Jags voided Fournettes gurantees - Silver says divorce is imminent

Reed83HOF

On 12/30/2018 at 11:34 PM, BillsVet said:

Well, if oranges come in red and are in the red delicious box at the store, then yes:  

Richardson in 2012: 15 gp / 267 carries / 950 yards / 3.6 avg /11 TD in 2013: 16 gp / 188 carries / 563 yards / 3.0 avg / 3 TD

Fournette in 2017: 13 gp / 268 carries / 1040 yards / 3.9 avg / 9 TD in 2018: 8 gp / 133 carries / 439 yards / 3.3 avg / 5 TD

Umm he was a beast his rookie year! People stacked the boss stop Fournette.. also look at your stats..

Fournette equaled or surpassed Richardson playing in HALF the games.  They are not the same player by any means.. also in year 2 Richardson had Andrew freakjbgvLuck as his QB and put up those numbers.. while Fournette still had Blake “how the heck I get an extension” Bortles!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's not like defenses had to be concerned with any of their QBs.

The team, as a whole, regressed this season.  I don't think Fournette's performance in 2018 is an indictment of his ability.

With a glaring need at the position and a good amount of cap room, if he's released, you better believe McBeane will be all over it.

Edited by Chicken Boo

Fournette may never be healthy.  However, he also was over used in Jacksonville.  Bortles could only throw 3 routes, and teams stacked the box begging them to throw.  I would offer a mid rd pick for him in a heartbeat.  Power running game with Allen will be deadly.  This offseason Buffalo needs to sign a veteran and draft 1.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Fournette may never be healthy.  However, he also was over used in Jacksonville.  Bortles could only throw 3 routes, and teams stacked the box begging them to throw.  I would offer a mid rd pick for him in a heartbeat.  Power running game with Allen will be deadly.  This offseason Buffalo needs to sign a veteran and draft 1.  

He had a full workload as a rookie, but wasn't that over-used. 

No reason to spend high dollars and/or trade value on a guy with a crap attitude.  They should draft a RB in the mid-rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd give up a 2nd for him.   I'm much higher on him than most the opinions I've seen here.  The guy can catch the ball contrary to popular belief and he's an agile straight up truck, which is just the kind of running we need with this team.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:07 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Yikes!  How about they just move on?  Bills need to draft a RB, not continue with declining production vets.

Sheesh...

Um ... isn't he 23? He's clearly talented. I'm not saying that I want this to happen, mind you, but he's hardly a "declining vet."

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um ... isn't he 23? He's clearly talented. I'm not saying that I want this to happen, mind you, but he's hardly a "declining vet."

He's also the right body type to counter the trend towards permanent nickel/dime defense that we're seeing.  Defenses are smaller and faster, not the worst time to be able to run heavy between the tackles.  

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's 23.  3rd year vet coming up.

He went from 3.9 to 3.3 YPC.  Steep decline.

He's being dangled by a team that is desperate for offensive playmakers.

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's also the right body type to counter the trend towards permanent nickel/dime defense that we're seeing.  Defenses are smaller and faster, not the worst time to be able to run heavy between the tackles.  

I'd take him in a heartbeat.  He's the only guy on that team with any life in them.  i bet he'd come here with a giant chip on his should to the rest of the league, and if he could buy into the process, be a dominant back for a long time.  He's in a terrible situation in Jax and clearly wants out, i think that was reflected in his attitude the second half of this year

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's 23.  3rd year vet coming up.

He went from 3.9 to 3.3 YPC.  Steep decline.

He's being dangled by a team that is desperate for offensive playmakers.

He's played for a team with no QB threat. Teams played to stop him and make Jags QBs beat you. Don't fret though, he'll end up in NE, thrash the Bills two times a year and allow Brady to play two more years

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He's played for a team with no QB threat. Teams played to stop him and make Jags QBs beat you. Don't fret though, he'll end up in NE, thrash the Bills two times a year and allow Brady to play two more years

The Pats would much enjoy have this man on the roster, run him when it was optimal and not running him when the passing game was working fine that given game.

8 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Bortles threw for more yards than Mariota or Rosen or Dalton, yet their RBs were all close to or over 1000 yards.  Who was the QB threat in SF?  A guy named Matt Breida had 814 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bortles threw for more yards than Mariota or Rosen or Dalton, yet their RBs were all close to or over 1000 yards.  Who was the QB threat in SF?  A guy named Matt Breida had 814 yards.

Mariota, Rosen and Dalton all are threats to beat you with their arms. Let's not downplay what Nick Mullens did through the air for the Niners

3 hours ago, Magox said:

I'd give up a 2nd for him.   I'm much higher on him than most the opinions I've seen here.  The guy can catch the ball contrary to popular belief and he's an agile straight up truck, which is just the kind of running we need with this team.

Yeah the ppl saying he sucks are crazy. The guy was a beast his rookie year. We also could NOT tackle him a few months ago. Jags fell off as a whole this year and bortles is garbage. That is the real problem there

• Like (+1) 2