Josh Allen Rookie Season Highlight Video

RobbRiddick

We can look no further than Foster to see how hard work can make someone a better receiver. It also takes time to build some chemistry and to adjust to how fast Allen throws. I hope Beane is looking for wide receivers who are good at snatching the ball out of the air. Quick hands and fast adjusting

• Like (+1) 2

Another year to work with Dabol.

Will come in established as the starting QB.

A whole preseason to develop chemistry with the WRs and TE.

If Bills can establish a solid ground attack, can you imagine the pressure put on a defense.

Allen is dangerous because he can run and has a strong arm.  Imagine the opposing defenses having to also defend a running game.

Allen would be even more dangerous.

Can't wait til next season.  I imagine I will watch this video a number of times this off season.

Certainly not all were "drops." I would say some of them "should" have been caught; while, all of them "could" have been caught. I don't particularly care what they meant in terms of completion percentage as much as what they meant in on field effects: Ends of drives, loss of field position, change in momentum, point production, and ultimately, the difference in possibly winning 2-3 more games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Certainly not all were "drops." I would say some of them "should" have been caught; while, all of them "could" have been caught. I don't particularly care what they meant in terms of completion percentage as much as what they meant in on field effects: Ends of drives, loss of field position, change in momentum, point production, and ultimately, the difference in possibly winning 2-3 more games.

Could have been named "5 minutes of missed catches most decent NFL receivers make"

I honestly think velocity has something to do with some of them - exposing lack of skill.  If you don't have great hands/skill to begin with, if the ball is coming in really fast you are more likely to miss it.

What’s even more maddening is listening to the commentary in the background. 

“The was a perfect throw”

”that’s a great throw”

”should have been caught” 

????? 

I get this happens to numerous teams. But the lack of plays made for the qb teamed with the BLATANT drops of nice balls is just inexcusable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Could have been named "5 minutes of missed catches most decent NFL receivers make"

I honestly think velocity has something to do with some of them - exposing lack of skill.  If you don't have great hands/skill to begin with, if the ball is coming in really fast you are more likely to miss it.

Greetings from Wake Forest. I do think velocity was an issue with some passes. In some instances, Allen could have put a better touch on the ball; in some instances, the velocity was more an issue of disrupting timing; and in some instances, a better receiver would have made the catch. I think all of those issues will improve as Allen's experience increases, as he is surrounded by better receivers, and with more time developing chemistry between Allen and those recivers.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I tend to agree, though I do think the touch argument is a bit played out.  The recievers on the Bills A.) need to adjust for harder thrown balls B.) aren’t the most skilled pass catchers.

This was constantly reinforced to me anytime I watched good offenses play this season.  Even from very good QB’s like Brady, Mahomes, Watson etc, passes we’re not always between the numbers, but receivers made some great adjustments or by diving or leaping for the ball.

Allen probably is never going to be the most accurate QB in terms of ball placement, so it will be important to find my recievers with good hands/catch radius  

On 12/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Southern Bills Fan said:

I think he will be great. The experts predicted that he would have such a long learning curve because he didn't play with or against future NFL talent in college like most QB's in power 5 conferences do. It seems like he caught up much faster than most expected.  

Push everything else aside...can you imagine if they only gave the kid one game at the end of this season?

Jeepers. man, this weirdly worked out perfectly, didn't it?

Played a little bit early, took a little break, then came back.  3-3, 8 passing TDs, 7 Int, 5 rushing TDs.  207 yards passing per game, 79 yards rushing per game for 286 yards per game offense down the stretch.

Long Live Josh Allen.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:11 AM, PearlHowardman said:

In the NFL there are winning coaches and losing coaches.  Same for college football.  Sean McDermott is not a winning NFL coach.

:mellow: 

Hate to break this to you.  McDs record last 2 years is same as your beloved ex-SU HC Doug Marrone.  Marrone is a sub-500 coach in 4 full years as HC.  McD has done more in BUF with far less talent (Mario, Dareus, Gilmore, Woods, Watkins, etc).  Both had to develop a rookie QB.  The Jags quit on Marrone this year.  He will be canned after 2019.

Allen is way better than any QB we've had in while.  And just for the record, Eric Dungy will never be an everyday starter in NFL.  

3 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Came across this the other day.  It begs the question, who is the most surehanded reciever on the Bills roster?  Ouch

What a bunch of non-catching bums. That was truly painful to watch. So glad Benjamin and Holmes were cut. I don't ever want to see Thompson in a Bills uniform again either.

• Like (+1) 1