End of Season Rank the rookie QB's

RPbillsfan

1 hour ago, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

People who have Josh Rosen anything other than 5th are wrong. I've seen nothing from him to show me otherwise. And, this is from a guy who liked him better than Allen coming out. I was wrong and knew it very early in the season. Rosen just doesn't have the athleticism or skill that Allen has. He also looks frail and may be durability challenged. Admit it when you are wrong people.

I've tried to give Rosen the benefit of the doubt but like you, whenever I've watched him I haven't seen him do anything special.  
He may improve quite a bit next year with new coach etc.  Still to soon to say. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

lol yes he did. He gets a bad wrap here IMO. idk if this is trolling.. I just think Lamar Jackson is a way better threat running than Tyrod dreamed of in terms of Chris Johnson or Vick ability to get chunk rushing plays in a snap. He's not bad whatsoever at passing either.. it's just whatever he's doing works so much better if he just keeps running as much as he is. With that defense and strong running game getting TOP.. it's a deadly poison.

He seems far better than Tyrod at this juncture IMO. I mean.. he took Flacco's spot whereas Tyrod didn't for the Ravens lol. Running a waaaay different offense and style of play than Tyrod. HE'S NOT TYROD.

Dropping Tyrod. Ain't no other rookies scratching his win loss % this year. Winning football babee. Went like 6-1. Tyrod don't do that.

Jackson's problem is that his current playing style and the way the Ravens are using him is likely not sustainable. Allen is finding the right spots to run. Especially since the bye week. That is why he is averaging an insane 8.8 ypc in his six games since the bye and coming back from the injury. He's doing this while still playing primarily as a QB. This should help him develop as a passer even faster than Jackson who is running nearly as much as he throws in some games. In his seven games Jackson has never thrown the ball more than 25 times. Allen has thrown the ball fewer than 25 times only once in his last six games. He's thrown it over 30 times 3 times including 41 times against the Patriots.

And Allen has been hands down the more dynamic and efficient runner to close the season. The numbers aren't even close. 

Allen's averages in his final six games:

9 rushes 8.8ypc  476 yards 5TDs and only 4 fumbles and 7 sacks

Since Jackson has started seven games, lets throw out his worst rushing game of the season, two weeks ago against the chargers where he was sacked 3 times, failed to score, fumbled the ball  and carried the ball 13 times for 39 yards and 3.0ypc.

His six game averages throwing out his worst game:

17.6 rushes 4.9ypc  517 yards 4 TDs and 9 fumbles and 12 sacks

Keep in mind Allen has converted probably close to a half dozen 3rd/4th and 1's and multiple kneel downs. His yards per rush could probably be closer to 11.0 if we took out the kneel downs and short yardage conversions. Of course Jackson has probably had similar situations too I just don't know for sure and how many.

6 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Steroids do that to ya. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jackson's problem is that his current playing style and the way the Ravens are using him is likely not sustainable. Allen is finding the right spots to run. Especially since the bye week. That is why he is averaging an insane 8.8 ypc in his six games since the bye and coming back from the injury. He's doing this while still playing primarily as a QB. This should help him develop as a passer even faster than Jackson who is running nearly as much as he throws in some games. In his seven games Jackson has never thrown the ball more than 25 times. Allen has thrown the ball fewer than 25 times only once in his last six games. He's thrown it over 30 times 3 times including 41 times against the Patriots.

And Allen has been hands down the more dynamic and efficient runner to close the season. The numbers aren't even close. 

Allen's averages in his final six games:

9 rushes 8.8ypc  476 yards 5TDs and only 4 fumbles and 7 sacks

Since Jackson has started seven games, lets throw out his worst rushing game of the season, two weeks ago against the chargers where he was sacked 3 times, failed to score, fumbled the ball  and carried the ball 13 times for 39 yards and 3.0ypc.

His six game averages throwing out his worst game:

17.6 rushes 4.9ypc  517 yards 4 TDs and 9 fumbles and 12 sacks

Keep in mind Allen has converted probably close to a half dozen 3rd/4th and 1's and multiple kneel downs. His yards per rush could probably be closer to 11.0 if we took out the kneel downs and short yardage conversions. Of course Jackson has probably had similar situations too I just don't know for sure and how many.

that's so cool. however, only one of them won their division and is headed to the playoffs.