Miami Dolphins: HC Adam Gase fired (per NFL network)

Steptide

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

You know what other coach turned around a perennial loser in year one then had a disappointing year two?

I, for one, did not find the Bill's 2018 season disappointing.  We found a young QB who can play as well as lead, confirmed our D was good and, by end of year, have two young WRs looking like they can catch - zay and foster - which is two more than we started the season with.  I'm much happier today than I was 12 months ago oddly.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right, the great defense that went 3-13 the year before.

Yes, the 3-13 team whose defense had a reputation around the league for already being one of the most talented.

They were on the cusp and Marrone inherited that. He let it fall apart in one season. Similar in a way to McVay inheriting an incredible roster being underutilized. You already have the talent, just don’t let it fall apart.

Edited by eanyills

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For all those clamoring for the “young, offensive minded geniuses” for HC, just remember that Gase was once thought to be that guy. They aren’t all Sean McVays.

He might still be that guy, but just isn't a good talent evaluator.  I personally think he isn't that guy, but the jury is still out 

5 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Yes, the 3-13 team whose defense had a reputation around the league for already being one of the most talented.

They were on the cusp and Marrone inherited that. He let it fall apart in one season. Similar in a way to McVay inheriting an incredible roster being underutilized. You already have the talent, just don’t let it fall apart.

Right, like McD taking over a team truly on the cusp after 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 and taking them 9-7.

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

But the team was a dumpster fire this season and seems to be in disarray.  Khan’s decision to keep continuity will be his undoing.  If I was a Jags fan, I would be screaming this:

I didnt even have to play the video, does that mean Im getting old.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Was he?  Hadn't heard this.

The man has enjoyed more lives than a cat as HC for the Bengals.

Can't believe he survived this long.  

Wonder if he gets a shot at HC or DC this Offseason.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay so Ju-Wuan James has a burner account LOL

tweet about Adam Gase: "He does not. Manning did not meet coaching. Jay cutler sucked in Chicago and Gase has not been QB whisperer but y’all give him a pass. He is a soft minded punk"

"Gase makes me queezy because he coaches with his feelings. Alpha males are not welcomed he is defending kinko being burnt like toast. Trading Landry and Thinking JD is better than JJ at RT tackle is stupid. All players are watching and no one will come to MIA with Gase"

Why you guys @OmarKelly @davehydesports let coach Gase off the hook with weak questions. Why y’all write about him but up close won’t challenge his lack of ownership on issue. I’ll wait!!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Was he?  Hadn't heard this.

The man has enjoyed more lives than a cat as HC for the Bengals.

Can't believe he survived this long.  

Yep, Gase is another example of a franchise waiting one year too long to fire it's HC.  If they had fired Gase last year, it's likely that the new guy would have made a move to draft a new QB last year.  This year, the cupboard seems to be bare and their best bet might be to go after someone like Nick Foles...  

Edited by mannc