Would you trade for AJ Green?

Tatonka68

Would you trade for AJ Green??  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade a 2nd and our later 4th round pick for AJ Green.

• YES, great deal. It's like using our 2nd round pick to draft him and only giving up a late 4th pick.
    • NO, not worth the draft picks.

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

No and there are two reasons, 1.  I don't like the age.  If we are trying to get younger than do that.  2.  Availability.   Green gets hurt just about every year and the Bengals offense falls off the cliff every time.

Doesn’t point 2 also show how great of a player he is? I think I’d give a 2nd for him even if we knew he would only be available half the year. Also, he has been available 111 out of 128 possible games in his career. That’s pretty reliable. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

No and there are two reasons, 1.  I don't like the age.  If we are trying to get younger then do that.  2.  Availability.   Green gets hurt just about every year and the Bengals offense falls off the cliff every time.

This is all true but it would be great to have a technician like Green in the room with our young guys.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Doesn’t point 2 also show how great of a player he is? I think I’d give a 2nd for him even if we knew he would only be available half the year. Also, he has been available 111 out of 128 possible games in his career. That’s pretty reliable. 

He may have played in 111 out of 128 but his impact wasn't the same in all of those games because of his injuries.  I'd rather take a young guy and continue the youth movement on offense.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

This is all true but it would be great to have a technician like Green in the room with our young guys.

His acumen and feel for the game would certainly be great for our young guys, but Green and it's not his fault, just tends to get hurt at the wrong time.  I'd rather use the 2nd round pick on a young player.  I'm not completely against Green, I'd just rather use it on a young player.  Of course the counter argument could be well anybody can get hurt at any time and I'll concede that.

Edited by NewEraBills

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

His acumen and feel for the game would certainly be great for our young guys, but Green and it's not his fault, just tends to get hurt at the wrong time.  I'd rather use the 2nd round pick on a young player.  I'm not completely against Green, I'd just rather use it on a young player.

I tend to agree with you, but in their position the Bills have to spend to the Cap floor. I think he'd be the best WR we could get, draft or otherwise. I'd rather have Green's contract then some player who gets the money finally and thinks he can rest.

BTW I don't think you could get Green for a 2nd.

I Voted yes, It would depend on how WRs in the draft look.  The draft is supposed to be deep at WR.  It isnt so simple as to say we are gonna make this trade.  It all depends on how FA plays out.  If this was Julio though I make that trade in a heart beat either way.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Wrong side of 30- always hurt lately- pass.

• Like (+1) 1

He will be 31, on a sizable contract, and has been banged up lately. I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him but not at the cost of 2 draft picks. If it was a swap of our 3rd for Cincy's 5th or 6th I would strongly consider it. Green I think still might have 1-3 very productive years left. But I am not trading a high 2nd rounder and a mid round pick (which I value more with a regime that seems to know how to draft) for a short term solution at WR that is far from a sure thing high impact player. 

If the draft compensation were lowered then I would listen as the market for free agent WR's isn't that great and the draft might not produce an impact player. But at the steep asking price of a early 2nd and a late 4th I would rather just draft 2 WR's with those picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a great receiver who has been pretty durable plus his hands are amazing. He’s great, wants to be greater. Good attitude and turns 31 in July so should have much more in the tank. Assume he has 5 more highly productive seasons in him. He’s in the mold of Jerry Rice & other elite level guys so he has the work ethic and talent to play to 40. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

I would see if the Bengals would bite on this. Would not give up the farm but under the instance above a 2nd and a late 4th pick I would make the trade. If necessary I would add a conditional 2020 4th or 5th round pick.

That’s a deal that I think is realistic. I would do it.

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

No and there are two reasons, 1.  I don't like the age.  If we are trying to get younger then do that.  2.  Availability.   Green gets hurt just about every year and the Bengals offense falls off the cliff every time.

Not even close to true, outside of this year he has barely missed any games.  And Greens impact would be 10x whatever a rookie could provide this year. Green is an established stud, our last 2nd round pick on a WR was Zay.  Easy choice but he wont be that cheap

Edited by BillsMafia13
  • Like (+1) 1

I would trade for him, but a 2 and 4 seems high. I would trade a 3 and 4.

His value is diminished by the fact that it's a deep WR class, there are several players who look very similar to him in speciality and talent (of course that's unproven, but we'll see) and he is coming off injury.