Way Too Early 2019 Predictions

jrober38

Way Too Early 2019 Record Prediction  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Wins Next Year?

With our 2019 opponents set, I wanted to take a way too early look at how people think we'll do.

Home

Pats - L

Jets - W

Fins - W

Broncos - W

Bengals - W

Ravens - W

Eagles - W

Redskins - W

Away

Pats - L

Jets - W

Fins - W

Titans - W

Steelers - L

Browns - L 

Giants - W

Cowboys - L

I expect the Bills to upgrade the offensive line in free agency, and continue building out the defense with affordable veteran options who fit our scheme. In the draft, I think we'll stock up on offensive skill players, by targeting a wide receiver, running back and tight end early in the draft. The result should be an improved team, where the offense takes steps forward and the defense ascends to being one of the top units in the league with much of the core already in place.

Finishing 3rd in the AFC East will be a blessing in disguise, drawing the Titans and Broncos instead of the Colts and Chargers (The Dolphins are going to be one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league next year). The NFC East is weak, but the NFL North will be a tough test. We should feast on the AFC East, and it would be great if the Pats take a step back. Anything short of 4 AFC East wins would probably be disappointing. I think we have a real chance of making New Era Field a fortress next year with a manageable home schedule. 

Way Too Early Prediction: 11-5

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

With our 2019 opponents set, I wanted to take a way too early look at how people think we'll do.

Home

Pats - L

Jets - W

Fins - W

Broncos - W

Bengals - W

Ravens - W

Eagles - W

Redskins - W

Away

Pats - L

Jets - W

Fins - W

Titans - W

Steelers - L

Browns - L 

Giants - W

Cowboys - L

I expect the Bills to upgrade the offensive line in free agency, and continue building out the defense with affordable veteran options who fit our scheme. In the draft, I think we'll stock up on offensive skill players, by targeting a wide receiver, running back and tight end early in the draft. The result should be an improved team, where the offense takes steps forward and the defense ascends to being one of the top units in the league with much of the core already in place.

Finishing 3rd in the AFC East will be a blessing in disguise, drawing the Titans and Broncos instead of the Colts and Chargers (The Dolphins are going to be one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league next year). The NFC East is weak, but the NFL North will be a tough test. We should feast on the AFC East, and it would be great if the Pats take a step back. Anything short of 4 AFC East wins would probably be disappointing. I think we have a real chance of making New Era Field a fortress next year with a manageable home schedule. 

Way Too Early Prediction: 11-5

Thoughts?

Agree on avoiding Colts and Chargers. Give me Mariota and Keenum as opponents over Luck and Rivers!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Agree on avoiding Colts and Chargers. Give me Mariota and Keenum as opponents over Luck and Rivers!!

I think that will be the difference between playoffs or no playoffs in 2019. 

Those should be two wins instead of two losses simply based off the fact we were 3rd in our division instead of 2nd. 

For @jrober38 to be that bullish on our 2019 season gives me hope. With a good off-season I think we have a chance to be this year's version of the Bears. 

Young QB takes a leap

Added offensive weapons

Really good defense becomes an elite defense

Aging elite QB in division falls apart

I'd love to get 10-12 wins next year and win our first division in forever.

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

I'm sold on Allen so I'm saying 10+ wins.

When you give that guy legit NFL weapons on the offensive side of the ball, look out.

Kid is going to be a star. You can just see that he has "it."

I would argue that he actually already is a star.

I can't see two losses to a fading NE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Edmunds can build off that game and they add a havoc front 7 player who can get after the QB and someone who can plug the run better then I think the defense should be fine.  Add some mid/late round depth at CB then they should be fine defensively.  Offensively is where they will need to build the trenches and add one more player on the perimeter who can take the top off as well as just be a problem in general.  I'd add one more back behind McCoy with the same playmaking ability.  TE could also be a good spot to add another body.

I think we can get to 10 wins.