Could Tyrod Taylor Run Lamar Jackson’s Offense?

Here is what I thought about today while watching Baltimore vs. Cleveland.  Based on the succcess of Baltimore’s offense, do you think a QB needy team will sign Tyrod Taylor and try to have him run a run-heavy, college style offense that takes advantage of his mobility and downplays throwing from the pocket?  

The NFL is a league copycats and whether it’s the read-option or wildcat, teams will copy whatever has been successful.  

It really makes me wonder if we’ll see this in 2019.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think Taylor is as dynamic of a runner as Jackson. Also, It only works if you have a great defense and amazing offensive line. 

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT back in Baltimore to back up/mentor Jackson. 

I think Tyrod picks a team where he has a chance to start.  We could see him in Miami or maybe Jacksonville

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I think Tyrod picks a team where he has a chance to start.  We could see him in Miami or maybe Jacksonville

Yeah, It would make sense. 

Anyone who questions Beane needs to remember that he got the 65th pick for him. 

Edited by whatdrought

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Doesn’t Roman, the guy who ran our high powered rushing offense with Tyrod help run the offense in Baltimore?

If so, then yes because we’ve seen it.  

What I find interesting - people act like you need to bring in new personnel to shift from a Flacco offense to a Lamar offense. But you don't. Flacco to Lamar? Worked right away. Kyle Orton to Tebow? Took about a week for players to make the change work. Alex Smith to Kaep? Same. Romo to Prescott? Just a training camp. I'll never understand teams playing a proven loser (Gabbert!) in a traditional offense instead of a Tyrod in a more college style offense when forced to make a change. 

7 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Here is what I thought about today while watching Baltimore vs. Cleveland.  Based on the succcess of Baltimore’s offense, do you think a QB needy team will sign Tyrod Taylor and try to have him run a run-heavy, college style offense that takes advantage of his mobility and downplays throwing from the pocket?  

The NFL is a league copycats and whether it’s the read-option or wildcat, teams will copy whatever has been successful.  

No chance

8 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

no. you still have not learned that he can't throw a football yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Doesn’t Roman, the guy who ran our high powered rushing offense with Tyrod help run the offense in Baltimore?

If so, then yes because we’ve seen it.  

And we had the #1 rush offense. If we had a #1 D we would have been in the playoffs

35 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Can Lamar Jackson though?  His stats look similar to Tyrod, minus the occasional deep ball

I haven't seen any evidence Lamar is better in the pass game than Taylor. Both extremely limited

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

And we had the #1 rush offense. If we had a #1 D we would have been in the playoffs

I haven't seen any evidence Lamar is better in the pass game than Taylor. Both extremely limited

I think Tyrod was definitely a better passer. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

The Ravens D is why they are in the playoffs.  Jackson will be exposed in the playoffs for what he is right NOW.. a run first throw second QB.. that just won’t work in the playoffs.. I think the chargers beat them 28-14.. 

• Like (+1) 1