Josh Allen Rookie Season Highlight Video

RobbRiddick

47 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

What a bunch of non-catching bums. That was truly painful to watch. So glad Benjamin and Holmes were cut. I don't ever want to see Thompson in a Bills uniform again either.

There's a reason why he can't seem to stick anywhere...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ha!  Ok how about in your opinion?  It might be Jason Croom?  Of course, when he’s not so sure handed after he makes the catch!

Yeah.  It's pry Croom.  I'm hoping Jones and Foster develop a chemistry with Allen where they are able to catch the speeding bullet he throws more often.

So many plays that I've never seen made by a QB in the NFL before.  The normal running QBs are small, typically point guard types.   Josh is more like Magic Johnson.  A physical mismatch in any situation.  That TD against the Jags from a collapsed pocket was stunning.  It looked like the ball had no chance to come out, that he actually got hit during the release and the ball still was on target 40+ yards down the field.  Stiff arms, hurdling, breaking tackles, pylon leaps from 15 feet away.  He almost broke a QB sneak for big yardage, maybe a 60+ TD.  He probably will do that at some point in his career.  Btw, I don't remember him failing on a sneak.  Over the top with arms extended or plowing strait ahead for 4 yards or more. Doing these kinds of things in the NCAA against the rest of the MWC is one thing but the way his athleticism, size and strength  flashes against NFL talent is stunning.  

I really don't blame Kiko for the penalty.  It makes total sense and was predictable.  The guy had been chasing Josh for 7 quarters of football and never caught him, often with attempts that bordered on embarrassing.   I told my brother that if Kiko ever did catch him he would try to make him pay but he still missed him other than with the secondary leg whip.  Anthony Barr was posterized 3 times by Josh.  He probably felt the same way.   His o-linemen better get used to defending him because defenders take exception to being humiliated.

Couple things-

1. Hell of an athlete 

2. It was crazy how badly he exposed kiko in the first matchup against the fins. Like, badly. Probably (definitely) why kiko took that shot on him last Sunday. Frustration hit.

3. Something I noticed on his really deep balls. The one to Zay in the changers games and the one to clay on the last play in the fins game (not shown). He relies heavily on the strength of his arm and only the strength of his arm. On those two plays he’s gotta step into it and not just heave it. It explains the wobble on the passes. Easily correctable things that I’m sure he’ll work on. 

4. Jags game where he broke off that huge run towards the sidelines. I remember seeing that and my cheeks clenched. Gotta go out of bounce there. Yikes.

5. I have a man crush on him. That is all. Go Bills

15 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Certainly not all were "drops." I would say some of them "should" have been caught; while, all of them "could" have been caught. I don't particularly care what they meant in terms of completion percentage as much as what they meant in on field effects: Ends of drives, loss of field position, change in momentum, point production, and ultimately, the difference in possibly winning 2-3 more games.

This.  A lot of those were actually reasonably high difficulty contested catches.  Catches that a top-notch NFL WR could make, certainly, but not every time.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Came across this the other day.  It begs the question, who is the most surehanded reciever on the Bills roster?  Ouch

This is the only time that I have ever left a highlight video unmuted. I laughed out loud multiple times. As funny as it is sad to watch.

Very comfortable out of playaction, less so in shotgun. Once he starts being able to come off his first read and into his second before he hits the top of his drop you’re going to see him start taking the league by storm. 

Foster can play, if he gets stronger he’s going to be a weapon. Jones needs to tighten everything down and cut out the drops but he’s coming along. 

• 3 weeks later...