Jags voided Fournettes gurantees - Silver says divorce is imminent

Reed83HOF

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'd still take a flier on him on a one year prove it deal if available. Him n Shady as a 1A and 1B  could be interesting. If he doesn't buy in cut him Immediately. 

Yikes!  How about they just move on?  Bills need to draft a RB, not continue with declining production vets.

Sheesh...

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Fournette is quickly becoming Trent Richardson 2.0

Acknowledging that you're out of shape, getting into on-field fights, and all while on a team overseen by Tom Coughlin is not the way to start a career.  

Trent Richardson sucked. Worst runningback IQ I've seen. Fournette's just a head case. But so so so much better. There's way better comparisons to make here lol.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Trent Richardson sucked. Worst runningback IQ I've seen. Fournette's just a head case. But so so so much better. There's way better comparisons to make here lol.

the effect of expecting Bama skill players to be of much use in real NFL football.... :D

works great with a system that whips Citadel though

(there are a few exceptions over the last 50 years....)

Can they void the bonus money and keep him??  That doesn't really make sense.  I could see them maybe getting out of the bonus money if they release him maybe?  It's a fully guaranteed contract and he was docked game checks for every game he missed due to suspensions.

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yikes!  How about they just move on?  Bills need to draft a RB, not continue with declining production vets.

Sheesh...

Fournette's never really had production - his career rush average is sub 4.0.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Can they void the bonus money and keep him??  That doesn't really make sense.  I could see them maybe getting out of the bonus money if they release him maybe?  It's a fully guaranteed contract and he was docked game checks for every game he missed due to suspensions.

RB stats on their own are of little value in the context of the way the games are played out in real time.

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

It's the guarantes that are voided not the money. They are paying him the same amount as before, but it's no longer guaranteed. So they can cut him and have no dead money

22 minutes ago, dneveu said:

No they can't void bonus money. Yes they get refunded for games while he's suspended, and can even demand a refund for the portion of the bonus money attributed to the games missed by suspension.

What's voided is his remaining future guarantees, which means his guaranteed salary (2019 - 2020) is no longer guaranteed.

Punishing a player for sticking up for the team on the field?

Even if out of line thats not enough.

There was def bad blood brewing, its probobly a lot of things combined not just the fight. I could imagine Fortunette and a 2nd or 3rd round pick going to Oakland for Derrek Carr. 

Stupid pick by the Jags to begin with at pick 4...dude wasn't ever going to be a Gurley/Barkley type generational back in the NFL...they basically turned the clock back to 1984 with that pick...

Edited by matter2003