[Vague Title] Re: Kirk Cousins....I told you so...

Big Turk

All the people who wanted Cousins here...aren't you happy you didnt get your wish now? He is exactly what i said he was...a guy who puts up numbers but can't win you games when you need your QB to win you games...same as he did and didn't do in Washington.

Most certainly he isnt worth anywhere near what the Vikings are paying him...espcially after they miss the playoffs after "upgrading" the position.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Another thread for this? 

Did you really need the LAMP that badly?

I think it’s an OK topic. I wanted cousins and a good supporting cast around him, but now I would MUCH rather have Allen... you need to get over yourself. This is a bbmb for goodness sakes, let’s open these boards to all aspects of conversations. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

All the people who wanted Cousins here...aren't you happy you didnt get your wish now? He is exactly what i said he was...a guy who puts up numbers but can't win you games when you need your QB to win you games...same as he did and didn't do in Washington.

Most certainly he isnt worth anywhere near what the Vikings are paying him...espcially after they miss the playoffs after "upgrading" the position.

Cool story

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Your post says less about Cousins than it does about you.

It says that you don't know enough to know when to wait. 'Cause after one year we don't know if the Vikes will ever have much success with Cousins. Maybe they won't. But maybe they will.

And it says you don't fully understand what causes team success. Because while a QB is indeed the most important player on a team by far, every guy is important and even a very good QB doesn't win alone. Winning is a team thing.

The Vikes are 30th in running. 30th. Tied for 21st in yards per carry, tied for 27th in rushing TDs and tied for 11th in fumbles.

On defense they were still pretty good but not the monsters they were last year. If they'd had last year's D, they'd likely be in the playoffs.

They haven't been able to be successful throwing long, as the Skins were often able to do with Cousins. They'll have to figure out why that is and work on it in the offseason. But 30 TDs put them 10th in the league while 10 INTs had them tied for 10th-lowest in INTs, with New England. Cousins was taking care of the ball while still being effective in moving it and scoring.

The Vikes passing offense was good this year. Not great, but it was the first year and they could easily be more successful as a team next year.

This wasn't all on Cousins, not even most of it. Of course, it's not all off him either. He gets his share of the blame. But not all of it.

They may have overpaid him. That's what it takes these days, unfortunately. But if they get a title during that contract, it'll have been worth every penny.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Ok. Besides Matter2003. I also pounded the tzble for everyone to shut the f up about cousins. Cousins is trash in the clutch, i aid it before ill say it again. 

Now give me cookies and weed for this rub it in your face comment.

All jokes aside. Im so glad we got JA and OBD didnt fall for the Cousins okiedoke.