Las Vegas Raiders: Mike Mayock hired as GM

MAJBobby

As per Scheftner. 

I have always wondered if there was ever going to be a team that would take the NFL Draft Personality and make him a GM. I guess it is the Raiders. 

Will be be interesting to see how he does. Someone that has just watched a lot of film. Played briefly and NEVER been in an NFL FO gets the Keys to build a franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well he gets to be in the room, Gruden has the keys and that is why a guy like Mayock was picked.

I've always liked Mayock. I hope he does well

I agree that Gruden will have final say. But Mayock will be picking the scouts. Putting the reports together and building that Draft and Pro Personnel Staff. 

Interesting going “outside” the nepotism and recycling that always occurs in the league. 

On a side note. Huge Loss for NFL and their state run media channel for draft time. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Being a G.M. is a lot more than just the draft. This should be interesting. More chaos with the raiders. 

But did they  interview a minority G.M. for the job? I’m not sure about that rule. It doesn’t make sense.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's 2018, and the Raiders are hiring an old school scout who doesn't believe in any analytics. 

Analytics doesn't win you championships... if it did, the Cheatriots wouldn't have won as many times as they have. Analytics will go the way of the Run and Shoot as gimmicky and ineffective...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

Being a G.M. is a lot more than just the draft. This should be interesting. More chaos with the raiders. 

But did they  interview a minority G.M. for the job? I’m not sure about that rule. It doesn’t make sense.

an Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Raiders interviewed at least one candidate who is a minority, possibly more than one. They have fulfilled the Rooney Rule requirement and can make the hire whenever they want.
Edited by MAJBobby

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What a terrible hire.

This guy's track record on a number of positions is flat out terrible. 

It's 2018, and the Raiders are hiring an old school scout who doesn't believe in any analytics. 

What do you mean a “terrible track record?” He’s never worked as an NFL executive

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

@Rapsheet

The #Raiders interviewed at least one candidate who is a minority, possibly more than one. They have fulfilled the Rooney Rule requirement and can make the hire whenever they want.

Mayock is 1/1032 Native American

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

if you or anyone had to rank the Top 150 players in the upcoming 2019 NFL draft.

you are going to have a lot of misses.

circumstances dictates fortunes.

take Zach Prescott QB Dallas......he looked a lot better 3 years ago playing behind that loaded offensive line....now, not so much, as that line changed personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Analytics doesn't win you championships... if it did, the Cheatriots wouldn't have won as many times as they have. Analytics will go the way of the Run and Shoot as gimmicky and ineffective...

Um ... the Pats are the most analytics- heavy franchise in the league. Ernie Adams is all I have to say. https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/01/eagles-patriots-both-relied-on-analytics-to-help-them-reach-the-super-bowl/amp/

and 

http://onlinedsa.merrimack.edu/new-england-patriots-data-analytics/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/19/patriots-use-analytics-but-belichick-dismisses-analytics-websites/amp/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I feel really bad for Raider fans. Going from Carr, Cooper and Mack to Gruden and Mayock. Bad owners <<<<<

... and from Oakland to LA, then back to Oakland, and on to Vegas.