Would you trade for AJ Green?

Tatonka68

Would you trade for AJ Green??  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade a 2nd and our later 4th round pick for AJ Green.

• YES, great deal. It's like using our 2nd round pick to draft him and only giving up a late 4th pick.
    • NO, not worth the draft picks.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

I would see if the Bengals would bite on this. Would not give up the farm but under the instance above a 2nd and a late 4th pick I would make the trade. If necessary I would add a conditional 2020 4th or 5th round pick.

So you would trade a high 2nd round and late 4th round pick for a 1 year rental on a player to whom you must pay $12M?

I don't see the value there.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I would trade for him, but a 2 and 4 seems high. I would trade a 3 and 4.

Likewise - why two draft picks for a 1 year rental at a rate of $12M?

Best case...he comes back from the foot injury and plays his ass off, clicks well with Allen and you're in the bidding for a big FA contract with a 31 yr old guy.

I think we need to get Allen a couple young guys he can develop with.  If you're going to invest heavily in both draft picks and cap space with a trade, need more than 1 year.

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

No and there are two reasons, 1.  I don't like the age.  If we are trying to get younger then do that.  2.  Availability.   Green gets hurt just about every year and the Bengals offense falls off the cliff every time.

Every other year.  For a top WR he's been pretty healthy actually.  But it does seem as though the injuries are starting to mount up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Likewise - why two draft picks for a 1 year rental at a rate of $12M?

Best case...he comes back from the foot injury and plays his ass off, clicks well with Allen and you're in the bidding for a big FA contract with a 31 yr old guy.

I think we need to get Allen a couple young guys he can develop with.  If you're going to invest heavily in both draft picks and cap space with a trade, need more than 1 year.

Exactly. I would rather JAWs in the second round before trading a second for a 31 year old whose coming off an injury. 

If it was 2015 the answer would be yes.  2018, not for a 2nd and 4th.

He'll be 31 when the season kicks off next year and has missed at least 6 games in two of the last three seasons.;

17 and 18 were his worst yards per game average since his rookie year.  Plus he has a cap hit of over $15 million at 31 years old and is in the last year of his deal.  He'll be a rental.

If anything we would be giving Cincy a break by taking on his contract.  Considering the Bengals record over the last few years with him at a younger age, I can't see them valuing him that much now.

I'm thinking we could get him for a 6th rounder, still drafting a number 1 in 2019 draft.  He'll be in the room with our young guys teaching them how to be pros and work ethic.  He'll probably contribute more that way than on the field.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

No and there are two reasons, 1.  I don't like the age.  If we are trying to get younger then do that.  2.  Availability.   Green gets hurt just about every year and the Bengals offense falls off the cliff every time.

We are officially in the “win now” window and no longer the “be young and cheap”

• Like (+1) 1

I would trade a 2nd and 4th for Julio Jones.

Coming off a career year, he is 29 and still has 2 years left on his deal at $13 million per year.  He would definitely bring a culture change to our WR room.  

At 29, it would be tough to trade a 1st for him (especially a top 10), because you would potentially giving away the next franchise player for a 2 year rental.  

I know we are desperate for WR help and there are people on this board that would trade away their first born for Julio Jones.  But giving away your future for a couple years has to be measured.

If the Bills were a year or two further along, yes.

As for now, with a complete youth movement underway, no.

Keep building the base. Get the O-line corrected, JA another year, draft another young WR to get a year or two in and look for this type of move when further along like Lofton.

Green is a great player, but I don't have faith in him staying healthy anymore & would rather use the picks.  I wouldn't mind signing Golden Tate and/or John Brown, who was having a (re)breakout season until Flacco went down.  Geronimo Allison is another guy who was off to a hot start until he got hurt, though I believe he's a restricted free agent.

Bengals might like to get something for him if he is not in their long term plans.  Maybe they might unload his 2019 salary for a 4th or 5th round pick.  Bills certainly have the cap space to absorb 15 mill for a true #1 wr.  He fits in maybe they can structure a deal for 2-3 more years

10 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

This is all true but it would be great to have a technician like Green in the room with our young guys.

High tides raise all ships, Cutty, and that son of a gun is one high tide!

Look at Boyd.

couldnt agree more with you.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

11 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

This is why I don't think it will take that much to acquire him. Hell, I'll take Tyler Boyd for less