Josh Allen during the pick 6

Another Fan

I know he’s just doing what he’s supposed to do but I thought that was pretty cool he tried to tackle Jones and swipe the ball.  He didn’t give up on the play and pout his head.  Even before the second half started little things like that make me more and more confident in him.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I know he’s just doing what he’s supposed to do but I thought that was pretty cool he tried to tackle Jones and swipe the ball.  He didn’t give up on the play and pout his head.  Even before the second half started little things like that make me more and more confident in him.  

I loved that he pursued the guy, and loved it even more that he tried to strip the ball out of his hands, which by the time he caught up with him would have been the only way of preventing a score. Can't say I've ever seen a QB do that before. Shame it didn't work ...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for pointing this out OP. What a difference between his today versus those we’ve seen thrown by our other starters throughout the course of this year—previously it always felt like the proverbial nail in the coffin, but today it hardly registered in the overall flow of the game. More specifically, I knew we still would have chances to pull out the W, because JA brings big play unpredictability the likes of which haven’t been seen in Orchard Park since my avatar namesake, and that’s a fact ladies and gents! 5 total TD’s on his back, and this is his rookie floor, not ceiling? Mic drop. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I loved that he pursued the guy, and loved it even more that he tried to strip the ball out of his hands, which by the time he caught up with him would have been the only way of preventing a score. Can't say I've ever seen a QB do that before. Shame it didn't work ...

It really reminded me of when Kelly got intercepted one time and totally destroyed the guy! I believe he broke his leg! Kelly was pissed and took it out on that guy!! I see the same fire from Josh and I love that!!

Found it. Anthony Phillips:

Edited by Houston's #1 Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

It really reminded me of when Kelly got intercepted one time and totally destroyed the guy! I believe he broke his leg! Kelly was pissed and took it out on that guy!! I see the same fire from Josh and I love that!!

Great analogy!! I’m nominating you for early AM post of the day ???

2 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Another amazing thing that I don't think anyone's brought up is the fact that Josh Allen made 3 block attempts on running plays that were reversed. He didn't try to avoid the play or avoid the block he welcomed it. I'm telling you guys you probably already know this but this kid is special and he's ours for the next 10 years. He's only going to get better with each game. How stupid I was to think I wanted Rosen over him.....

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I can’t find the video of it but Allen did the same thing in the 2016 MWC Championship game. The hit looked exactly like the one today but the DB fumbled it out of the end zone. Here is the blurb about it in the paper. 

Kazee stepped in front of an Allen pass at Wyoming’s 26-yard line and was off to the end zone. But Allen hit Kazee just before the goal line, knocking the ball loose for a touchback.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-azfoot-1204-story.html

• Like (+1) 2

What ppl need to understand is that Josh Allen is not just a quarterback

He is an athlete

He is highly competative

He is a gamer

He is passionate

I really feel like this is one of the reasons we traded up....twice......and took Josh with a 7th overall pick despite he was so raw......he genuinely loves the game and is wired for it....you can just tell

This is the best QB we have had under center since Jim Kelly.......and it really has been Jim Kelly/Josh Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CowboyBill said:

I can’t find the video of it but Allen did the same thing in the 2016 MWC Championship game. The hit looked exactly like the one today but the DB fumbled it out of the end zone. Here is the blurb about it in the paper. 

Kazee stepped in front of an Allen pass at Wyoming’s 26-yard line and was off to the end zone. But Allen hit Kazee just before the goal line, knocking the ball loose for a touchback.

Kid is a competitor, that game is on draft breakdown.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Another amazing thing that I don't think anyone's brought up is the fact that Josh Allen made 3 block attempts on running plays that were reversed. He didn't try to avoid the play or avoid the block he welcomed it. I'm telling you guys you probably already know this but this kid is special and he's ours for the next 10 years. He's only going to get better with each game. How stupid I was to think I wanted Rosen over him.....

10 years, in this NFL era, 15 years!! 

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, CowboyBill said:

That play is at the 1:30 mark.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He is an athlete

He is highly competative

He is a gamer

He is passionate

I really feel like this is one of the reasons we traded up....twice......and took Josh with a 7th overall pick despite he was so raw......he genuinely loves the game and is wired for it....you can just tell

This is the best QB we have had under center since Jim Kelly.......and it really has been Jim Kelly/Josh Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Bledsoe

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He is an athlete

He is highly competative

He is a gamer

He is passionate

Love your optimism John - can't wait for next season with some upgraded weapons. 

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

if he was a better athlete he would have done what Jimbo did - tackle the player and break his leg. :D

I like the fact that Josh is an athlete and not just a human jugs machine but he needs more work with Palmer during this offseason.

7 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Found it. Anthony Phillips:

Yes and this type of film is something every defense player should watch - do not expect the QB to just wiff out like Tommie boy.