Jags voided Fournettes gurantees - Silver says divorce is imminent

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Fournette is quickly becoming Trent Richardson 2.0

Acknowledging that you're out of shape, getting into on-field fights, and all while on a team overseen by Tom Coughlin is not the way to start a career.  

Richardson was never good.

Sounds like Fournette has an attitude problem (according to Tom)

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He will appeal and likely will win. 

However that said call em up and offer a 6th. 

the boss might not like his character

5 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Fournette is far more talented than Trent Richardson will ever be. He had an injury plagued season. He will come back and be fine next year where ever he is

Yeah if he doesn’t get hurt again. Which is unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

This is why that dude held out in Chicago this year...first offests..this is the new battleground for rookies

They have been crushed by the new rules, it can hardly be worth it to those without obvious star power down the road

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://apnews.com/27d7520db8684cedabf9fe02abb55382

The Jaguars have notified Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision.

If I were the Bills management, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. The perfect back for what this team needs going forward.

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Trade Shady and a 3rd round pick for him. 

What did Shady ever do to you that you would subject him to playing for Marrone? That's like asking to put a horse down just because he seemed slower in his last few races...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think Fornette is talented but I don't see him being a Zeke, Gurley, Bell or Barkley type difference maker. He is a dam fine power runner but not a capable receiver and not elite at pushing between the tackles either. I think he has top 10 RB talent but when you draft him at pick 4 you want a top 5 elite RB. I think Jacksonville dumps him for a early 3rd or late 2nd round pick this off-season. It cuts their losses while another team gets very good talent on the cheap. I don't think he would be worth trading for if you are the Bills. Too much of a headcase and malcontent for McBeane even if it cost the team a 3rd rounder I just don't see the fit. 

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'd still take a flier on him on a one year prove it deal if available. Him n Shady as a 1A and 1B  could be interesting. If he doesn't buy in cut him Immediately. 

We're not getting Fournette on a one year prove it deal. He's still got a lot of value. At his age, there would be multiple teams vying for his services. If he were 28, suddenly these character issues would be much more serious and a full stop red flag. Just the way it is.

• Like (+1) 1

Say what you will about Fournette, but this is a dumb move by Jags.

He wasn't suspended for PED's or flaking on a team meeting.  He was suspended for (whether you agree with it or not) defending his teammate who was pushed by Shaq Lawson.  And because of that your going to take $7 million out of his pocket?

This is a bad look for a team that struggles in the first place to get quality FA's.  I've never heard of a team doing this to a player for this reason, and if I"m a FA looking for a new team with GTD money, the last place I would consider signing onto is Jacksonville.