Allen.  I think it's a bit redundant (Matt Barkley is already a veteran presence).  With Josh Allen being just a second year QB (in 2019) there's no particular rush to bring in a developmental guy.  After next season, I would definitely let him go in favor of a youngster.

16 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Didn't see this at all honestly. Little surprised, but glad Josh will have plenty of help 

I just assume that from the sideline to the QB room Anderson has had a positive impact on Josh's development and OBD has seen this and rewarded it.

If Anderson, Barkley, and Allen have developed a good supportive chemistry, OBD is smart not to disrupt it at this stage.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I don't get it really.  He is terrible as a QB.  Why not just add him to the coaching staff?  The guy should never be on the field again IMO.

Because he’s going to make like 900 K to essentially be a 2nd QB coach to Allen. If they make him a coach he’s not making that kind of bank and he’s have to put in more hours as acoach

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I just assume that from the sideline to the QB room Anderson has had a positive impact on Josh's development and OBD has seen this and rewarded it.

If Anderson, Barkley, and Allen have developed a good supportive chemistry, OBD is smart not to disrupt it at this stage.

I think that has a lot to do with it 

12 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

He’ll likely be inactive every week with Barkley serving as the #2. They obviously must like how he helps Allen to want to keep him around.

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Because he’s going to make like 900 K to essentially be a 2nd QB coach to Allen. If they make him a coach he’s not making that kind of bank and he’s have to put in more hours as acoach

They can pay him whatever he wants and he can work whatever hours they want him too. They can make up a position on their coaching staff if they want and not use up a roster spot.